The Smiler - Speculation

Smile always. New for 2013.
bealyboy

gabbygrace wrote: not sure if right place to post this but just spotted that "look down" is written on the floor in the game and now its been used in the latest Youtube video will all of X-Sector be linked to The Smiler?

(sorry if this has been discussed before)
I think it probably is as "submission" is mentioned as well
SMILE.ALWAYS
AndreJD

Adrenalinejunkie2013 wrote: Not sure if this is a fake or not, but there's a Facebook person under the name miles cedar, which says 21.5.13 welcome to my facility....
Definitely a fake.
tworandom

@altontowers

Lots of questions about #TheSmiler opening date, we'll hopefully be letting you know at some point this week! Nearly time to #GetCorrected

Release date may be soon!
sw7nutter

tworandom wrote: @altontowers

Lots of questions about #TheSmiler opening date, we'll hopefully be letting you know at some point this week! Nearly time to #GetCorrected

Hopefully. that doesn't sound good
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.
dazza4783

sw7nutter wrote:
tworandom wrote: @altontowers

Hopefully. that doesn't sound good
I guess it depends on the results of the first test runs. If it is successful then they will know when they can open it.
Capt.Barnacles

bealyboy wrote:
gabbygrace wrote: not sure if right place to post this but just spotted that "look down" is written on the floor in the game and now its been used in the latest Youtube video will all of X-Sector be linked to The Smiler?

Any mention of Enterprise? Maybe 'we need to employ you in our latest business enterprise' or something like that.
dazza4783

Buschgardensfan wrote:
bealyboy wrote:

Any mention of Enterprise? Maybe 'we need to employ you in our latest business enterprise' or something like that.
Enterprise?

arsenalfan-1

I heard the story was that the whole of X sector has supposedly been owned by the MOJ the whole time but its only now that they've revealed themselves. :moj
Thanks Lewis97
george2v

When Submission is mentioned, you can see Enterprise in the background! :)
kingda dude

I am just going top put this out there:
I don't think that Miles Cedars is going to be the main character in the storyline for the smiler. I would say that the main perpetrator of the smiler would be portrayed as an official, and long standing, member of the MoJ. He/she could be introduced as someone coming to check on Doctor Kelman and Miles Cedars in a later video.

The reason for this is that Miles Cedar is only test subject 1 and would hold no official power in the MoJ. However he would be the test subject that officials at the MoJ would, have most interest in and, base their future projects on. So in the 4th video I predict that we could see the arrival of a MoJ official who will partially explain their plans for the smiler.
"The Marmalisation Process has been scientifically designed to ensure a sense of euphoria and satisfaction should be had by all... There are no, known, Long Term side effects to the Marmalisation process, however short term side effects may include: dizziness, vomiting, loss of balance, loss of limb control, feinting, wild hallucinations but most importantly Smiles!"
LCFCjames

I think the current X-Sector rides (oblivion, enterprise and submission) will have a role to play in the storyline of The Smiler. Judging by the videos I think the previous rides are all part of a secret marmalisation process and The Smiler is the final piece to turn the patients into advocates.
mattallennet

LCFCjames wrote: I think the current X-Sector rides (oblivion, enterprise and submission) will have a role to play in the storyline of The Smiler. Judging by the videos I think the previous rides are all part of a secret marmalisation process and The Smiler is the final piece to turn the patients into advocates.
That seems to be the implication in Video 2, although many people have also mentioned that recently. Not sure about retconning the X-Sector backstory - but it makes sense to keep the story and theming consistent across all 4 rides. Lets face it, whatever they do will be a bit better than the clash in the Dark Forest!
LCFCjames

mattallennet wrote:
LCFCjames wrote: I think the current X-Sector rides (oblivion, enterprise and submission) will have a role to play in the storyline of The Smiler. Judging by the videos I think the previous rides are all part of a secret marmalisation process and The Smiler is the final piece to turn the patients into advocates.
That seems to be the implication in Video 2, although many people have also mentioned that recently. Not sure about retconning the X-Sector backstory - but it makes sense to keep the story and theming consistent across all 4 rides. Lets face it, whatever they do will be a bit better than the clash in the Dark Forest!
I think all the rides will fit in well with the area once The Smiler is opened. The colour scheme and the sinister feel of each ride all relate to each other and it should end up been one of the most well themed areas, unlike the Dark Forest as you said!  :lol:
gabbygrace

the fact it seems to all be falling into place is so, so exciting!
I really hope they do the retheme (for lack of a better word) in the whole sector and make it clear to the general public that is what they have done.
:D  :D :D :D
LCFCjames

Does anyone think we'll see the yellow graffiti in the concrete pit, as seen in the game?I think it'd be a great addition as it will make the the coaster look more controlling and menacing  8)
Kenzie2012

I have said since day one of the Game release that we will see it..... Photo's have appeared today to confirm the paint is going down. Check the construction topic.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
mattallennet

I'd like to see the walls painted too. Properly - not a half baked job.
ryanlovesaltontowers

kingda dude wrote: I would say that the main perpetrator of the smiler would be portrayed as an official, and long standing, member of the MoJ. He/she could be introduced as someone coming to check on Doctor Kelman and Miles Cedars in a later video.
Cue the return of Renny Krupinski!
Seriously thinking he would be great to have for the Smiler videos, the personality he portrays is incredibly dark but humorous, also this would help to like X-Sector together a bit more.
undeadarmy

ryanlovesaltontowers wrote:
kingda dude wrote: I would say that the main perpetrator of the smiler would be portrayed as an official, and long standing, member of the MoJ. He/she could be introduced as someone coming to check on Doctor Kelman and Miles Cedars in a later video.
Cue the return of Renny Krupinski!
Seriously thinking he would be great to have for the Smiler videos, the personality he portrays is incredibly dark but humorous, also this would help to like X-Sector together a bit more.
Would love to see him return. Like you said he is sinister and suprisingly funny at the same time.
DeadJack5

I still support the possibility of the Washing effect.

I recently remember the first construction pictures and I remember that there was on the pictures of the early pieces of track a box covering part of the ride which is the place for the possible washing effect.

Now if there wasn't going to be a washing effect than why cover up that bit?

Sorry if somebody has brought this same idea up before, I have the memory of a goldfish.

:lol: