The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
JW599

Live feeds... Maybe??? Take a look at 1:07 from another video posted by ATG: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151364779916050&set=vb.168150643216122&type=2&theater

Shows what looks like an on ride recording.
Last edited by JW599 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RollerCoasterTycoon2013

There is a secret element, John Wardley confirmed it and Matmi teamed up with AT to make the game, which has 7 secrets, it won't be revealed until next month. Just because no-one knows what it is, doesn't mean that there isn't one.
jbuckton18

JW599 wrote: Live feeds... Maybe??? Take a look at 1:07 from another video posted by ATG: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151364779916050&set=vb.168150643216122&type=2&theater

Shows what looks like an on ride recording.
Oo interesting !! It just popped into my head as a good idea ! We could possibly see this in action!
Last edited by jbuckton18 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some say they've seen angels, Ive seen The Smiler - That's enough
jbuckton18

The Earl wrote:
RCD27 wrote:
A wrote: Looking at the 4th photo across on Mi7's update, looks almost like the Que line is split into 3 groups before entering the station building - Possibly for a pre show? Either that or it's not finished yet  :P (I would have attached the photo but I haven't got a clue how)
Normal
Single Riders
Fastrack

They have sorted the screens now, the next video shows them the correct way round. As for the 'washing machine', I don't think it could be discredited as an idea, if people are sure they have seen everything how come they don't already know the world first element.

But looking at the advertisements, they use 'World beating roller coaster' which would imply that we are just going to see an inversion record.
know one know's the "Worlds First/Secret Element" simply because there isn't one. The "Worlds First" is 14 inversions, which we all know about, yet we seem to continue going round in circles with the subject, which funnily enough is what this washing machine element would of done  :P.
Hmm i dont think you can call 14 inversions a worlds first ? It's a world record beating but a worlds first ? hmm i dont think it's right to call a world record a worlds first ! That's just my opinion :) I personally the worlds first with be a certain secret element that we dont know about ( hence secret weapon) and the only place we cant see is INSIDE/UNDERGROUND. I think secret/worlds first element will be included in this bit e.g. a rotation track or something else
mikecloud1984

Long time reader (since Air construction) and very very infrquent poster.

I have been looking at the MI7 update and the first lift hill does start an aweful long way away from the station.

I know, logically, we have seen all pieces being put into place but I can't help but think we are missing something between the first barrael roll and the start of the lift hill.

I am not for 1 second suggesting the Washing Machine - but as previously stated, an X No Way Out style revolving room?

I am having to wait until 1st October to visit and take my ride on this but I have not been this excited about a coaster for years!
RollerCoasterTycoon2013

The Marmaliser screen looks amazing! Hopefully they manage to fix the dodgy bit soon. Maybe they'll next start testing The Marmaliser!
The Earl

jbuckton18 wrote:
The Earl wrote:
RCD27 wrote: Normal
Single Riders
Fastrack

They have sorted the screens now, the next video shows them the correct way round. As for the 'washing machine', I don't think it could be discredited as an idea, if people are sure they have seen everything how come they don't already know the world first element.

But looking at the advertisements, they use 'World beating roller coaster' which would imply that we are just going to see an inversion record.
know one know's the "Worlds First/Secret Element" simply because there isn't one. The "Worlds First" is 14 inversions, which we all know about, yet we seem to continue going round in circles with the subject, which funnily enough is what this washing machine element would of done  :P.
Hmm i dont think you can call 14 inversions a worlds first ? It's a world record beating but a worlds first ? hmm i dont think it's right to call a world record a worlds first ! That's just my opinion :) I personally the worlds first with be a certain secret element that we dont know about ( hence secret weapon) and the only place we cant see is INSIDE/UNDERGROUND. I think secret/worlds first element will be included in this bit e.g. a rotation track or something else
It can be called both! It's never been done anywhere in the world, so this makes it a first of it's kind, in the world.... I.E "World First".

As for "World beating" it beats any other coaster in the world that is currently holding the world record for most number of inversions, also making it "World Beating".

Quite a clever way to market the ride really, so credit to Alton for that  :D
jbuckton18

mikecloud1984 wrote: Long time reader (since Air construction) and very very infrquent poster.

I have been looking at the MI7 update and the first lift hill does start an aweful long way away from the station.

I know, logically, we have seen all pieces being put into place but I can't help but think we are missing something between the first barrael roll and the start of the lift hill.

I am not for 1 second suggesting the Washing Machine - but as previously stated, an X No Way Out style revolving room?

I am having to wait until 1st October to visit and take my ride on this but I have not been this excited about a coaster for years!
That's what i have been thinking too. They may have installed something without us even knowing ! If you remember from the start of construction , you should remember AT actually covering certain bits of construction with a yellow box to hide 'something' why ? why did they do this at the point between the indoor barrel roll and the lift hill ? why not anywhere else ? They MUST be hiding something secret ( secret element / worlds first ? ) Im not saying the washing machine affect but in my opinion i think something secret is in that section between the indoor inversion and the lift hill ! Why else would AT block the view of this section otherwise ?

EDIT : someone may very well be able to answer this , However im really not sure why they did this and why they blocked JUST THAT piece of track ? Any one else know ? or are you all wondering like me ?
Last edited by jbuckton18 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jbuckton18

The Earl wrote:
jbuckton18 wrote:
The Earl wrote: know one know's the "Worlds First/Secret Element" simply because there isn't one. The "Worlds First" is 14 inversions, which we all know about, yet we seem to continue going round in circles with the subject, which funnily enough is what this washing machine element would of done  :P.
It can be called both! It's never been done anywhere in the world, so this makes it a first of it's kind, in the world.... I.E "World First".

As for "World beating" it beats any other coaster in the world that is currently holding the world record for most number of inversions, also making it "World Beating".

Quite a clever way to market the ride really, so credit to Alton for that  :D
Oh yeh they have marketed really well in this instance ! Very clever word play etc well done to them but it can mean both but it CAN also mean different as well .. who is to know ? ;)
PhNx Survivor

Right, I've been looking at a lot of posts on this forum and the 'Spinning Track' or 'Washing Machine' elements keep popping up... Think about this.

On the game you pass the walls saying 'SYSTEM CHECKS', what comes to mind when you say that, the train stops perhaps, and you're scanned, things interacting with the train?

The ride is 30 seconds longer than it would be if the train just came out dark zone without stopping, so something obviously has to happen! If you remember the picture of the trains, we saw something to the right of the trains (With the green screen behind), they are obviously filming something that includes that thing on the right to come into the advert. Special effects here and there. I believe this 'World's First' is not going to be anything to do with the track or... (do I dare say them)... fins. It will be something inside the dark zone, JW confirmed there is a SE, and when he said "you'll just have to ride it to find out" is a big hint that it won't be seen by anyone, until you ride it.
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
jbuckton18

PhNx Survivor wrote: Right, I've been looking at a lot of posts on this forum and the 'Spinning Track' or 'Washing Machine' elements keep popping up... Think about this.

On the game you pass the walls saying 'SYSTEM CHECKS', what comes to mind when you say that, the train stops perhaps, and you're scanned, things interacting with the train?

The ride is 30 seconds longer than it would be if the train just came out dark zone without stopping, so something obviously has to happen! If you remember the picture of the trains, we saw something to the right of the trains (With the green screen behind), they are obviously filming something that includes that thing on the right to come into the advert. Special effects here and there. I believe this 'World's First' is not going to be anything to do with the track or... (do I dare say them)... fins. It will be something inside the dark zone, JW confirmed there is a SE, and when he said "you'll just have to ride it to find out" is a big hint that it won't be seen by anyone, until you ride it.
I agree ! Something must happen in the space between the indoor inversion and the 1st lift hill ! Im not 100% on what and i dont think ANYONE on this forum is unless Mr.Wardley himself is on here , if he is though HIIIIII!!! You're my hero!! ... ermm anyway ;) yeh something MUST happen in that 30 second slot ! A secret element / worlds first ? EEKK cantn wait to ride and find out !
A

I suggested this a week ago - there's far to much space between the first hill and the station for something interesting not to happen :D
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
marshgate24

Long time reader first time poster.

Hi all, thanks for the updates over the whole construction. With regards to the "world first" and "world beating" argument - i think we all hope for something extra however breaking both those points in its current form.

"worlds first" 14 inversion coaster
"world beating" beats ever other coaster in the world for inversions

The inversions simply cover both points - i dont see how anyone can view it in any other way.

As for the other stuff JW touched upon in numerous interviews - the marmaliser effects and the marmaliser are just another step on from Thirteen - the survey they comissioned and researched about what affects people  (anticipation, ride queueing, track you cant see outside, 3rd party effects outside of the coaster layout itself) etc have been evolved from the ideas they had for thirteen and onto the smiler in basic essence.

AT are going down that route, not giving you jsut a track layout a lift and and end but trying to build a coaster which caters for everything. I am not suprised you saw an indoor section on the smiler - they had one on thirteen for the drop and people like it, they like the unknown - now the smiler has one - all be it with something we all know but the GP doesnt necessarly know that. having something that is unknown when viewing the coaster from the outside really makes the difference for the GP.

I jsut hope that the effects we will see in the tunnel and out on track really add that spark that AT and JW were tryign to achieve about capturing the anticipation and really lifting the experience of a ride than it getting canned because of budget and time constraints. to me this is the most important factor - not how it rides.

everyones rates the biggest or best layout coasters
everyone rates the best experience and theming/anticipation coasters

this is simply both put together.

PS - wish the forum had a spellchecker, my grammar and spelling is awful.
jbuckton18

A wrote: I suggested this a week ago - there's far to much space between the first hill and the station for something interesting not to happen :D
Good shout !!
Forza_Dan24

jbuckton18 wrote:
mikecloud1984 wrote: Long time reader (since Air construction) and very very infrquent poster.

That's what i have been thinking too. They may have installed something without us even knowing ! If you remember from the start of construction , you should remember AT actually covering certain bits of construction with a yellow box to hide 'something' why ? why did they do this at the point between the indoor barrel roll and the lift hill ? why not anywhere else ? They MUST be hiding something secret ( secret element / worlds first ? ) Im not saying the washing machine affect but in my opinion i think something secret is in that section between the indoor inversion and the lift hill ! Why else would AT block the view of this section otherwise ?

EDIT : someone may very well be able to answer this , However im really not sure why they did this and why they blocked JUST THAT piece of track ? Any one else know ? or are you all wondering like me ?
It's my understanding that the box was there just to cover the first inversion as AT wanted to keep the inversion record hush hush at that point :)
Smile. Always. :moj
Big thanks to lewis97 for the signature!
jbuckton18

Forza_Dan24 wrote:
jbuckton18 wrote:

It's my understanding that the box was there just to cover the first inversion as AT wanted to keep the inversion record hush hush at that point :)
No because it wasnt covering that bit. It was covering the section after the indoor inversion and before the lift hill.
kelly.carter.79230

Me and my bf just got back from towers VIP tour o it was awesome meeting the builders and people who has put this together so how much is it going to cost to get some top secret info out of me lol
mikecloud1984

Forza_Dan24 wrote:
jbuckton18 wrote:

But wasnt the yellow box put there before the inversion even went in? the yellow box was also placed further along the track than the inversion is too - but once the box was removed there was just track there - still seems odd as to what was being censored.

I would like to think it will be a trick room/revolving room that will make you seem upside down, then a door opens and you go up the lift hill the right way round. It is very very easy to make the brain think its doings one thing when infact its doing osmehting completely different.

I know this should be in the speculation topic - sorry mods!
jbuckton18

jbuckton18 wrote:
Forza_Dan24 wrote:
jbuckton18 wrote: That's what i have been thinking too. They may have installed something without us even knowing ! If you remember from the start of construction , you should remember AT actually covering certain bits of construction with a yellow box to hide 'something' why ? why did they do this at the point between the indoor barrel roll and the lift hill ? why not anywhere else ? They MUST be hiding something secret ( secret element / worlds first ? ) Im not saying the washing machine affect but in my opinion i think something secret is in that section between the indoor inversion and the lift hill ! Why else would AT block the view of this section otherwise ?

No because it wasnt covering that bit. It was covering the section after the indoor inversion and before the lift hill.
http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/sw7/wp-con ... 0213/1.jpg

As you can see here ^^
jbuckton18

kelly.carter.79230 wrote: Me and my bf just got back from towers VIP tour o it was awesome meeting the builders and people who has put this together so how much is it going to cost to get some top secret info out of me lol
Well you better cough up love ! ;)