The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
jbuckton18

JayJay90 wrote: And there we have it....

Theme park worldwide twitter
Do they look attached ? :/ They look like they just dont line up correctly !
Some say they've seen angels, Ive seen The Smiler - That's enough
Jevaaaans

jbuckton18 wrote:

It's just the quadrail connecting to the trirail track
Kieran141

so sad construction has come to an end but still theyve still got a lot do before testing starts and before it opens cant wait to ride it but bring on SW8
owenjohn

Kieran141 wrote: so sad construction has come to an end but still theyve still got a lot do before testing starts and before it opens cant wait to ride it but bring on SW8

it hasn't the ride isn't finished yet!
aldredd

Jevaaaans wrote:
jbuckton18 wrote:

haha, it doesn't transition elegantly, does it?
jbuckton18

Jevaaaans wrote:
jbuckton18 wrote:

No i understand the bottom bit but the top bit of the track dont look like they join !
Some say they've seen angels, Ive seen The Smiler - That's enough
Rollercoasters4Life

Jevaaaans wrote: It's just the quadrail connecting to the trirail track
I don't know, if you zoom in on the actual wheel rails they don't seem like they align fully...the lift section looks higher rail wise than the next piece. Could be the angle. Although, still looks like there working on it so it will get sorted.
owenjohn

aldredd wrote:
Jevaaaans wrote:
jbuckton18 wrote: Do they look attached ? :/ They look like they just dont line up correctly !

Just zoomed in on the picture the top rails definately are not aligned.
JayJay90

It will be fine. Just like the time before!
Capt.Barnacles

At least it looks like they won't have as many problems as they did with the Inverted drop.
SonicChips

Kieran141 wrote: so sad construction has come to an end but still theyve still got a lot do before testing starts and before it opens cant wait to ride it but bring on SW8
There seems to be a general consensus of a negative demeanour that construction (of the track only) has been completed. There's other bits to be done as we all know but that's beside the point.

The point being that this is not the end of an era, it's just closer to the start of "the era".

Don't misunderstand, I've rather emjoyed seeing a gradual progression of the ride being erected (you may giggle at that if you wish) but my forum / progression based interest will simply divert while we all anticipate the all important ON switch to bring about, as the game puts it; "SMILER ACTIVE".

Whilst I'm chunnering on, a brief question may I raise to you....... (that sounds like Yoda). In what order (or simultaneous) do we think the other bits will be done? There's electrics, themeing, queue stuff, station stuff, fencing stuff, miscellaneous stuff to do......
dazza4783

Don't be sad people, if anything it gets more exciting now. We can look forward to the first test run, and more importantly, we now have a complete coaster which is almost ready to ride, that is when the real fun begins.
Turn those frowns upside down  :D
aldredd

owenjohn wrote:
aldredd wrote:
Jevaaaans wrote: It's just the quadrail connecting to the trirail track

Just zoomed in on the picture the top rails definately are not aligned.
I was thinking more about the fact that you have 4-rail bolted directly to 3-rail without a 4-3 transition
Danny

Credit to TPW for the image, the shop walls are now going into place:

And it looks like preparation work for the path that will be in front of the games stall is under way:

Capt.Barnacles

The Age of Smiles is coming, but it's not here yet. The way I figure it there's the name boards on the HYpnotiser to go, potentially covering the top of the hub because it looks a bit unsightly at the moment.Wiring, painting, it looks like the pipes on top of the building aren't finished. Testing is a separate matter, I'm listing construction bits here. I think the walls in the lift hill trench (Vertical lift) will have some kind of effect and maybe those screens and cameras (The screens remind you of anything?)
youarecorrectsir

I agree, no need to be sad about construction being over! The most exciting part has only just begun... for me the theming and possibility of the secret element(s) turn the site from lots of twisted metal into the work of art it will shortly become. I am SO looking forward to seeing the transformation from building site into the impression of an old asylum which has been present for years! That, my friends, is where the true magic takes place!

I think the coming weeks will be spectacular :) And John Wardley if you happen to be reading this... You are my hero. Well done, sir. Well done.
[align=center]"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives"[/align]
JonoD

youarecorrectsir wrote: I think the coming weeks will be spectacular :) And John Wardley if you happen to be reading this... You are my hero. Well done, sir. Well done.
Don't forget, this ride is mostly Candy Holland's project, NOT John Wardley's. John devised the basic layout for the ride, but the rest of it is Candy Holland's doing.

This is the moment when things are going to become exciting. Seeing the area slowly become the area we'll be able to walk in is going to be great. The moment I see a video of testing though, I'm leaving the Smiler well alone. I need to experience it myself when I visit this October :D
NF2

Quick note to all the people saying its not connected properly - look closely...

Its still on the crane and hasn't been bolted on, so whilst the image gives an idea of what the track will look like when in place, said image is actually showing them lining it up.

Bloody hell some people have no faith in AT/Gerstlauer. Its not like they're experienced at doing this, or anything  ;)
Ryan.

I'm curious to find out whether they're going to put the other 3 theming elements in as per the original plans. Presumably a games stall doesn't class as theming?
Forza_Dan24

I wonder what all the construction workers have been working on today, I doubt all they've done is put the last bit of lift hill in and that's it. I'd love to see behind the walls of the station, there must be lots going on in there!  8)

Oh and whilst were at it, just gonna drop in a big thank you to Candy Holland and John Wardley! :D
Smile. Always. :moj
Big thanks to lewis97 for the signature!