The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
youarecorrectsir

I agree, why complain about something that isn't finished? We didn't complain about the shape and size of the holes when the site was just groundwork! We didn't complain about the girders for the station before the walls had been put in. It's the same - how do we know the theming is no where near done? Perhaps the finishing touches will take it to a whole new level.

Hold your horses people :) Chill and enjoy the show! Smile!
[align=center]"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives"[/align]
rollerlad

Seen Afew posts online to suggest that a major themeing element will be the appearance of several beanpole type spikes !!
Altontowersbarlow

rollerlad wrote: Seen Afew posts online to suggest that a major themeing element will be the appearance of several beanpole type spikes !!
I will be very annoyed if this is true I get annoyed when theme parks copy each other I usally defend alton towers against thorpe but eurofighter spikes blades really its saw all over again I pray to god im wrong and this ride is better :D
Instant Mix

To everyone who keeps on thinking that the marmaliser is being dwarfed by The Smiler -

Remember we've still to see a massive pole with various dishes and lights and antennas to be attached to the top of it - it most certainly WON'T be dwarfed.
rhino18

Fishfingerish wrote: Can I just ask how many of the haters have seen this ride in person?

IT IS FREAKIN MASSIVE AND BEAUTIFUL!

It definitely does not look overcrowded, it is just perfect
There is a big difference between people having queries, like myself and hating.
altontowersbarlow wrote:
rollerlad wrote: Seen Afew posts online to suggest that a major themeing element will be the appearance of several beanpole type spikes !!
I will be very annoyed if this is true I get annoyed when theme parks copy each other I usally defend alton towers against thorpe but eurofighter spikes blades really its saw all over again I pray to god im wrong and this ride is better :D
You made a topic about this and got rid of it. How in the world can Alton and Thorpe copy each other when they are owned by the same people? As I said, in your topic, copying is when someone steals somebody elses ideas. Merlin are the same person. They figure out ideas for both Alton and Thorpe, so tell me, how is that copying?

And how is having vertical spikes, as a theming element, 'Saw all over again'. You say this, yet you fail to point out the manufacturers are the same and the trains are very similar. Anyway, this is quite alot different to Saw. Just have a look at the layouts.
ry1996

Have they finished laying concrete in the bottom of where the vertical lift will go yet? I cant really tell from the picture.
Mono09

ry1996 wrote: Have they finished laying concrete in the bottom of where the vertical lift will go yet? I cant really tell from the picture.
Still just mud from what I could see earlier this morning.
dylan.tempelaars

sorry to seem like a idiot but whats beanpole spikes? thanks :)5
some people call me insane, you are right!
Osaka12

been on park today and the Marmaliser now has 3 complete legs and the track is almost up (apart from the lift hills) lots of stuff was being lifted into place.

Also a huge amount of security about today, I know why but I guess that is for another thread.. Really annoying and kinda ruined the day. (lol quick edit, I am not moaning about the security, just the reason they had to be there, if you get my point.)

EDIT: Also saw a chopper in the air today, Ariel update later?
Last edited by Osaka12 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirsty25

Osaka12 wrote: been on park today and the Marmaliser now has 3 complete legs and the track is almost up (apart from the lift hills) lots of stuff was being lifted into place.

Also a huge amount of security about today, I know why but I guess that is for another thread.. Really annoying and kinda ruined the day.
I could see from a pic I've seen that there was at least 2 legs up now... They just gotta get that hill lift in - and sharpish!!
Mono09

Osaka12 wrote: been on park today and the Marmaliser now has 3 complete legs and the track is almost up (apart from the lift hills) lots of stuff was being lifted into place.

Also a huge amount of security about today, I know why but I guess that is for another thread.. Really annoying and kinda ruined the day.

EDIT: Also saw a chopper in the air today, Ariel update later?
Chopper was police,but I did see a light aircraft circle a few times....so a possible ariel
D-Man

Do you think they will still have the close call concrete theming just before the Cobra-Roll and the Batwing and after the airtime hills? The ride seems to sit lower at that end than it originally looked on the plans with the concrete ditch so do you think they will still have these implemented in the ride?
Alba gu brath! Scotland Forever!
Ar128

I have noticed there dont seem to be any construction pics on here today
Smile!!
Hitch

I dont want to point any names out, but does anyone know why someone has just tweeted they have confirmed 19 inversions ?
Edit: I dont get why this certain individual is always confirming things that "they" can't confirm / dont know anything about.
Last edited by Hitch on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dustymacdexter

towers2go but it was a joke
JayJay90

James97 wrote: I dont want to point any names out, but does anyone know why someone has just tweeted they have confirmed 19 inversions ?
Edit: I dont get why this certain individual is always confirming things that "they" can't confirm / dont know anything about.
Don't need to ask who it is even without opening twitter, I guess it's just to get likes, followers and people discussing. Writing and claiming false information with no backing and no evidence will get people nowhere
James-Allgood

Just been reading through what everyones been putting about the spider its not done yet and wont be properly started on until all the track is done there not going to want to start work on it until its done so it wont get damaged and all dusty..

As with the track and supports it all looks really dirty does anyone think there clean it up soon i know its alot to ask and might just be me being picky but its really dirty in some places...
Hitch

Well he's lost a follow from me, I find it pretty annoying, There's tonnes of much more reliable sources out there that wouldn't dream of posting fake information.
Joshysqaushy

James97 wrote: Well he's lost a follow from me, I find it pretty annoying, There's tonnes of much more reliable sources out there that wouldn't dream of posting fake information.
it was a joke?????
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER:
UPDATES: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 8&start=40
Hitch

Joshysqaushy wrote:
James97 wrote: Well he's lost a follow from me, I find it pretty annoying, There's tonnes of much more reliable sources out there that wouldn't dream of posting fake information.
it was a joke?????
That accounts always trying to put forward fake information, thats the reason, back to construction.