The Smiler - Speculation

Smile always. New for 2013.
littlenelly

Hi all. Was on the park yesterday and had two whispers from two different sources saying that one of the lift hills
Is a spiral.    This ride gets better and better.
Owen

But we know its not :/
Don't we?
ilyAlton

littlenelly wrote: Hi all. Was on the park yesterday and had two whispers from two different sources saying that one of the lift hills
whispers from who exactly?o.o
TheSmiler1998

It would be so cool if the whispers were true but who actually whispered them? Thrillmad how do we know that it isnt true? Yes the game doesnt show it and yes the pictures released dont show it but what if they only provided images of what they wanted us to see.

however on the contrary AT have said that you have to ride it to see the world first and a whacking great curved lift hill is pretty obvious!

either way we cant be definate if the whispers were lying or not!  :D :D :D :D
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
youarecorrectsir

No offence, but I'm totally not buying those whispers haha :) I dont see what it adds tot he ride at all, you would have seen it on the plans and it would probably have been in the game. And as someone has said, the Worlds first element isnt going to be in plain sight! Is that even a worlds first anyway?
[align=center]"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives"[/align]
Owen

TheSmiler1998 wrote: It would be so cool if the whispers were true but who actually whispered them? Thrillmad how do we know that it isnt true? Yes the game doesnt show it and yes the pictures released dont show it but what if they only provided images of what they wanted us to see.

however on the contrary AT have said that you have to ride it to see the world first and a whacking great curved lift hill is pretty obvious!

either way we cant be definate if the whispers were lying or not!  :D :D :D :D
But wouldn't we see it on the planning app?
TheSmiler1998

You've got a point but Alton Towers have got an agreement with their local council that they can make small changes to their plans and not resubmit them. once again though i dont think that a cahnge that big would count as minor. as always with AT theres two sides to every story. if i'm honest after considering planning i think i'm with you. it wouldnt make anay difference really would it. you'd still be travelling at like 4 mph just spinning
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
Coasterfan312

Boz wrote: Wow there are some proper moronic comments on that photo on FB :shock:
Exactly what I thought! xD I made a comment how everyone was such a herp derpus...
Smiling since 1997.
Theme Parks Visited: 19
Rollercoasters Ridden: 75
SwEDEN

Ok, right, I don't know where I should put this tbh, it was just a thought, yet now that we know that 'The Sanctuary' will be closed before the opening of the coaster, could we see some theming elements from the scare maze (posters and televisions) being put round the exterior of the coaster or in the station building?

Just a thought as I love the whole poster with slogans on concept and I think it fits the theme really well!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

SwEDEN wrote: Ok, right, I don't know where I should put this tbh, it was just a thought, yet now that we know that 'The Sanctuary' will be closed before the opening of the coaster, could we see some theming elements from the scare maze (posters and televisions) being put round the exterior of the coaster or in the station building?

Just a thought as I love the whole poster with slogans on concept and I think it fits the theme really well!
The Sanctuary is in fact closing on the 14th April, just so you know ;) Whilst its a great idea The Sanctuary is set 50 years ago, and so it would be strange for props from it, to turn up around The Smiler - a modern MOJ project. However, there is still the possibility for the slogans to be displayed in a new way, perhaps on The Marmaliser...
SwEDEN

Lol, I feel silly now for not realising that before I posted :p
martin.taylor.946

Ryan. wrote: Apologies if this has already been mentioned but just thought I'd throw it out there for anyone else wondering what the station might be like...

Of course this is all just speculation and the game could be totally inaccurate, but if not, I hope this helps people who have been struggling to envisage the station set up, like me!
Well done, this post is superb. I have just been catching-up like on several days of speculation and well, your post was by far the best. Brilliantly written and set out, so I wanted to thank you in person - especially as I too have been trying to configure this aspect of the station in my own mind, too! Keep on with the updates. :)
J_Baggie

TheSmiler1998 wrote: i actually think that other bloke whose posts have been removed took more offence than you. i didnt chose the best words there! when boz posted i felt that i was a bad school boy being told off by the head teacher lol :D. i think the idea off ride photos being edited is great thoug. i'll definately pay for my face to be smiler-fied. the marmaliser though looks like its meant to confuse the hell out off you. i think the camera will be after the sea serpent roll or the first hill
LOL and yeah I would definitely pay for it! So would many others I presume so imagine the money they'd earn. Good call about the camera position I think you're right!
West Brom til I die!
clayj

ilyAlton wrote:
littlenelly wrote: Hi all. Was on the park yesterday and had two whispers from two different sources saying that one of the lift hills
In-mates from the sanctuary lol
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
MatthewR1990

clayj wrote:
ilyAlton wrote:
From the grapevine! No one not who knows who what where these rumours come from. We not know when where who what why how is that there. Also... Where who we this that when why HOWEVER, whilst when who this why where!

LMAO! Rumours make me LOL. Why do people have to make rumours up? Can we not just speculate happily? If people came on and said
"I got an idea, what if (insert speculation here)? What are your thoughts and is it possible?"
That would be great and could start a good conversation but NO, people come on here and make up 'rumours' that they have aparently heard whilst at AT or from there moms, friends, cousin who's dog was bought by John Wardley lmao. Just be honest lmao!
Last edited by MatthewR1990 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
RubyGaga

clayj wrote:
ilyAlton wrote:
Yup. I was in the park yesterday and I too heard the actors talking about a spiral lift. Not sure if they did this deliberately or if I caught them off guard...

Image ImageImageImage
TheSmiler1998

You're missing the point. It won't be cool, it will suck if it happens ( which it won't). A lift hill goes slowly meaning that you'll get no benefit from having a curved hill.  :D

Also a whacking great lift hill curve is very obvious when the secret element is going to be only seen when the ride is ridden.
Last edited by TheSmiler1998 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheSmiler1998

A launch hill curve, yes that would be great but we've seen pics of the lift hills in very late march. We won't have to wait long anyway as they'll have to put the lifts in sooner or later  :) most of this is about the second lift hill but a curve (which I doubt will happen) could happen at either.

I know the game isn't a great source but it shows two lift hills and no launch so I doubt that either hill will be launch or curved
Mattfat1

I dunno, A spiral lift hill is pretty pointless...

Maybe a barrel roll lift hill on the first lift... Like the top of the swarms lift, I know you hang on the outside of the track so the sensation will be different but that reallllyyy slow twist is an awesome and pretty terrifying feeling...
arsenalfan-1

Personally, I could see the vertical lift being a swirl/spiral as your going up it - vertically - which I think would be cool. :moj What do you guys think?
Thanks Lewis97