The Smiler - Speculation

Smile always. New for 2013.
Andzdrew

*waves back*  ;)

No one has seen an on ride photo point yet, it's unlikely to be integrated into the flasher  because in theory the flasher will be using a different type of bulb (and different light output) to what the camera will be setup to use. It may be in the indoor barrel roll area though.

As for the shop with the glass floor, you've pretty much hit the nail on the head with location and placement of said glass floor, we've seen floor glass delivered but no confirmation if the glass floor from the plans will still be going ahead, but the delivery of floor glass makes it seem more likely.
Evostance

James97 wrote:
Evostance wrote:
James97 wrote: Yes it will allow the trains to move back, for evacuation purposes. The train is not going to freefall down the hill.
How do you seem to know so much? As I'm pretty sure that at least 99.5% of us on this forum haven't actually got a clue in reality
I dont know, thats my opinion, A freefall is impossible with these fins as they are fixed.
They're not fixed I don't believe.  Theres a photo somewhere with a close up of the back of the lift hill showing the hydraulic pumps to move the fins
MattAE

andzdrew wrote: *waves back*  ;)

No one has seen an on ride photo point yet, it's unlikely to be integrated into the flasher because in theory the flasher will be using a different type of bulb (and different light output) to what the camera will be setup to use. It may be in the indoor barrel roll area though.

As for the shop with the glass floor, you've pretty much hit the nail on the head with location and placement of said glass floor, we've seen floor glass delivered but no confirmation if the glass floor from the plans will still be going ahead, but the delivery of floor glass makes it seem more likely.
Ahh... that's very interesting if true, particularly the prospect of the camera being indoors with the barrel roll. World's first upside down on-ride photo?

*crosses fingers for glass floor over barrel roll*
Andzdrew

The hydraulics you mention are the pneumatic pistons for the pinch brakes at the bottom, below the fins themselves
Danny

Could the photo be on the brake run where the supposed per show or marmalising chamber is meant to be?
Andzdrew

There are 4 quick flashes in the indoor section (on the game) could be a coinsidence that there's also 4 rows per train, but I'm quite inclined to think the photo will be in there simply because we have nowhere likely for it to go outside (yet)
sw7nutter

andzdrew wrote: The hydraulics you mention are the pneumatic pistons for the pinch brakes at the bottom, below the fins themselves
No im almost certain there are pictures with pneumatic pistons on  there only on the top ones though as i remember pics on ATG or Towerstreet. I cant remember which.
Last edited by sw7nutter on Fri May 03, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.
Andzdrew

The only mechanized parts on that vertical section are the pinch brake actuators right below the main fins
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

Really back onto the fins? Really?! Haha ;) only joking
Anyway have the support be 'corrected' yet?
Can't wait for it all to be finished construction wise we are basically looking at the queue and station, but the queue is going to be great hearing the ride roar above you! And I love how they like Oblivion have used cages looks your your a imprisoned advocate waiting to be Maramalised haha ;) station wise I hope we see for graphics on the from.. The clear choice is painting it but how cool would it be to also have something projected onto it the moving smiler face other things as they can get really clever now! Just watch the gadget show they managed to make a whole interactive game which was projected onto a building like this but bigger and it had windows haha and what they managed to do their was mind blowing anyway haha this in turning into speculation so I'm loving the new path work and can't wait to ride her ( pun intended ;)... Not funny, did I really just argue with myself?? )
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
lilrigz11

I reckon on the first lift hill, it'll be a launch. Just saying.
RubyGaga

The queue line should have disorientating patterns and illusions covering them. I think they shouldve designed it so it was more of a maze. Would have given the riders a better insight to the rides theme  :D

Image ImageImageImage
Phild94

lilrigz11 wrote: I reckon on the first lift hill, it'll be a launch. Just saying.
Great idea..... Presuming they like installing chains onto lifts just cause it wouldn't be a ride without them ;) no I'm only joking haha, I imagine it would be a chain lift l, as much as a lim launch would be great I can't see it happening really :/ not with those style fins and chain mechanism

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
Oblividoom

The Smiler is the World's first 14 looping rollercoaster. I guess speculation about the 'world first' was right in front of us all along.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Andzdrew

Oblividoom wrote: The Smiler is the World's first 14 looping rollercoaster. I guess speculation about the 'world first' was right in front of us all along.
There's more to it than that I'm sure, I'm still holding out for the press release
sw7nutter

well there is still a secret element. JW said that the inversions were the world beating part. We still need the worlds first.
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.
gabbygrace

not sure if right place to post this but just spotted that "look down" is written on the floor in the game and now its been used in the latest Youtube video will all of X-Sector be linked to The Smiler?

(sorry if this has been discussed before)
Oblividoom

Apparently members of the media have received press invitations for the evening of 17th of May. Should imagine opening date is around then.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
XXBENNXX

i am not all that disappointed by this being the worlds first 14 looping rollercoaster, as i pointed out a while back colossus was marketed as the worlds first 10 looping coaster so i kinda knew this one was coming. still one hell of a ride.
SwEDEN

Just quickly onto the video, I'm hoping that if there is some kind of effects tunnel located inbertween the barrel roll and the first lift, that it will feature some of the hypnotic effects that can be seen in the video (much like the ones that we can see from 1:37 onwards :D)
Adrenalinejunkie2013

Not sure if this is a fake or not, but there's a Facebook person under the name miles cedar, which says 21.5.13 welcome to my facility....