The Smiler - Speculation

Smile always. New for 2013.
dementedde

A lot of people don't know this, but Bottletop went by a script that a novel writer Graham Edwards wrote for it. For this to work again, him and Bottletop need to collaborate together once more. Visuals are one thing, but the script must be immersive and innovative enough to capture the setting - http://grahamedwardsonline.wordpress.co ... sub-terra/
Zach

Looks like alton towers has thought it out and/or doing some work on oblivion because oblivion nd all rides in xsector aren't available this feb half term :(
scott.smith

ATfanatic wrote: Looks like alton towers has thought it out and/or doing some work on oblivion because oblivion nd all rides in xsector aren't available this feb half term :(
My first thoughts where that Alton towers don't want the General Public snooping around Secret Weapon 7, however you could be right!!!
----reece----

I hope they Do some good work on the x-sector...  Are they going to open Rita/thirteen instead ?
DeanGaryCox

well looking at it, none of the Dark Forest is open either... so rita and thirteen, possibly because it's easy to close that area off, and they don't want all the rides open as it's short opening days in february half term?
Image 2014
Evostance

spin_doctor wrote:
Evostance wrote: Damn, no 3D Studio Max on OSX :(
What renderer did you use for the shader, haven't seen that one before
Im on iMac, just use bootcamp  :D

And It was rendered with vRay.
Ack - Vray running bootcamp through Parallels.  Might give that one a miss
spin_doctor

Not through Parallels lol. Actually repartition the hard drive to contain a windows partition then restart in windows via bootcamp, performance wise it is indistinguishable from any other windows computer. And I have high spec iMac so those renders took about 20 seconds each, and about 5 for the ambient occlusion renders. This is off topic btw, sorry about that.
Sam198

Hi, I've been a lurker on here for a while, just finally decided to sign up. :)

Someone on here (or one of the other forums) pointed out the other day that so far we only have one bit of "solid" evidence (the noise report) regarding the manufacturer of the ride, so I thought you lot might want to know that someone over on CoasterForce filmed this at the EAS recently:

I just thought I'd post it on here as nobody else seems to have done that yet.
Last edited by Sam198 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ripsaw Raver

And the Maurer speculation finaly comes to an end. Great find there mate. Definatley sounds like Gerst and Alton have got something very secret indeed.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
dominoes

Bollocks, I was really hoping it would be Maurer. Oh well...
Jammydodger

So to those who have been on The Sanctuary, did anyone notice the uncanny resemblance to the way the smiley face logo flashes up on the screen with random words appearing, and then how this compares Oblivion's station video?

I definitely think the two rides will be paired together in some way, even if not thematically, then definitely spiritually.
sebshep18

could it be something like this ? just found it off the other link looks quite smart

Kenzie2012

Track is ON SITE!!!
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
----reece----

Pics? I does matter seen them haha
gaz1313

Jammydodger wrote: So to those who have been on The Sanctuary, did anyone notice the uncanny resemblance to the way the smiley face logo flashes up on the screen with random words appearing, and then how this compares Oblivion's station video?

I definitely think the two rides will be paired together in some way, even if not thematically, then definitely spiritually.
I agree. It's quite similar to the oblivion video, things flashing up, a strange and eerie theme and the repetition of the logo. They're definitely linked-bring back the 90s! :D
NickReid

I don't understand, how this rides theme is going to fit in?! Oblivion is futuristic and this will be set in the 1920's?

Someone answer me that?!
simononestop

sebshep18 wrote: could it be something like this ? just found it off the other link looks quite smart

that would be great!
watching that video I found this one

do you think SW7 will be anything as good as this!
such a shame there is no vertical drop tho  :cry:
watching this video makes me get excited!! about sw7 and these trains are only 2 row so smaller?
Kenzie2012

Mate that find is epic!!!!!

the similarities are scary....

I've found after looking at different plans and models by Boz and others, the more i look at this, the more i think WOW!!!

This coaster is going to still out like crazy in X-Sector. The whole area is ver very minimal really, nothing looks to over complicated..... And then theres SW7. and massive tangle of track and supports. When it's done right, fingers crossed, we're in for a treat.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Sam198

The coaster in the second video is called takabisha and is gerstlauer's biggest to date; here's a POV for your enjoyment...

looks awesome in my opinion :D
Last edited by Sam198 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----reece----

I don't think it will have lapbars because of 4 in a row and the trains are just as small as the usual euro-fighter if you look at the track... Badtimes