The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
User avatar
EC!
New Member
New Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:06 pm
Location: Cardiff

Image
User avatar
lewis97
Admin
Admin
Posts: 4303
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:41 am
Location: Hertfordshire

There's another bit of track being lifted in that photo, so quite a bit has gone up today!
User avatar
Phild94
Member
Member
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:10 pm
Location: Newcastle under Lyme

EC! wrote: Image
Would love to see this from the air, if you know what i mean XD dont suppose we could have an aerial update tomorrow :D XD no but looks fantastic anyway
Image

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
User avatar
Javs
Member
Member
Posts: 716
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:56 am
Location: Southern UK

I've said it before, but this coaster is absolutely bonkers.  I mean look it the thing!!!  And there is still about a third more track to go in!  Back to the good old days for AT on this one I think.  Keep the pics coming guys, a great job being done and we are all very much enjoying your efforts.
User avatar
Joshysqaushy
Member
Member
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:38 pm
Location: Blackpool

If you think about it they are almost finished with the track  :) the sea serpent roll is basically done so all they have to do now is put the rest of the dive loops in, the inverted drops, the last curve, airtime hills and the lift hill's then they can get on with the electrics, station, and theming  :D
Last edited by Joshysqaushy on Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER:
UPDATES: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 8&start=40
User avatar
Phild94
Member
Member
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:10 pm
Location: Newcastle under Lyme

Joshysqaushy wrote: If you think about it they are almost finished with the track  :) the sea serpent roll is basically done so all they have to do now is put the rest of the dive loops in, the inverted drops, the last curve, airtime hills and the vertical lift hill then they can get on with the electrics, station, and theming  :D
In response to the recent goings on i have done my own little image of what has been completed... i know its only crude from paint but you really can see how much has happened so quickly....


Image

Everything green is finished
Image

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
User avatar
lewis97
Admin
Admin
Posts: 4303
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:41 am
Location: Hertfordshire

You missed a bit ;) - the entrance into the batwing from the hill is partly constructed.

But anyway, that diagram shows way over half the track is now up!
User avatar
DannyNewbro
Member
Member
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:52 pm
Location: Anglesey, North Wales

To me it looks like their leaving space to put in the Marmaliser then the last piece of track to be put in will very likely be the lift hills and connecting the rest of the track to the inverted drops. It's almost finished! It'll be interesting to see how completed The Marmaliser is at the AT Studios...
Image
User avatar
Phild94
Member
Member
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:10 pm
Location: Newcastle under Lyme

DannyNewbro wrote: To me it looks like their leaving space to put in the Marmaliser then the last piece of track to be put in will very likely be the lift hills and connecting the rest of the track to the inverted drops. It's almost finished! It'll be interesting to see how completed The Marmaliser is at the AT Studios...
Not only that but I'm sure they'll want a way to drive that crane out haha
Image

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
User avatar
ukparknews
New Member
New Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:48 pm
Location: Staffordshire
Contact:

Good call, though I'm sure that's factored into the project/build plan.
UK Park News - Your Dedicated Theme Park Resource

www.ukparknews.co.uk
User avatar
JayJay90
Member
Member
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:21 pm
Location: Stafford/Wolverhampton

EC! wrote: Image
wow!! so literally since yesterday theyve not nearly finished the sea serpent! this things moving so fast now!

Im back there tuesday next week so i hope by then to see some lifts :D

thanks for the pic update :)
User avatar
Henry
Member
Member
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:23 pm

Wow... I didn't realise how much they had done! I am going soon, so I am excited to see how big it really is compared to the rest of X-Sector/Oblivion, All they really have to do is the rest of the sea serpent roll the other dive loop (I think) the bunny hops and then the lift hills. I can't wait!
Image
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
Image
User avatar
ukparknews
New Member
New Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:48 pm
Location: Staffordshire
Contact:

I'm looking forward to seeing some lift hills.  8)
UK Park News - Your Dedicated Theme Park Resource

www.ukparknews.co.uk
User avatar
PhNx Survivor
Member
Member
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:03 am
Location: Derby

I'm putting my money on one of the lifts being the world first element, or something on the lifts... either that or the cars... seriously cannot wait now!!! Reckon it'll all be done by end of Easter holiday :) (track of course xD)
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
User avatar
JonoD
New Member
New Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:55 am
Location: Bristol

With the news that even more snow may be on the way this weekend, how could this affect construction? I know the snow wreaked havoc last time because it would have prevented critical groundworks, but seeing a lot of the coaster footings are in place will the snow be as big of an issue this time?
User avatar
Evostance
Member
Member
Posts: 528
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:27 pm

JonoD wrote: With the news that even more snow may be on the way this weekend, how could this affect construction? I know the snow wreaked havoc last time because it would have prevented critical groundworks, but seeing a lot of the coaster footings are in place will the snow be as big of an issue this time?
I don't think there will be that much snow.  If it's a fair bit it'll cause disruptions regardless
User avatar
ry1996
Member
Member
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: South Yorkshire

I think that part of track closest to the picture is not part of the sea serpent roll which has its dive loop further along into the area dug out, that part of track closest thats up is actually for the other dive loop.
Image
User avatar
RCT3Bross
New Member
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:56 pm
Location: Netherlands

ry1996 wrote: I think that part of track closest to the picture is not part of the sea serpent roll which has its dive loop further along into the area dug out, that part of track closest thats up is actually for the other dive loop.
Are you serious? That's obliviously the Sea Serpent roll. Knowing it lays in the elevated trench and knowing form the aerial updates that lays directly in a line with the Cobra roll entrance, not even talking about the half corkscrew radius going directly at it.
Can't wait for a full circuit of the ride. I suspect them to finish of the Sea Serpent going over to the first drop (from the point just prior to going under the sea serpent) into the Dive loop continuing to the other Dive loop make the first airtime hill and after that the second. Then they work on the hill on the first drop form inversion to sea serpent, going on the the vertical lift then the last turn into the brakes and finally the first lift. prediction not fiction. ;)
User avatar
ollboll9
Member
Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:00 pm

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/sw7/wp-con ... C_0016.JPG
Look at them supports infront of the crain there insane :shock: :shock: :shock: There like mine on rct3
Poop. Always
User avatar
The Terminator
Member
Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:35 pm
Location: Skynet

Henry wrote: Wow... I didn't realise how much they had done! I am going soon, so I am excited to see how big it really is compared to the rest of X-Sector/Oblivion, All they really have to do is the rest of the sea serpent roll the other dive loop (I think) the bunny hops and then the lift hills. I can't wait!
All they have to do? How about all the connections for the electrics and hydraulics plus the station to finish off and the all the queue lines etc plus at least two weeks of testing!

My prediction is that it will open mid June, even spring bank week at the end of May looks unachievable by the current situation.
I WILL be back
Locked