The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Jack

peter150496 wrote: i wish they did a documentary on the construction of The Smiler like they did for Kingda Ka. That would be so awesome! I can't wait for the next SW, it feels like i'm leaving school for the last time again haha. (what am I?)
CF have said that they are going to do a documentary just like The Swarm's and Th13teen's
sixstringhotshot88

It's been a while since i looked at the plans for the smiler.

does anyone know what kind of paving they will be using? Will it be the standard crazy paving that most of the park seams to have?

I'd love to see it painted or themed. kinda like spinball but better.
Sam198

danny.g97 wrote: I know that with eurofighters they don't do a pull through so could testing also be shortened instead of 200 hours or has 200 hours been confirmed by gerstlauer?
That's the industry standard.

It's not a matter of choice, any new coaster must complete two hundred hours of testing before anyone is allowed to step on board.
mattallennet

I'm still looking forward to seeing pictures of theming, queue lines and the station, we don't actually know much about that just yet...
sixstringhotshot88

i think the station is going to be pretty hard to photograph tho. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of trains being placed on track.
Jack

I have given WAY too many thank-yous out today on this topic, lol
Andzdrew

I really want to know where this 200 hour test rumor came from, does anyone have any proof of any rollercoaster recently built that had to do 200 hours? Can anyone find any specific guidelines online about how coasters must be tested? For the minute someone suggested 200 hours and ive seen it repeated ad infinitum but it's never been based on solid fact as far as I've seen...
getothing

The coaster is not very separate from the Staffordshire knot, looking at it from that angle in the photo.
Last edited by getothing on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡
Boz

Please put your feedback in this new topic please peeps :)
Roodlesnouter

Come on guys and gals, we are talking like the thread is dead, FAR FROM IT we still have plenty to report and I plan to bring many more pics your way before now and opening day.

And to get us all in a more upbeat mood here are a few pics from today..........

Around site

Banners down and fencing has gone up around the toilet block.

Scaffolding has gone up around some supports down the staffordshire knot end, no idea why but could it be where they are putting a camera? IDK

Adding more themeing and electrics to the Hypnotizer

Wedges soon to be replaced with concrete

Installing electrics to the lift hill

Fitting the penultimate track piece

Room for one more

So with the penultimate track piece in I sat and waited for the last piece to be installed. The crane moved in and I thought it was the time we had all been waiting for...............But we were to be denied.

Lift hill Stairs

The crane reappeared with some lift hill stairs, talk about gutted LOL.

Final Piece

And here it is, the final piece which will crown the Smiler

Close up

Another angle

Overview

See the final gap in the distance, should be gone tomorrow.

Pananrama

And finally

I had a problem with my camera onsite today so sorry the pics aren't as good as usual.
Last edited by Roodlesnouter on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Phild94

Roodles.... how is the painting coming along on the station :)

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
aress

Thanks so much for the photos, Roodle! Gutted I live up in Glasgow whilst this amazing ride is coming together. Can't wait til my visit in September!
Roodlesnouter

Phild94 wrote: Roodles.... how is the painting coming along on the station :)
Not much change, you can just about make it out in the back ground of one of todays pics, they have started the maintenance shed too. Will grab you some pics in the next update :D
Last edited by Roodlesnouter on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MatthewR1990

Fantastic as always Roodles! Did you see of they have sealed the whole of the indoor area yet?

Just to add my opinion, I don't think the Marmaliser will get any cladding above and below the LED screens. Which I think will be ok to be fair. It looks great as it is.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
temleh

Has that slight gap in the track disappeared on the inverted drop yet? If it has, does the spine match up perfectly now? (I know it doesn't matter too much I'm just curious)  ;)
Follow me on Instagram! @v05mattclay
gaz1313

temleh wrote: Has that slight gap in the track disappeared on the inverted drop yet? If it has, does the spine match up perfectly now? (I know it doesn't matter too much I'm just curious)  ;)
Spine is still off, but looking around, so are a couple of others. There may be a hairline gap, but its much smaller than it was if it is there!
MatthewR1990 wrote: Fantastic as always Roodles! Did you see of they have sealed the whole of the indoor area yet?
Indoor section is sealed off at the entrance/ exit side, but not the bits on the outside station wall facing blivvy. They looked to be roofing the station extension bit with felt during the day, but its still pretty open: how deep in is guess work.
JoeH

temleh wrote: Has that slight gap in the track disappeared on the inverted drop yet? If it has, does the spine match up perfectly now? (I know it doesn't matter too much I'm just curious)  ;)
Curious also
pompeyjags

aress wrote: Thanks so much for the photos, Roodle! Gutted I live up in Glasgow whilst this amazing ride is coming together. Can't wait til my visit in September!
indeed, great photos. its been interesting seeing it all come together. just gotta wait till scarefest to see it in person.

on a side note, almost feel bad for you aress, ive got to travel down from inverness lol
glen191

Is there going to be a rotating section of track as first thought when the ride was announced .
Sam198

glen191 wrote: Is there going to be a rotating section of track as first thought when the ride was announced .
No. :P