The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
scw55

So the TT team simply drowned in mud. Yay.
N3m3s1s

scw55 wrote: So the TT team simply drowned in mud. Yay.
Yay?!
ry1996

Do we know if track is here yet?.. rumours say its going to be stored in the area behind Dual..can we see there?
If we cant, then how do we know if its not already here?.
Kenzie2012

It's not arrived as far as anyone is aware..... There's only really one place in towers where things can be hidden so well that you can't get to them and that behind CCL unless I'm mistaken?!?!

It's definitely not behind Duel just yet as you can see into that yard really easily and I don't think it will be stored in any car parks at this time of year.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
lozzyhickers

Kenzie2012 wrote: It's not arrived as far as anyone is aware..... There's only really one place in towers where things can be hidden so well that you can't get to them and that behind CCL unless I'm mistaken?!?!

It's definitely not behind Duel just yet as you can see into that yard really easily and I don't think it will be stored in any car parks at this time of year.
how is the best way to see it? I know they often hide things down there but i've been going to the towers for 19 years, but never noticed it myself. Quite interested to take a peek.
Kenzie2012

if you walk from the monorail back to the car park via the coach park you come out eventually behind Duel's yard.... I think its about 10 mins walk before you hit it.

or on the way back out of the car park you can actuall pull up near the yard and have a look. Once you leave the car park and come back down the hil, its just on the left as your queing at the traffic lights.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Kenzie2012

Apparently Alton have released a statement today saying the trains will have a 16 seat capacity in the form of 4x4.
Boz

Got a link?
Kenzie2012

http://press.altontowers.com/news-alton ... 2013-11705

Whilst many of the details are still a closely guarded secret, here are a few exclusive facts about the ride, codenamed Secret Weapon 7!

Highest drop – 30m

Maximum speed – approx 85km/hr which is 10km/hr faster than Air

Track length – 1,170m. This is 3x the length of Oblivion

Ride time – 165 seconds which is 3x the ride time of Rita

Passengers per ride train – 16 (4x rows of 4)

Minimum rider height – 1.4m

Location – X Sector, on the site of the old Black Hole ride

Investment for the Resort - £18m

Opening date – 16th March 2013
Rob
Admin
Admin

So 4 cars on track at a time gives the total of 64.
Kenzie2012

But the question now is will the cars be made up of 2 cars of 8 or 4 individual rows of 4????
Alex

Just seen this

http://www.rideentertainment.com/gerstlauer-blasts-into-the-future
Next year we are busy doing more classics like hybrid coaster trains and Bobsled Coasters, but also some more firsts, such as our newly-designed 8-passenger launch vehicles.”
Could it be 2 of these together?
Last edited by Alex on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Moon

I would stab at 4 individual rows, the transitions seem too tight to be otherwise. Could be wrong though.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
Kenzie2012

Thats what i thought... i just ccan't see a solid 4x4 car being able to cope with the vertival drop or the lifts.
Themeparksandy1981

Kenzie2012 wrote: if you walk from the monorail back to the car park via the coach park you come out eventually behind Duel's yard.... I think its about 10 mins walk before you hit it.

or on the way back out of the car park you can actuall pull up near the yard and have a look. Once you leave the car park and come back down the hil, its just on the left as your queing at the traffic lights.
Or even easier look over the fence next to the toilets by duel. There big rocks on the ground to stand on.
Delta79

If the track layout is correct on the plans given to the planning department, then i would lean toward 4 individual rows. as fixed 4x4 layout car, would be too much IMHO.
Instant Mix

Has anybody taken any more pictures?
Kenzie2012

Not since the preview weekend... thers a few more bouncing round other sites.
stretchy

Photos from today. Too tired for any silly commentaries, just pics.

From the toilets

From rehidrator
[url=http://"http://www.stretchedmindz.com"]Image[/url]

[url=http://"http://www.secretsantaelf.co.uk"]Image[/url]
Kenzie2012

Concrete!!!

That hasn't washed away.... And all those people at TS that were determined it had been washed away!!

Oh and Rob.