The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
PhNx Survivor

clayj wrote: Top section...

I think from lift hill to 1st drop after lift hill is self explanitory regarding the inversion... But when you look after the drop from the second lift hill (vertical) and follow the plates on the supports from 1, 2, 3, then, oh look, 4 is past horizontal... Another diving drop ?
More than likely ;)
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Rollercoasters4Life

clayj wrote: Top section...

I think from lift hill to 1st drop after lift hill is self explanitory regarding the inversion... But when you look after the drop from the second lift hill (vertical) and follow the plates on the supports from 1, 2, 3, then, oh look, 4 is past horizontal... Another diving drop ?
Both drops are inverted - shows it on The Smiler game video, released earlier today.
PhNx Survivor wrote: Well... high resolution photo 6 shows clearly that framework for maintenance building is now in construction :D

*bottom right*
They have framework there, whether it is for the maintenance shed is unknown (as they are still finishing the station building framework in places). Hopefully they will start to construct the maintenance area within the next week or so depend what - if anything special is going in after the first inversion...
Last edited by Rollercoasters4Life on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
RCT3Bross

It really gets me how many people have noticed that the drop after the vertical lift is a inverted drop in the same shocked way. I mean that fact is like a 100 times mentioned as a inverted drop. But not only that part, there are many other parts which crack my head open because they mention something told like a 1000 times as: Some shocking discovery they made. It just gives me the feeling they never read any post then replies on theirs. Sometimes it just really no trouble at all to find out that it was discovered. :roll:
Just needed this from my heart. ;)
tigzie1 wrote: Image

Anyone know what this is for? It's been there since it snowed ont he original High rez images and is still there on the new ones.

I've been seeing this a long time too and my guess it's for the brakes but can't be installed yet since the station building isn't far enough yet. ;)
Boz

RCT3Bross wrote:
tigzie1 wrote: Image

Anyone know what this is for? It's been there since it snowed ont he original High rez images and is still there on the new ones.

I've been seeing this a long time too and my guess it's for the brakes but can't be installed yet since the station building isn't far enough yet. ;)
I've seen a close up this piece of track in the TT staff forums, both in it's current position, and when it was being stored in the car park. It actually has plates over the ends of the track, and very minimal electronics, which make me believe it will be the maintenance/storage track.
chrisbacktothe80s

My first post, so as always prob wrong but looking at the hi-res pics it appears people are right, and the spider will move as well as having some sort of effect as can be seen by the 3/4 hydrolic lines in front of the cement pump  as well as the blue gas/water pipe leading from the pressure vessel towards the same place as the hydrolic lines ?
Last edited by chrisbacktothe80s on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
simononestop

worryingly still quite a bit of water in bottom,the first drop from station, the straight under the first lift hill and the plazza?

Also where do you get on the train and off? you can see the floor being costructed (pict 5) next to the station before the first drop.  it just seems to be in a corner you normall enter one side exit the other?? not sure?

like this ???
Last edited by simononestop on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evil Lewis

simononestop wrote: worryingly still quite a bit of water in bottom,the first drop from station, the straight under the first lift hill and the plazza?

Also where do you get on the train and off? you can see the floor being costructed (pict 5) next to the station before the first drop.  it just seems to be in a corner you normall enter one side exit the other?? not sure?

like this ???
I would assume the train will stop further back along the platform for riders to be unloaded. The empty trains will then move along to the loading area.

This is just my best guess not gospel.
Evil
Phild94

chrisbacktothe80s wrote: My first post, so as always prob wrong but looking at the hi-res pics it appears people are right, and the spider will move as well as having some sort of effect as can be seen by the 3/4 hydrolic lines in front of the cement pump  as well as the blue gas/water pipe leading from the pressure vessel towards the same place as the hydrolic lines ?
No offence to you personally but I need to say I really wish people would stop saying its gonna move and realise it IS static.... It specifies this in the planning permission
Last edited by Phild94 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
RCT3Bross

simononestop wrote: worryingly still quite a bit of water in bottom,the first drop from station, the straight under the first lift hill and the plazza?

like this ???
If you look at the game sneak peak it looks to be the oposite of this. As the camera goes upstairs it turns to the right and then shows the tunnel in which we drop towards the first inversion to be on the left hand side when you enter the trains. ;)
AndreJD

RCT3Bross wrote:

like this ???
If you look at the game sneak peak it looks to be the oposite of this. As the camera goes upstairs it turns to the right and then shows the tunnel in which we drop towards the first inversion to be on the left hand side when you enter the trains. ;)
Makes more sense too as there doesn't look to be enough space on that diagram for air gates and space for boarding. Has to be the other side of the track.
RobJackson85

Evostance wrote:
clayj wrote:
peter150496 wrote:   I'm pretty sure it's a waste silo. it look like ground waste pipe running from then running toward the station.
Wrong shape for toilet waste.... A toilet block of that size would go to a mains... its too far away from thew toilet and who intheir right mind would put a waste silo in the middle of a ride ??

It looks more to me like a compressed air tank commonly used in coasters - Which again, would make sense as its next to the 2nd lifthill..
A quick Google suggests its either a 'soil' pipe or some form of gas like, hydrogen, oxygen etc
Sorry to drag up an old discussion (this thread is moving so fast now!) but, it's nothing more than waste water storage. Brown pipe like that is soil pipe. Basically a means to transport 'soiled' water. It's nothing more than a drain for rain water.
http://www.torn.com/1562191 - Torn City, free online txt based RPG. Sign up through this link, get to level 10 and earn 5 million in-game $'s
simononestop

AndreJD wrote:
RCT3Bross wrote:

like this ???
Makes more sense too as there doesn't look to be enough space on that diagram for air gates and space for boarding. Has to be the other side of the track.
yeah would make sense but then the exit wouldnt go over the rumored glass floor/shop area??

unless you load unload the same side like saw i guess you get off eariler. and never go over to the far side?? thats for the control room ect?
RCT3Bross

simononestop wrote:
AndreJD wrote:
RCT3Bross wrote: If you look at the game sneak peak it looks to be the oposite of this. As the camera goes upstairs it turns to the right and then shows the tunnel in which we drop towards the first inversion to be on the left hand side when you enter the trains. ;)
yeah would make sense but then the exit wouldnt go over the rumored glass floor/shop area??

unless you load unload the same side like saw i guess you get off eariler. and never go over to the far side?? thats for the control room ect?
It's possible if exit need to turn to the right go of stair turn around down a other stair, turn left into the shop. ;)
For the entrance the stair goes all the way down over the shop. into a queue section above the SE and under the maintenance all the way to where the queueline goes inside around the lift hills. ;)
aircanman

As people are saying the lift hills are inverted, could the 'washing machine' element be right in front of the lift hills?  There could even be two of them, so just before you reach the chain, the train stops in the element, and it starts to spin, and when the car stops upside down, it makes riders think (marmalises) that the coaster has done something wrong, as it continues to lift them inverted. 
RCT3Bross

aircanman wrote: As people are saying the lift hills are inverted, could the 'washing machine' element be right in front of the lift hills?  There could even be two of them, so just before you reach the chain, the train stops in the element, and it starts to spin, and when the car stops upside down, it makes riders think (marmalises) that the coaster has done something wrong, as it continues to lift them inverted.
Who told you the lifts are inverted? That isn't even healthy. The hills are both normal one on a 45 degree angle and the other on a 90 degree angle. :roll: They both make a small drop in the top and than both make a inversion that ends in the drop. :roll:
aircanman

RCT3Bross wrote:
aircanman wrote: As people are saying the lift hills are inverted, could the 'washing machine' element be right in front of the lift hills?  There could even be two of them, so just before you reach the chain, the train stops in the element, and it starts to spin, and when the car stops upside down, it makes riders think (marmalises) that the coaster has done something wrong, as it continues to lift them inverted.
Who told you the lifts are inverted? That isn't even healthy. The hills are both normal one on a 45 degree angle and the other on a 90 degree angle. :roll: They both make a small drop in the top and than both make a inversion that ends in the drop. :roll:
It looks like you posted this in the last page ....

" It really gets me how many people have noticed that the drop after the vertical lift is a inverted drop in the same shocked way. I mean that fact is like a 100 times mentioned as a inverted drop. But not only that part, there are many other parts which crack my head open because they mention something told like a 1000 times as: Some shocking discovery they made. It just gives me the feeling they never read any post then replies on theirs. Sometimes it just really no trouble at all to find out that it was discovered. "
RCT3Bross

aircanman wrote:
RCT3Bross wrote:

" It really gets me how many people have noticed that the drop after the vertical lift is a inverted drop in the same shocked way. I mean that fact is like a 100 times mentioned as a inverted drop. But not only that part, there are many other parts which crack my head open because they mention something told like a 1000 times as: Some shocking discovery they made. It just gives me the feeling they never read any post then replies on theirs. Sometimes it just really no trouble at all to find out that it was discovered. "
Yeah I mention the inverted drop.  But I really see nothing about a inverted hill in that post. Or you try to make an other point which I can't see. :| (Cause I didn't say: Look I looks like both drops get inverted drops that's new. :roll:)
peter150496

Phild94 wrote:
chrisbacktothe80s wrote: My first post, so as always prob wrong but looking at the hi-res pics it appears people are right, and the spider will move as well as having some sort of effect as can be seen by the 3/4 hydrolic lines in front of the cement pump  as well as the blue gas/water pipe leading from the pressure vessel towards the same place as the hydrolic lines ?
No offence to you personally but I need to say I really wish people would stop saying its gonna move and realise it IS static.... It specifies this in the planning permission
I agree. Just because the parts of the spider are / look like hydraulics doesn't mean it is / has got to move. It will look awesome never the less!
aircanman

RCT3Bross wrote:
aircanman wrote:
RCT3Bross wrote: Who told you the lifts are inverted? That isn't even healthy. The hills are both normal one on a 45 degree angle and the other on a 90 degree angle. :roll: They both make a small drop in the top and than both make a inversion that ends in the drop. :roll:

Yeah I mention the inverted drop.  But I really see nothing about a inverted hill in that post. Or you try to make an other point which I can't see. :| (Cause I didn't say: Look I looks like both drops get inverted drops that's new. :roll:)
Ah sorry, it's been a long day, it could be possible though that the trains went up the wrong way due to the rotating element, how about that square bit of track, could that be a rotating lift track?
mikecloud1984

Long time reader (seriously long time) but first time poster.

I think its becoming more obvious now that if there is to be a SE it will appear after the flat bit of track in the first lift hill trench.

Can someone get a screen shot of the game trailer where the train passes that bit of the ride? It swear it shows something under the maintenance shed!