The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Krazycoaster

Delta79 wrote: where is the concrete they poured the other day. It should be going across the mid to upper right of that photo ?
It got washed away by the rain because it hadn't set properly! Let's hope they check the weather forecast before they pour it again  :anger:
Kenzie2012

Krazycoaster wrote:
Delta79 wrote: where is the concrete they poured the other day. It should be going across the mid to upper right of that photo ?
It got washed away by the rain because it hadn't set properly! Let's hope they check the weather forecast before they pour it again  :anger:
Where has this come from??? TS??

The concrete can not have been washed away.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Krazycoaster

Kenzie2012 wrote:
Krazycoaster wrote:
Where has this come from??? TS??

The concrete can not have been washed away.
If you look at the latest picture, you can see there is no concrete. So obviously it has been washed away...
Kenzie2012

It's still there, it's just under a layer of muddy water/sludgy waste.

Even people on site today have said its still there.

The idea that much concrete could have been washed away is rubbish....
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Kenzie2012

I'll expand my side before anyone else asks for it...

The pour was in a hole, a massive hole, if its rained and "washed" the concrete away, where it gone?
How's it got out of the hole? Does anyone know if its been pumped out? There's certainly no drains for it is there?

No! Because its still there....
Krazycoaster

Kenzie2012 wrote: I'll expand my side before anyone else asks for it...

The pour was in a hole, a massive hole, if its rained and "washed" the concrete away, where it gone?
How's it got out of the hole? Does anyone know if its been pumped out? There's certainly no drains for it is there?

No! Because its still there....
I understand exactly what you are saying; how silly to think it had been washed away  ](*,)
Kenzie2012

Krazycoaster wrote: Image
Concrete!!
In this picture then, I don't know the name but is that not concrete coming out of the top of all the rebar piles??
ry1996

^ Yeah the concretes still there, its just under that layer of sludge from the rain..theres no where for the concrete to even go for it to wash away. Yes you can see it under the rebar.
Krazycoaster

Kenzie2012 wrote:
Krazycoaster wrote: Image
Concrete!!
In this picture then, I don't know the name but is that not concrete coming out of the top of all the rebar piles??
Yes; they look like footers to me.
Kenzie2012

Right then, footers they are... Footers a made of concrete, concrete that was poured in the rain also???.....

But the footers are still there?!?!
Krazycoaster

Kenzie2012 wrote: Right then, footers they are... Footers a made of concrete, concrete that was poured in the rain also???.....

But the footers are still there?!?!
First, we'll all now agree that the concrete was not washed away, just covered by wet mud from rain. The footers are surrounded by a holder which goes around the outside of the rebar, this keeps the footers' shape. Once the footers are dry they'll remove the holder and you'll have the finished footer!! Because they are in holders, the rain cannot wash them away.
Kenzie2012

After I typed that I had that moment where I realised they needed a casing of some sort to keep shape.

Rumour of the concrete has come from TS I think.... I've got photos of site to day being sent to me so ill post when they come through.
Apparently you can see the concrete under the muck a lot easier today.
ry1996

The actual footers haven't been poured yet, you can still see the rebar.
Krazycoaster

ry1996 wrote: The actual footers haven't been poured yet, you can still see the rebar.
Yes, i've just noticed this as well. The white boxes that can be seen go in the center of the rebar to support the footer's shape.
Ripsaw Raver

poviding they are footers and are to the indoor section, it looks like the track will careen straight into that mud wall unless there is some kind of airtime hill or small zero-g-roll, not like the standard Inlinetwists Gerst seem to do.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
DeanGaryCox

went there yesterday... the hole they've dug and the whole ride site in general is alot bigger than what the pictures make it out to be!
Image 2014
PeteB

-- BREAKING NEWS --

Some of the TowersTimes team were at the park today for Scarefest and have unfortunately not returned..

It seems due to the heavy rain, they have also been washed away, hence why I am the only one online.

RIP TeamTT who went to watery grave. Sad times.  :(

The information above is total rubbish lol, team TT are fine!
Ripsaw Raver

you tit lol
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
stretchy

You really should keep better tabs on your team Pete. Last time you lost them they were found working the street.
[url=http://"http://www.stretchedmindz.com"]Image[/url]

[url=http://"http://www.secretsantaelf.co.uk"]Image[/url]
Kenzie2012

Just to point out again.... The concrete was NOT washed away.