The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
JAMMYD777

That'll be for the dive loop then. Hope to see the dive loop track completed by tomorrow.
SW7:
willt2405

I FOUND SOME PLANS FOR WHAT COULD BE THE SECRET WEAPON
[/img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/r ... ions/B.jpg[/img]
jb19852

^they are well old......someones vision of Boz's washing machine effect from what i remember.

THERE IS NO WASHING MACHINE!
Ar128

NINJAwarrior360 wrote:
jb19852 wrote: ^they are well old......someones vision of Boz's washing machine effect from what i remember.

How the hell do you know that, alton towers have realised no information about the secret element, the washing machine effect makes more sense than the splitting trains idea!
I agree, nothing says there is or isn't one.
Smile!!
Danscott22

Anyone have any pictures from today? Not seeing any pictures at all, which is unusual:/
ohirome

NINJAwarrior360 wrote:
jb19852 wrote: ^they are well old......someones vision of Boz's washing machine effect from what i remember.

How the hell do you know that, alton towers have realised no information about the secret element, the washing machine effect makes more sense than the splitting trains idea!
I do believe the washing machine element was made up by a user on here as a possible theory for what COULD be the secret element.
Danscott22

Ar128 wrote:
NINJAwarrior360 wrote:

I agree, nothing says there is or isn't one.
I think the secret element will have something to do with the trains;)
Last edited by Danscott22 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ar128

Danscott22 wrote: Anyone have any pictures from today? Not seeing any pictures at all, which is unusual:/
I don't think much is really going on today, they're probably just putting in footers and doing the station.
Smile!!
Danscott22

NINJAwarrior360 wrote:
Danscott22 wrote:
Ar128 wrote: I agree, nothing says there is or isn't one.
[/quote

I think the secret element will have something to do with the trains;)
yes i am just saying people shouldn't shoot down other peoples ideas!
Yes, but come on, the splitting trains were never gonna happen, I sit here thinking 'now why the heck would they have splitting trains'.
Last edited by Danscott22 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danscott22

NINJAwarrior360 wrote:
Danscott22 wrote:
NINJAwarrior360 wrote: Yes, but come on, the splitting trains were never gonna happen, i sit here thinking 'now why the heck would they have splitting trains...
Exactly, at least the washing machine element makes sense!
It makes sense, but in John Wardley's interview, he said theres one last secret that no one will know till The Smiler opens, which makes me think it's not this, because then it's not a secret...
Ar128

Danscott22 wrote:
NINJAwarrior360 wrote:
Danscott22 wrote:
Exactly, at least the washing machine element makes sense!
It makes sense, but in John Wardley's interview, he said theres one last secret that no one will know till The Smiler opens, which makes me think it's not this, because then it's not a secret...
The towers haven't officially released this, they've released no evidence but the SE may be an extension of this, anyway we're getting off topic.
Smile!!
118hazaman

NINJAwarrior360 wrote: Does anyone think alton towers will go into this much detail?

In my opinion, when they have added the queue fences, it will look like this. Except the Marmaliser looks better in real life than it does here!
118hazaman

NINJAwarrior360 wrote:
118hazaman wrote:
NINJAwarrior360 wrote: Does anyone think alton towers will go into this much detail? [Image here]
In my opinion, when they have added the queue fences, it will look like this. Except the Marmaliser looks better in real life than it does here!
I just hope the smiler lives up to expectation!
Look at the track layout! They have spent a while on this whole project. I am sure it will be amazing.
Benjsh

Track layout isn't the most important thing for me. It needs to ride smooth otherwise it could be incredibly uncomfortable with the amount of inverions. I'm sure they'll get it right though.

I haven't ridden SAW but I'm led to believe that it can be quite shaky and uncomfortable. Hopefully they will have learned from that.
118hazaman

Benjsh wrote: Track layout isn't the most important thing for me. It needs to ride smooth otherwise it could be incredibly uncomfortable with the amount of inverions. I'm sure they'll get it right though.

I haven't ridden SAW but I'm led to believe that it can be quite shaky and uncomfortable. Hopefully they will have learned from that.
I suppose smoothness is a big part of a good coaster. It's sure some things have been fixed with the track layout, and all we can hope is that the transitions between each inversion is smooth.
Danscott22

I have a feeling that The Smiler won't be rough, in fact I've a feeling it will never be rough
p.s Supports for the dive loop have gone in today,
Boz

With regards to smoothness, I've posted something here, that should explain it 8)
118hazaman

Boz wrote: With regards to smoothness, I've posted something here, that should explain it 8)
Thanks for that Boz!
Benjsh

Nice research there Boz!

Just to add to my above point about smoothness too. I was lucky enough to go to Dollywood a few years back when I worked in the states and Mystery Mine was epic. Wasn't rough at all for me. Really nice coaster.

I think The Smiler could be even better. The ride quality has to be top notch though but I'm sure they won't get it wrong.
getothing

The Dive loop is being constructed
From towersstreet
Last edited by getothing on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡