The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
aldredd

danwhit709 wrote: I'm so confused.. the supports are on the wrong side aren't they? what I'm seeing here (and probably only me) is an inverted hill where the car goes under the track and twists back upright at the top... Or not.
I think the track goes up the left side (see the square brackets?), and over the top (again, see the square brackets - these are for track)
The 3 support brackets underneath the curve will likely all join up to give strength
Last edited by aldredd on Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SonicChips

danwhit709 wrote: I'm so confused.. the supports are on the wrong side aren't they? what I'm seeing here (and probably only me) is an inverted hill where the car goes under the track and twists back upright at the top... Or not.
I once had a strange thought (well, many strange thoughts but one specifically relating to this); "what if we have an over vertical lift (or part of lift)". I have not expressed this on any forum due to absolute fear of ridicule and being branded an absolute cretin, but thanks to the above, someone else will be (if applicable).

To the people who know more than me (everyone): can we have an over vertical / inverted hill on a bit of this?

........ While I've been typing, there have been other replies, so........... How much is KNOWN? Many peeps are saying we've not seen this type of structure before on this type of coaster, so can we not apply a little imagination, or is that just fickle? #ficklechips  :D
JammyBand

I'm pretty sure it is not. I think it will look like this:
To me, this looks right. However, this:
spin_doctor wrote: I'm pretty sure the curved section is a track for the maintainance lift to allow it to go up and over as apposed to just up.
also seems very plausible!

I made this very quick. Please correct me (#getcorrected :moj) if this is wrong!
Aidan Lowe

Nothing new but a different view of the top of the vertical lift. Definitely a chain guide. Credit to TS Facebook for the photo.

Source: TowerStreet

Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Danny

Can everyone state the source of the photos you put in this topic please. We don't mind if you share images from other sites or Facebook pages, but please give them credit at some point in your post. Thanks.
Roodlesnouter

That lift hill is really starting to look the business cant wait to see it for myself tomorrow. Hopefully work will continue on it whilst Im there, although on the 3 Sundays I have been on park only theming work seems to have taken place. Maybe due to the noise order, guess we will find out tomorrow.
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alex.D

I'm glad Alton chose Gerluaster, they are the only coaster company that know how to make a nice vertical lift! I do hope this coaster won't get gerst-ache though. I it does it will be a real neck snapper. :(
(this is my first post in AGEEEESSSSS!)
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
Aidan Lowe

This was moved to the construction site today as well.

Source: @sayhellotorich

Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youarecorrectsir

Adam wrote: Some more photos from today:  :)

To all those who said the Marmaliser was going to be rubbish because it was small and the theming was poor... say it now, I dare you ;)

I for one think this is awesome. Great colour balance and stuff going on everywhere - and its not even completed!
[align=center]"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives"[/align]
ollboll9

youarecorrectsir wrote:
Adam wrote: Some more photos from today:  :)

To all those who said the Marmaliser was going to be rubbish because it was small and the theming was poor... say it now, I dare you ;)

I for one think this is awesome. Great colour balance and stuff going on everywhere - and its not even completed!
To quote your name you are correct sir :D :D

I think if they put to much they'll over do it and it will look cheap and tacky and something wich belongs in Blackpool Pleasure Beach. At the moment it looks beast though :twisted:
Poop. Always
vinyljunkie

and to think its only going to get better when the hypno leg goes on!!!
RollercoasterGEEK100

This rides gunna beat all the rollercoasters at AT tbh.

Credit to NemesisRider
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

Adam wrote:
Hi all my first post on this topic :D I have introduced myself but can't wait to get writhing haha have many other idea which are too late to write now aha :D

As they said glass with be a large part of the shop
I think this wall were you can see an big gap, in the dig out bit.
Will be made out of glass. Why else would they leave it blank?
But It will be cool seeing the ride fly past haha and maybe the exit door will go here?

Or is it the queue either way I still think it may be glass :D
RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote: This rides gunna beat all the rollercoasters at AT tbh.
Yeah, and I still going by it beating all the rides in the world ahah
Last edited by arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

As you can see I'm new I only meant to quote the picture sorry :(
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
Sam198

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote: As you can see I'm new I only meant to quote the picture sorry :(
I fixed that for you. ;)

But can I ask (and this goes for everybody) that you try and refrain from double posting in the future. The ability to edit your post for a certain length of time after submitting does exist, so be sure to make use of it. :)
TheSmiler1998

Sam198 wrote:
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote: As you can see I'm new I only meant to quote the picture sorry :(
I fixed that for you. ;)

But can I ask (and this goes for everybody) that you try and refrain from double posting in the future. The ability to edit your post for a certain length of time after submitting does exist, so be sure to make use of it. :)
Triple post actually  :D (sorry if that comes across aggressive as I'm annoyed that Xbox live is down yet we bay £40 a year for it  :twisted: )
I agree with you are you ready to smile though, it really will take the fight to the American coasters, usually we are jealous of the, but take a look at what alton have achieved on an allotment sized plot (obviously not literately)

EDIT: it was when I started typing
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
JustTotallyEpic

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote: This rides gunna beat all the rollercoasters at AT tbh.

Totally agree With that.  :D
Aidan Lowe

stretchy on TowersStreet posted some nice photos from today, and some closeups.
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roodlesnouter

Mabalzich wrote: stretchy on TowerStreet posted some nice photos from today, and some closeups.

http://www.towersstreet.com/talk/planni ... /#msg64659

Motor's on, and also there is wires on the satellites now.

Motors been on since last week at least, I posted a pic off it  :)
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vinyljunkie

i hope they put the black stripe on the tickler like in the game