The Smiler - Speculation

Smile always. New for 2013.
SIMR

Ooh what a nice surprise. Despite the DNA reminding me of Biology A-Level, I like it! :) Testing facility anyone?
adsyrah

A hint of a theme!

DNA = double helix. This could be a play on the duelling nature of the ride. And the DNA strand looks a bit like coaster track!
Khalichanan

Looks great, but the first thing I thought when I saw it, especially the '2013' logo' was this

http://prntscr.com/7zw38

Compare with the URL

http://prntscr.com/7zw3r

Please don't be an IP :( I'm probably just panicking but...
Boz

adsyrah wrote: A hint of a theme!

DNA = double helix. This could be a play on the duelling nature of the ride. And the DNA strand looks a bit like coaster track!
damn it you beat me to it  :P i was just about to throw the idea out there, of this being what the track would actually look like

just a thought
RyanY

Thanks for that picture Benzin, hope you don't mind that I edited it for my new signature. :D

I must say with that Helix it looks like we could have a back story.
mrbrightside

kamfira wrote: Looks great, but the first thing I thought when I saw it, especially the '2013' logo' was this

Compare with the URL

I don't see it myself, I certainly wouldn't have ever made the link - so I really doubt it would be anything Halo-related.

I'm loving the idea of the DNA meaning the double helix which then relates to duelling cars... That works *so* well!
ImageImage
Longy

kamfira wrote: Looks great, but the first thing I thought when I saw it, especially the '2013' logo' was this

Compare with the URL

I think you're playing too many video games...
It wont have an IP as it takes away the Secret Weaponess of it, and Secret Weapons are meant to be different, and thus, they have different themes!

Besides, they don't look alike. :P
SwEDEN

Guys, i've just read this somewhere but could SW7's world first element be that it has 16 inversions? 
CoasterCrazyChris

SwEDEN wrote: Guys, i've just read this somewhere but could SW7's world first element be that it has 16 inversions?
...and where exactly did you read this?
Boz

SwEDEN wrote: Guys, i've just read this somewhere but could SW7's world first element be that it has 16 inversions?
highly unlikely being that there are only eight that we know of (shown in the plans) and i doubt they will be able to fit eight inside the station building  8)
mrbrightside

I hope BigAl won't mind me borrowing his signature here but:

He was pretty damn close with his design!
ImageImage
SwEDEN

on one of the comments, from one of the groups on facebook that posted the link
Khalichanan

I just guess I saw the 0 with the dot in the middle, and I assumed :P

I don't play that many, honest  :oops:
Longy

That was close!
I think Al won the competition to be on the design board...

They wont fit 8 inversions inside, unless it's a small inversion repeated, or the world's first being the new inversion, which I've said before.

How does the DNA mean double helix by the way? I get the dueling part, but not this. :?
Coaster_Dude

Well this is exciting, although at the moment I'm struggling to think of a suitable story link between the double helix design and the giant metal spider thing we know will be the centrepeice.
Khalichanan

Coaster_Dude wrote: Well this is exciting, although at the moment I'm struggling to think of a suitable story link between the double helix design and the giant metal spider thing we know will be the centrepeice.

I'm thinking maybe genetic mutations?
Coaster_Dude

Longy wrote: How does the DNA mean double helix by the way? I get the dueling part, but not this. :?
The shape of DNA, the shape you can see on the 2013 mini-site, is called a double helix, that's the connection.
SwEDEN

I think the person who posted it thought that since it would be 8 inversions per train and that there would be more than one train doing the circuit at the time that there would almost be two separate tracks each doing 8 inversions, adding up to 16 in total, but they were wrong :p
Longy

Here we go then:

Test subjects are wanted to trial a new development by the government, who also have another testing facility on the same premises, Oblivion.
DNA is taken from the test subjects, the riders, whilst inside the ride building, where a video is played explaining what is happening.
The DNA is then put into a machine, the spider, which doesn't respond to the DNA, and instead goes out of control, and the government don't know what to do.
They take the test subjects and send them out to fight the spider in another government development, similar to planes (hence the launches), where you duel with the spider, in a war between man and machine.

Any thoughts on this?
.Will

mrbrightside wrote: I hope BigAl won't mind me borrowing his signature here but:

He was pretty damn close with his design!
That's freaky!  :shock: