The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
aircanman

I really don't think the worlds first is 14 inversions, there must be something else, if there isn't we can safely say that JW isn't worth listening to any more.  Because it is nothing but the hype of media, which is general crap most of the time.
Last edited by aircanman on Mon May 06, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JBragg1

when itv posted a video of 13 they had people on the ride but they wont be able to do that with the smiler for health and safety reasons.
Nocama

This is posted by the ATG. proof of testing?
Last edited by Nocama on Mon May 06, 2013 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@jordywilsonmcr :)
undeadarmy

jbragg1 wrote: when itv posted a video of 13 they had people on the ride but they wont be able to do that with the smiler for health and safety reasons.
The 13 thing on ITV was shown the day before opening, this is obviously going to be shown earlier, so you're probably right.
JBragg1

the boxes could be a secret element and Alton towers don't want the secret out yet.
clayj

Nocama wrote:

More like careless builder as if that was to have been made by a train we are in for an extremely bumpy ride as this mark is no where near profiled enough to be consistent to that of one left by the running of a train
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
aircanman

The pics that ATG are posting show the Hypnotiser leg being completed, you can also see moving head lights in the background with those inflatable bubbles on them for weatherproofing, however these are 100% temporary so must be for some show as you have said, this could be for some on ride footage for the marmaliser screens, it could be for ride queue footage which is recorded professionally, I doubt ITV would be there this early to record for the likes of DayBreak, the film crews cost thousands to place so are usually in and out within hours, so there is something going on other than a broadcast I think.
aircanman

Nocama wrote:

It may be if a train flew off the track at that point....
Nocama

If you look under the larger scratch mark there seems to be wheel marks on the underside of the track?
JBragg1

aircanman wrote:
Nocama wrote:

i don't think so
Hari

I only have 2 worries at the moment...
1. That it won't be open for when I go. (26-27th May)
2. It will be horrifically headbashing like SAW... :/
The horrible thing is is that if it opens on something like the 28th, I cant go back as I live 3hrs away from AT :(
NR
SwEDEN

jbragg1 wrote:
aircanman wrote:
Nocama wrote:

i don't think so

It was sarcasm.........
Danny

Could the film crew being there mean that testing could begin during today as they wouldn't be waiting around till the park closes if they're already there would they, as someone else has already said they can cost thousands
JBragg1

is it official that it needs to test 100 hours or not if it was going to test for 100 hours only with the park open it would take 15 days testing which would mean the earliest it would probably open would be the  Tuesday the 21 of may 2013   
Stern John

danny.g97 wrote: Could the film crew being there mean that testing could begin during today as they wouldn't be waiting around till the park closes if they're already there would they, as someone else has already said they can cost thousands
All that lighting wouldn't really work during the day though whould it?
I'm hoping for a live testing on TV tonight.
Hitch

Theres quite abit of equipment down there. (Photo from towersnerd)
A

Nocama wrote: Image

Looks more like proof of mishandling  8)
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
JBragg1

where are the trains now are they in the station the maintinence shead or the breake run. has the floor or the logo been added yet
Nocama

jbragg1 wrote: is it official that it needs to test 100 hours or not if it was going to test for 100 hours only with the park open it would take 15 days testing which would mean the earliest it would probably open would be the  Tuesday the 21 of may 2013 
Personally i think that the 25th is the most likely, this will give plenty of time for testing and will allow Alton Towers to make as many changes as they need to and iron out any kinks with the ride
Stern John

Nocama wrote:
jbragg1 wrote: is it official that it needs to test 100 hours or not if it was going to test for 100 hours only with the park open it would take 15 days testing which would mean the earliest it would probably open would be the  Tuesday the 21 of may 2013 
Personally i think that the 25th is the most likely, this will give plenty of time for testing and will allow Alton Towers to make as many changes as they need to and iron out any kinks with the ride
I will cry