The Smiler - Speculation

Smile always. New for 2013.
-Prometheus-

Nightfall wrote: I've just checked. The file has not been changed but I see why several people think it has. The first page reads that the new ride will be "Similar" to Saw. However if you scroll down to further in the document it does still say "the same type and manufacturer".
You're right it's deffo the same noise report as before.  The council would have to upload any new noise report with a note in the title (typically planning authorities use 'revised' or 'amended' - Staffordshire seem to use 'REV' at the moment). They also have to leave the old report available to view aswell, (the planning case officer has to prove a clear timeline of documents as they are recieved).

Basically if a new noise report was there, you'd see two files; 'Noise report' and 'REV Noise report'.  :)

NastyPasty

I don't see why everyone is doubting the Gertslauer anyway. The ride has a good throughput and is pleasing to the public. The spider feature looks amazing and I would not swap it for a more expensive ride type.
Keep on whistlin', folks.

Tom G

Nightfall wrote:
Tom G wrote: The thread on CoasterForce reports that the planning documents have been changed. The noise report now states that it's similar to Saw. The statement about it being the same manufacturer and model have been removed.

I haven't seen the document lately myself, perhaps someone could check it out? Could be quite significant.
I've just checked. The file has not been changed but I see why several people think it has. The first page reads that the new ride will be "Similar" to Saw. However if you scroll down to further in the document it does still say "the same type and manufacturer".
Cool, thanks for that.
Vanessa Feltz

With the announcement that it may not be Gerstlauer, I can only hope for Mack, with the insane possibility for throughputs and the chance to potentially work on it, I can dream :P
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
Tom G

Well with the above re-examination, nothing has changed, so it seems certain to be a Gerstlauer unless they have made a mistake/lie in the noise report.
Vanessa Feltz

While there is doubt, I will hope.
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
thatboyfromthewoods

This is my first post as a new member of towerstimes forums. I have followed these forums for a number of years and have always took an interest into the inside world of a theme park. I visit quite frequently and indeed the most exciting part is upon us with the building of a new secret weapon. I just want to give a quick input of my thoughts towards sw7.

Firstly the layout is splendid and a very adventurous design whilst some people are trying to find flaws and moan about either the theme or the rollercoaster make. I can see this secret weapon being a major success. One thing Alton lacks in is inversions and a good decent length coaster which this is and also the anticipation on this ride is huge as alton hasnt seen a MAJOR thrill ride since rita 2005, thats 7 years of waiting!

Now the obvious main part is the worlds first will it truly be a worlds first? or just a gimmick. Alton have got everybody wildly guessing which is brilliant but i think it will simply be the worlds first mobius dueling rollercoaster. Its so simple and unique but there are alot of clues into other ideas and i do also highly believe we could see the worlds first vertically launched rollercoaster. The evidence is within the old dark forest plans! there but there has got to be an advancement on the eurofighter cars for the capacity to beat the 1000 rph.

However i do believe sw7 will be a great rollercoaster and will certainly meet the criteria to be a success Bring on 2013!
Vanessa Feltz

Welcome to the Forums!

I completely agree with you mate!
The ride looks superb and is set to be a fantastic addition to the resort, really aiming itself at thrill seekers.

Glad to have some positivity!
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
AstroDan

The general reaction to this ride is very positive.

The ONLY concern I have with the entire project is that it may be jolty, but overall I am very much looking forward to it!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
Vanessa Feltz

Sorry Dan,

I didn't mean this topic in particular, I just meant overall.
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
JaykeAT

i think that if it is mack then the trains will deffinetly be lap bars
Blaze

It's a Gerstlauer. It's the same document that changed a while ago that made it clearer than the original that it would be a Gerstlauer.

And it will probably have lap bars.
Vanessa Feltz

I can't see this having Lap Bars whatsoever, the general rules is that Inversions = OTSR's.

The general public seem to deem them as being unsafe on "Upsidey downy roller ma jiggys"
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
RyanY

Dare devil dive has gerstlaurer lap bars and that does just fine. I'm hoping for lap bars as they just let you feel more free.
Blaze

Gerstlauer have starting doing lap bars on Eurofighters and even retrofit them. Plus Mack do it.

If a ride is going to challenge perceptions that lap bars are unsafe, it should be this one.
Vanessa Feltz

It's true, Lapbars are great for the airtime factor, but even I feel a little unsecure when doing 'Da Loops'

It'll be great if it fights the trend and opt's for them, I'm just curious as to wether they will, Can't see it myself.
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
Bear

Blaze wrote: It's a Gerstlauer. It's the same document that changed a while ago that made it clearer than the original that it would be a Gerstlauer.
I know but wouldn't a Mack be pure awesomesauce?
Bote

Well I think we can safely say this isn't going to have any more hang time than G-Force, and if the public are willing to keep riding that with lapbars I have no reason to say SW7 definatly won't :P

Recently a lot more manufactures have been reverting back to lapbars on inverting coasters. Maurer seemed to kickstart the trend with the X-Car, and MACK have followed suit with Blue Fire. Gerst seem to be getting themselves a slice of the action too with Dare Devil Dive.

It can only be a good thing, and will make this an incredibly intense and thrilling ride if it happens :)
AstroDan

We need a Blue Fire style heartline roll!

Nightfall

AstwoDan wrote: We need a Blue Fire style heartline roll!

I thought The Swarm's finale inversion was approaching Blue Fire standards in the outer seats. But yes it would be great if this had one to. There's nothing like a Blue Fire roll with a lap bar.
[align=center]Image[/align]