The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Instant Mix

Gotta love ReBar. But i'm really damn happy some form of construction is taking place. Now the waiting begins :)
Kenzie2012

ry1996 wrote: Why have they still got to get rid of those poles from Black Hole?..why are they not gone?.
I've mentioned already that I fully Expect them to stay!!!

At this point of the prep work on site, they should be long gone. The shear fact that they haven't gone anywhere tells me they are staying and will form part of the overall themeing for the coaster.... A very nice tie in from old and new, Black Holes very own Shrine almost :-)
Last edited by Kenzie2012 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
CoasterCrazyChris

Theming?

You mean a breeze block maintenance shed and three steel poles.

:P
The Moon

It's the new age shipping containers!
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
Paul Morgster

Kenzie2012 wrote:
ry1996 wrote: Why have they still got to get rid of those poles from Black Hole?..why are they not gone?.
I've mentioned already that I fully Expect them to stay!!!

At this point of the prep work on site, they should be long gone. The shear fact that they haven't gone anywhere tells me they are staying and will form part of the overall themeing for the coaster.... A very nice tie in from old and new, Black Holes very own Shrine almost :-)
lol
Delta79

CoasterCrazyChris wrote: Theming?

You mean a breeze block maintenance shed and three steel poles.

:P
I think that the old power inlet point for the black hole, they could be using it to power the site until the switch over to the new substation
stretchy

Some snaps from today
Hole is a tad deeper

View up at the supports taken from the lower gate

Zoom out of that shot

View up to the top areal

Closeup of the hole linings

The above pictures were taken from the gate and this area here, which has now been fenced off due to a kid getting his foot stuck between the fence and one of the boulders (so I am informed)

Taken from the coke station you can see the area at the back of the site that has been cleared for the cabling to the sub station and the new cables across it.

Water is running down the side of the hole from the sub station area. Obviously they weren't content with the previous method of filling the hole with water

Overview from the top with the metalwork you have all seen

mounds of pebbles have been delivered as well as the metal work
[url=http://"http://www.stretchedmindz.com"]Image[/url]

[url=http://"http://www.secretsantaelf.co.uk"]Image[/url]
DaveFreeze

Hi Guys,

Not been on for a little while as havnt been to the park for a year due to working away. I went last week and was a little shocked at the decline of certain areas.  When is sw7 set to open? It did not look like much progress was happening. Any news?

Dav
swfcjambo

Looks like they've got a couple of weeks worth of piledriving to do before they can start construction....
cookiee_munster

i do hope this wont be a total rush job, trying to get the ride all finished by march (air's opening springs to mind)
Marcus

(this is my first post btw) Thats what I fear, the construction being rushed and not properly done. When will they start building the station and the actual ride?
Jammydodger

Eurofighters are so quick to put up, I wouldn't be surprised if they were waiting til the closed season, not to ruin the surprise.
DaveFreeze

what other rides do they do?
Nightfall

DaveFreeze wrote: what other rides do they do?
Do you mean Gerstlauer? Take a look:
Their Website
RCDB List of Coasters

But to simplify it they are best known for:
Euro-Fighters,
Launched Euro-Fighter type rides
and Bobsled coasters (Like a Wild Mouse but better)

But I think what's more interesting is that they've been manufacturing other company's rides for decades but it's only recently they started making their own.

Always keep a list of manufacturers to hand. You'll never know when you need them  :P
[align=center]Image[/align]
daboywunda

Did any-one else look at the PDF on the website that shows a few "examples" of layouts to notice one not too dis-similar to SW7, although not identical... (Launched Eurofighter 1000) - As well as the Saw: The Ride layout as Eurofighter 680 (Does this mean that S:TR was an off-the-shelf coaster?)
JoeGibbon

The launched eurofighter 1000 is actually the layout of Takabisha in Japan, but there are similarities that have been noticed quite a lot here before. Although the Saw:The Ride one is interesting, as I think that it wasn't an off the shelf model when it was built, but is now being offered as one. I believe that this is the same with Takabisha and the 320 model which I think is Rage at adventure island :P
The Moon

In short, every layout built is offered as an EXAMPLE, a park COULD buy Saw, but is used as an example by Gerstlaur to show range in the product, and the number is simply the catalogue number. The 320+, however is a stock model and is the cheap and cheerful Rage, Untamed, etc layout.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
daboywunda

I thought I recognised it as the Takabisha layout, but wasn't sure... Are we likely to get something similar for SW7 do we think? Would they put another coaster that holds you at the pinnacle before dropping you, when there's the worlds first next to it?
The Moon

I assume SW7 will be put on the site after completion.

Toke up...
PeteB

From the TowersTimes Facebook page today:

Thanks to our team member Rob who is currently on park.  :)