The Smiler - Speculation

Smile always. New for 2013.
Brazilian13Guy

Just noticed two things in the game:
1 - Before first lift, "system check" is in the walls of indoor section
2 - Before second lift is "half way converted"

Anyone to say the meaning of these words?
ollboll9

Brazilian13Guy wrote: Just noticed two things in the game:

I think 2 is that your half marmalised because youve been through half the smiler but youve still got another half to go round so your not fully marmalised :? :?

1 might be a sort of check for any problems :lol: :lol:
Poop. Always
youarecorrectsir

Brazilian13Guy wrote: Just noticed two things in the game:

Great post, love this. I agree with above, I think the 2nd point is that you are simply half way. The first point however indicates to me that there will be something cool in that little indoor section! Something a little more than just a tunnel. Perhaps the train WILL stop and have a 'system check' with some creepy stuff. Would love to see that!
[align=center]"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives"[/align]
dominicjeffrey

I bet the "System Check" area is where the supposed vortex tunnel could be.
clayj

dominicjeffrey wrote: I bet the "System Check" area is where the supposed vortex tunnel could be.
As much as I loved the idea of a Vortex tunnel when I mentioned it ages ago. I can't see it happening now as they have built a walkway next to the track under the maintenance shed. I do however think something will happen in there.

I would love to see standard flat versions of the LED screens used on the Marmiliser covering the walls which can be used as scene setting & story telling... Hidden behind blinds on the ceiling could be slightly smaller versions of the Marmilser's effects ? So theres mini brushes, injectors, flashers etc which when orchestrated, drop down (obviously safe height outside of safety envelope) & helps tell the story. Add to that light, sound, temperature & smell :moj
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
willt2405

KevBales wrote: It's whether they would want it to be a 'scary' queue line... I think they will try and focus on video footage like Dr Kelman's intro on the Sanctuary and build the ride up that way. Not sure they will use actors; I thought Thirteen would have the wraiths walking around but that never happened. However, we can be sure that there will be something in the queue, look at John Wardley's other rides at the park there's always something going on or something to see in some way that builds up the ride: Oblivion's video screens etc, I mean even the Haunted House in it's day had an epic queue  :) If not look at Nemesis' queue that basically has the ride roar over you to build up the tension!
i love the que part of nemesis when your about 5 meters away from the station and there's a cliff drop
carlbrim

Hey first time poster here!

Has anyone thought of the riders actually wearing uniforms? Like in the game everyone is the same, and it's been quite true to real life so far... They could have overcoat things what you just slip on over your clothes in a preparation room of some kind. Or if not a whole uniform how about just the yellow goggles- that would be awesome.

I also think that everyone's faces on the photo pics will be 'corrected' so they have a big grin like in promotional pics.
Anyone agree? Or am I just being unrealistic?
dylan.tempelaars

carlbrim wrote: Hey first time poster here!

Has anyone thought of the riders actually wearing uniforms? Like in the game everyone is the same, and it's been quite true to real life so far... They could have overcoat things what you just slip on over your clothes in a preparation room of some kind. Or if not a whole uniform how about just the yellow goggles- that would be awesome.

I also think that everyone's faces on the photo pics will be 'corrected' so they have a big grin like in promotional pics.
sir or maddam you have just made  my day  :D :D :D i laughed so hard, in all fairness what would be the point lol and besides wouldnt it just be alot of hassle for the guests? laugh if i did though :)
some people call me insane, you are right!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The uniform the riders are wearing in the game, is actually the ride ops' uniform. Perhaps they have already been marmalised on The Smiler...?
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

dylan.tempelaars wrote:

sir or madam you have just made  my day  :D :D :D i laughed so hard, in all fairness what would be the point lol and besides wouldn't it just be a lot of hassle for the guests? laugh if i did though :)
saying that, I've been on the worlds fastest coaster and you had to wear goggles for that, i know due to high speeds but it did not delay they queue at all you just got given them before you sat down.

maybe the glasses will have special effects? I highly doubt overall ( at least he suggest something different and interesting :D ) could it link to the SE somthing wear wearing you own clothes could be bad?
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
Krazycoaster

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote:
dylan.tempelaars wrote:

sir or madam you have just made  my day  :D :D :D i laughed so hard, in all fairness what would be the point lol and besides wouldn't it just be a lot of hassle for the guests? laugh if i did though :)
saying that, I've been on the worlds fastest coaster and you had to wear goggles for that, i know due to high speeds but it did not delay they queue at all you just got given them before you sat down.

maybe the glasses will have special effects? I highly doubt overall ( at least he suggest something different and interesting :D ) could it link to the SE somthing wear wearing you own clothes could be bad?
You only have to wear googles on Formula Rossa due to the sand in the air  ;)
owenjohn

dominicjeffrey wrote: I bet the "System Check" area is where the supposed vortex tunnel could be.

I still think we will see the track before the first lift hill have led panels around  to create the vortex illusion.
J_Baggie

I said that idea of 'correcting' people's faces in the pictures but I was told it was a silly idea. I personally think it would be pretty cool
West Brom til I die!
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

Can i just ask somthing :D

what's the evil side to there plan to make people smile.
I know the track is messed up but i just mean in the story line,
as all i am getting at the moment is that this 'doctor' wants to make you SMILE seems kind of nice to me aha
it may be against your will let you are still being made to smile, it not like there killing you!
is it that there using you as slaves or something?
can someone please explain :D thanks in advance!! :-)
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
arsenalfan-1

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote:
dylan.tempelaars wrote:

Wearing goggles fro some effects would be cool but don't you think they would fall off mid-ride quite frequently? :moj
Thanks Lewis97
clayj

The rides where you are required to wear goggles (due to high speed) don't invert...
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
carlbrim

I doubt they would fall off if they where elesticated around the back. It was just a thought, seen as they keep saying advocates wanted and stuff like that, it would make everyone look like they had been chosen.
Also on the first promo image it looks as though they are all wearing the same watch so was expecting something to do with that but haven't seen anything since then...hmmmm
Phild94

carlbrim wrote: I doubt they would fall off if they where elesticated around the back. It was just a thought, seen as they keep saying advocates wanted and stuff like that, it would make everyone look like they had been chosen.
Also on the first promo image it looks as though they are all wearing the same watch so was expecting something to do with that but haven't seen anything since then...hmmmm
To draw it back to the game once more.... Augmented reality goggles :D

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
Joshysqaushy

Phild94 wrote:
carlbrim wrote: I doubt they would fall off if they where elesticated around the back. It was just a thought, seen as they keep saying advocates wanted and stuff like that, it would make everyone look like they had been chosen.
To draw it back to the game once more.... Augmented reality goggles :D
You could be on to something there, we know that in the smiler game once you have gone past the inoculator loads of different images and spirals show up so maybe the goggles show that as you go by??? just a theory  :D
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER:
UPDATES: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 8&start=40
JayJay90

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote: Can i just ask somthing :D

what's the evil side to there plan to make people smile.
I know the track is messed up but i just mean in the story line,
as all i am getting at the moment is that this 'doctor' wants to make you SMILE seems kind of nice to me aha
it may be against your will let you are still being made to smile, it not like there killing you!
is it that there using you as slaves or something?
can someone please explain :D thanks in advance!! :-)
Because its like psychological effects dr Kelman used (marmalising) and if you did not obey and you didn't accept marmalisation then you'd have 'forced marmalisation' where they wire a smile on your face min the sanctuary they had X-rays of the skull and their jaws all wired up and cheeks pulled back. Dr Kelmans hospital or whatever it was was closed down and people in the health/nursing profession didn't agree with his experiments as he used live humans to work on