The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Joshysqaushy

Sorry if i sound really dumb but has the hypno-tiser leg actually been put onto the marmaliser yet or is still yet to be put on because i can't seem to see it anywhere  :|
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER:
UPDATES: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 8&start=40
Sam198

Joshysqaushy wrote: Sorry if i sound really dumb but has the hypno-tiser leg actually been put onto the marmaliser yet or is still yet to be put on because i can't seem to see it anywhere  :|
Its yet to be put in place.
ManiaMuse

Joshysqaushy wrote: Sorry if i sound really dumb but has the hypno-tiser leg actually been put onto the marmaliser yet or is still yet to be put on because i can't seem to see it anywhere  :|
Some people were speculating here that the footer for the hypnotiser leg will block access for one of the cranes to leave the site. So they will have to wait for the track to be completed before they can put the last leg in.
JAMMYD777

^ Yes that is correct. Once vehicular access to the plaza area of the ride is no longer needed, vehicles like the cherry pickers can be moved off site and the final marmaliser leg footer (The Hypnotiser) can be cast.
SW7:
James-Allgood

NINJAwarrior360 wrote: Name plates are up

hang on when did that building get built! EDIT* the part by the sign
sibic

Portacabin maybe?
Darth_Daver

probably a kiosk for the queue
TheSmiler1998

Darth_Daver wrote: probably a kiosk for the queue
Yay the ever annoying food kiosk that hold the queue up and annoy everyone behind  :D
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
mayer79

Thats the matenaince shed
Dont look down↓
Confuzzled

Tiny maintenance shed then Mayer ;)

ManiaMuse

Darth_Daver wrote: probably a kiosk for the queue
Eurgh, annoying. Especially when a long queue seems to be moving at a reasonable pace only to suddenly stop for several minutes because of someone buying food/drink for a big group, only to suddenly start moving again really quickly (i.e. 13's queueline kiosk).

Personally I think you should lose your place in the queue if you go to the kiosk  I know it doesn't make a difference to how quickly you get on the ride, but it does affect your perception of how long you have been waiting as being stood still for a while and then suddenly moving a large distance is a lot more frustrating than consistently and regularly moving smaller distances.
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

James-Allgood wrote:
NINJAwarrior360 wrote: Name plates are up

hang on when did that building get built! EDIT* the part by the sign
They seem to be in a way kind of ruining the theme of the ride! The MOJ and evil corp that will force social appliance on you as you wait underneath its weapon but ohhh they can't leave us hungry can they! So just to be NICE the MOJ will put and ugly brown littel Kiosk there for us!

It's dosent even match the ride aha and I don't like the plates I'm much prefer the bare scaffolding like structure in my opinion :D and will the station look more futuristic when complete as the x sector in in the future haha and it won't match the shed ;-) saying that the shed just looks like a metal box! They could at least theme it so it does not stick out like a sore thumb, and I wonder why they haven't hidden it behind the station like pretty much all the other rides? i only ask as I have seen some plans to make it look old and abandoned thanks for you advice not to double post too!! :D I found the modify button  ;-)

I'm not usually this pessimistic aha it's late ;-)
Last edited by arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
Chris
Admin
Admin

Has it occured to you that it might not be finished?

Regarding your posting - please take a minute before you hit submit to check your spelling and grammar, as your posts are hard to read.

Thanks
LaurenceColes

Ok first off I'm just going to state that I understand that the legs will NOT be moving....

But has anyone else noticed the fact that the brackets they have designed to hang theming elements under each leg will restrict any possible movement of the hydraulic rams/legs if they were to move...

The photo above of the tickler shows it well.

Its just slightly disappointing to see bad design like this  :(  I know they are not going to move but they could have at least designed it to look right!  :roll:
sully1311

LaurenceColes wrote: Ok first off I'm just going to state that I understand that the legs will NOT be moving....

But has anyone else noticed the fact that the brackets they have designed to hang theming elements under each leg will restrict any possible movement of the hydraulic rams/legs if they were to move...

The photo above of the tickler shows it well.

Its just slightly disappointing to see bad design like this  :(  I know they are not going to move but they could have at least designed it to look right!  :roll:
Don't you think your being petty?
spin_doctor

It's not really petty, It's s a good observation, it does kind of undermine the point of having hydraulics to look like the legs might move if there is another piece of scenery inhibiting it, pretty poor design flaw but admittedly, one that I would never have noticed so I guess it hardly matters. :)
LaurenceColes

Maybe it is being a bit petty.

But tbh in terms of immersion into the theming and experience of the ride, its quite a major design flaw... I'm not saying it ruins the whole thing (Because its not even close!), I just saying its a shame they didn't put a bit more thought into this part of it...

As if any engineer or anyone with good spatial reasoning skills looks at it, it just looks stupid...  :roll:

But at the end of the day I'm not complaining as the whole thing looks freaking awesome!  :D  I'm just pointing out something I noticed and wanted to share, and maybe get other people opinions  :)
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

Baffles wrote: Has it occured to you that it might not be finished?

Regarding your posting - please take a minute before you hit submit to check your spelling and grammar, as your posts are hard to read.

Thanks
Hi, yes and I see your point but even if it does match the theme I still won't like or aha ;D
And my grammar and spelling yes I Know they need serious work but I have Dyslexia (I'm not using it as a lame accuse, it true aha :D ) and it was late in the first place and I can never type on my iPad anyway aha
Please don't think I am having ago the last thing I want is to annoy / upset someone I was just letting all of you know for I future mistakes but I promise I will try my hardest :D
You can read about my pn the intro thing aha I think I may of wrote too much aha but part of it does explain the above, and more in better detail
Thank you for noticing I need to be told I have made mistakes otherwise I won't stop aha

And back on topic
;-)
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
clayj

I have to agree Laurance, in that, although this goes no way towards ruining the Marmaliser/themeing/ride, it does niggle me as the frame for the brush & motor is an obvious constraint to the technical design & clearly inhibits the movement of the machine should it be able to move... Just to point out, I KNOW IT WON'T MOVE, but it ruins the illusion that it does - Same goes if they don't cover the screws for it's feet
Last edited by clayj on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
Th13TEENGUY

Anyway back on topic is anyone at the towers today to get some pics  :D.
LCFC til i die