The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Sam198

"WARNING: 80KG"

Credit to Dan (The Earl).
Last edited by Sam198 on Mon May 06, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barty

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote:
JAMMYD777 wrote: A tweet by @altontowers says that the lighting setup and the fact Cake are on site is not to do with the advert. If not, then what else? Hmmm.
maybe the opening? A bit of a light show ect...
Possibly to do with ITV apparently being there?
Hmv

Sam198 wrote: "WARNING: 80KG"

Credit to the Alton Towers Guide.
Looks like it say 80kg to me, just to replicate human weight.
MatthewR1990

Sam198 wrote: "WARNING: 80KG"

Credit to the Alton Towers Guide.
Fat dummies... WEIGHT! I'm heavier than that?

(Yes I spelt wait wrong on purpose. That's was the pun, no need to throw your DUMMIE out the pram... BOOM 2for1)
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
JBragg1

Could the red heads be protecting the bottle from getting wet.
Liam-AltonTowers

do you think they're filming now as we speak?

oh and was roodlesnouter on site today, if so any pics?
Last edited by Liam-AltonTowers on Mon May 06, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
Adz
Admin
Admin

Please can we refrain from 'backseat moderating' - The team have got it in hand.

I would assume the dummies we are seeing are more for promotional shots than actual testing. Regular test dummies look nothing like these.
Rollercoasters4Life

Get your Smiler Bags for life's out now - commence the bag hitting! :lol:

Hopefully Roodles will have an update for us in a while. Maybe tomorrow we will have a better understanding of what occurred tonight too. Patients is key from this point forward!
Luce

Indeed, let's keep things friendly thanks :)

If anyone has issues with anyone, please feel free to PM one of the team instead of bringing it to the topics.

Anyway, back to the discussion about The Smiler thanks very much :)
MatthewR1990

Rollercoasters4Life wrote: Get your Smiler Bags for life's out now - commence the bag hitting! :lol:

Hopefully Roodles will have an update for us in a while. Maybe tomorrow we will have a better understanding of what occurred tonight too. Patients is key from this point forward!
Roodles is in the shoutbox now and his laptop is broken unfortunately. So no update from him. But I do not towers street have a nice little update from one of their members if you can't wait. Nothing we haven't seen already to be honest but still. They are newest pictures around atm.
Forza_Dan24

I am just excited to see some dummies, whatever their purpose, sat in the trains as it is undoubtedly a sign of further progress and/or shenanigans :)
Smile. Always. :moj
Big thanks to lewis97 for the signature!
Mrloverlubba

This is the reason why all the lighting, strobes, smoke etc... has been drafted in, Alton Towers are going to create an advert similar to the one of G-Force, disagree? wait two weeks and you will see.

P.S. the G-Force advert
coasterpaul

Those dummies are ones that are used by rescue services to mimic a real adult, they are weighted in such a way that each body part weighs the same as a real person....will give a good indication of how a unconscious person would move...which i guess is worst case scenario testing! 
Aidan Lowe

Mrloverlubba wrote: This is the reason why all the lighting, strobes, smoke etc... has been drafted in, Alton Towers are going to create an advert similar to the one of G-Force, disagree? wait two weeks and you will see.

P.S. the G-Force advert
Nothing more awesome than a coaster at night with fx however Alton Towers earlier tweeted said it had nothing to do with the TV advert.

[Edit] for JustTotallyEpic below: it's not fan-made.
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Mon May 06, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Mrloverlubba

Mabalzich wrote:
Mrloverlubba wrote: This is the reason why all the lighting, strobes, smoke etc... has been drafted in, Alton Towers are going to create an advert similar to the one of G-Force, disagree? wait two weeks and you will see.

P.S. the G-Force advert
Nothing more awesome than a coaster at night with fx however Alton Towers earlier tweeted said it had nothing to do with the TV advert.
They would say that though wouldn't they, why else would they have all that equipment just for a few nights? It's 100% promo related, either an advert or for that weird miles cedars thing they're doing :)
JustTotallyEpic

Mrloverlubba wrote:
Mabalzich wrote:

P.S. the G-Force advert
They would say that though wouldn't they, why else would they have all that equipment just for a few nights? It's 100% promo related, either an advert or for that weird miles cedars thing they're doing :)
The Miles Cedars thing is fan made just throwing that out there Alton Towers have already stated that :D
MatthewR1990

JustTotallyEpic wrote:
Mrloverlubba wrote:
Mabalzich wrote: Nothing more awesome than a coaster at night with fx however Alton Towers earlier tweeted said it had nothing to do with the TV advert.
The Miles Cedars thing is fan made just throwing that out there Alton Towers have already stated that :D
I'm sorry, where have they said this? The Miles Cedars thing is 100% real, it is even on their official website which can be seen here http://www.the-smiler.com/videos/
nacholover

The dummies wouldn't be dressed up for nothing would they? I reckon they'll be used in the adverts with faces pasted over the dummies heads, just an idea...
MatthewR1990

nacholover wrote: The dummies wouldn't be dressed up for nothing would they? I reckon they'll be used in the adverts with faces pasted over the dummies heads, just an idea...
I agree that they are definitely for some sort of promo. The fact they are clothed is the biggest give a way. They're is no reason to clothe a dummie surely? Lmao.
Phild94

MatthewR1990 wrote:
nacholover wrote: The dummies wouldn't be dressed up for nothing would they? I reckon they'll be used in the adverts with faces pasted over the dummies heads, just an idea...
I agree that they are definitely for some sort of promo. The fact they are clothed is the biggest give a way. They're is no reason to clothe a dummie surely? Lmao.
They're checking clearances coat buttons clearly..... I mean no one wants a random popper popping them in the face because of a dodgy turn XD

Antipopper popping clearance tests :)

No but seriously yeah they're probably for promo footage :)

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D