The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Rob
Admin
Admin

I expect the arch will go during the removal of the concrete flooring.
Javs

adsyrah wrote:

Pffft, try following Oblivion on forums back in the day.

I'M A VETERAN  8)
YES! Blivvy was my first construction project too! I followed it from the computers at uni as i did not have internet then! Although indont think that had anything to do with Towers Times, but meh.
Boz

I'm wondering what the random square fenced off area in the middle is in aid of :?
.Will

Javs wrote:
adsyrah wrote:

Pffft, try following Oblivion on forums back in the day.

I'M A VETERAN  8)
YES! Blivvy was my first construction project too! I followed it from the computers at uni as i did not have internet then! Although indont think that had anything to do with Towers Times, but meh.
Golden oldies, this is only my second. :P

Anyway good photos nemesismad thanks for sharing.
Javs

Yes thanks Nemesismad they are good pics.  At least we should be able to get some good piccies of this project as it is in a pretty accessible area.  Unlike The Swarm, which was a flipping nightmare to get photo's of!  I expect we will start seeing footers going in around end of July for SW7.
Ritadz

Adam James wrote: *Rubs hands with glee*

Surely the next major thing to happen would be the Black Hole 'arch' being demolished?  :)
According to the plans there's a viewing platform located where the BH's entrance is, so maybe we could see it staying there as the entrance to said platform.

:)
Boz

Ritadz wrote:

Surely the next major thing to happen would be the Black Hole 'arch' being demolished?  :)
According to the plans there's a viewing platform located where the BH's entrance is, so maybe we could see it staying there as the entrance to said platform.

sorry to correct you ritadz but the viewing platform is actually approx 15m further up the hill from the old black hole entrance 8)
Ritadz

Boz wrote:
Ritadz wrote:

sorry to correct you ritadz but the viewing platform is actually approx 15m further up the hill from the old black hole entrance 8)
The arch could still easily be used though.
Boz

indeed i believe it could well be, in fact i'm hoping for it. i have speculated in my sketchup model that it would be used as the "themed arch" over the path to the new area, as it's floor dimensions match those on the plan.
Themeparksandy1981

It will make sense to use the entrance arch as it still suits X sector. Also there kept the building where they had tv's in.
spark

That arch is the same or very similar to the Oblivion one so I would think it would be reused in some capacity
Poison Tom 96

Boz wrote: I'm wondering what the random square fenced off area in the middle is in aid of :?
Hmmm that is strange....

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
MatthewR1990

Poison Tom 96 wrote:
Boz wrote: I'm wondering what the random square fenced off area in the middle is in aid of :?
Hmmm that is strange....

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
Could be many things. Unsafe flooring. A big hole of some sort, could even power cabling etc.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
nemesismad

Been at the resort again today guys, got a few photos for you lot and i can confirm that ground works are well and truly under way  :D

Enjoy everyone  :D
Balb0wa

Diggers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)
-Prometheus-

The coaster enthusiast tradition; getting excited by a pile of dirt and a digger, continues to live within us all!  :rolls:
CoasterCrazyChris

So what is that boxy looking covered bit left over from the tent? It is the old indoor queue?
nemesismad

Glad everyone likes the photo's from yesterday, i was pretty suprised at the amount of digging that has took place since my last visit only a few days earlier. The view from the top of oblivion reveals alot, lots of groud has been dug up and the ground works/preperation appear too be in full swing. Only 3 month till we see some Gerstlauer track dotted around car parks  :D
pluk

CoasterCrazyChris wrote: So what is that boxy looking covered bit left over from the tent? It is the old indoor queue?
Not sure what you are referring to?

EDIT - Do you mean the corrugated roof sticking out of the hoarding in the second last pic? That's the old fast track ticket machine shack. Why is it still there?
Last edited by pluk on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Total Unique Ridecount
mrbrightside

I think it was a designated smoking area until the building work started.
ImageImage