The Smiler - Speculation

Smile always. New for 2013.
Matt80302

Nocama wrote: Hi, after completing the smiler game I have had a few thoughts as to what the ride may actually do. Although none of the track elements are new I think the worlds first is to do with the trains. I think the spider could act as a trigger to set off different special effects on the trains. For example the tickling could be much like sub terror with the back of the legs and the gas could spray air into your face. I don't know of any roller coaster that does this. I think there will be one for each element you can upgraded on the game.
wow I never concidered on-ride things like sub-terra, this openes up a whole world of possibilities for me!
Big Boi B&M for Thorpe 2020.
The Earl

Nocama wrote: Hi, after completing the smiler game I have had a few thoughts as to what the ride may actually do. Although none of the track elements are new I think the worlds first is to do with the trains. I think the spider could act as a trigger to set off different special effects on the trains. For example the tickling could be much like sub terror with the back of the legs and the gas could spray air into your face. I don't know of any roller coaster that does this. I think there will be one for each element you can upgraded on the game.
The "worlds first" will be the 14 inversions, as rumoured from the start.

All inversions haven't been added to the game allowing it to be kept secret for a little while longer. I would of thought when it's announced unlockable inversions will become available, maybe by scanning at the ride or by another means. The trains won't have special effects, the effects are built onto the Marmaliser/spider legs and you will interact with each as you pass through near misses.
spin_doctor

In the fully unlocked version of the game, there are 11 inversions, leaving 3 unknown ones if we want to make it 14, 3 is the perfect amount of spins that could go with the worlds first..the washing machine element before the first lift.
Thirteen

The Earl wrote:
The "worlds first" will be the 14 inversions, as rumoured from the start.

All inversions haven't been added to the game allowing it to be kept secret for a little while longer. I would of thought when it's announced unlockable inversions will become available, maybe by scanning at the ride or by another means. The trains won't have special effects, the effects are built onto the Marmaliser/spider legs and you will interact with each as you pass through near misses.
I dont think Alton Towers would even bother going for a record as a worlds first.
DeanGaryCox

spin_doctor wrote: The 5 Marmalising elements according to the game:-

The Giggler (seems to be a steam gun)
The Hypnotizer (spinny wheels)
The Flasher (Looks like strobes)
The Tickler (Image looks like a carwash but im imagining 4D Leg ticklers.)
The Innoculator (A shringe, no idea what that does, yet.)

The innoculator could possibly be back prodders like sub terra?
Image 2014
Joshysqaushy

no......  :|
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER:
UPDATES: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 8&start=40
Rollercoasters4Life

Three major inversions are missing...

1) Dive Loop (following the first Inverting Drop)
2) Dive Loop (following the first Dive Loop)
3) Corkscrew/Inline (following the Cobra Roll)

The dive loops are definitely in the final ride as they are on the plans and the AR image. The inversion after the cobra roll will be included too in my opinion.

The section labelled 'Top Secret' has 7 hidden items located within - now it says:
The Smiler Game App wrote:'Secret World First - Revealed May 2013'
I don't think all 7 items are classed as being Worlds First, just that its telling you that a Worlds First will be revealed in May 2013. So I think 2 or 3 of the said items could be the three from above (the dive loops could be classed as one). So that still leaves 4 or 5 of them...

:)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Rollercoasters4Life wrote: Three major inversions are missing...

The dive loops are definitely in the final ride as they are on the plans and the AR image. The inversion after the cobra roll will be included too in my opinion.

The section labelled 'Top Secret' has 7 hidden items located within - now it says:
I don't think all 7 items are classed as being Worlds First, just that its telling you that a Worlds First will be revealed in May 2013. So I think 2 or 3 of the said items could be the three from above (the dive loops could be classed as one). So that still leaves 4 or 5 of them...

That was what I've been thinking, so say that the two dive loops are one upgrade and the other inline is another upgrade that leaves 5 more items. Therefore, the app does not currently reveal the ride to be beating the inversion record and I assume that's been done on purpose. Now, the 5 items left over could be on board (the train) effects that go alongside the effects on The Marmaliser's legs, similar to what I suggested yesterday...
Trisnie

Just a thought on the game it shows a screen round the spider
could or would they put cameras in front of the seats to project peoples faces on the screen as they are on the ride with smiller logos slowly been imposed on the faces of the riders as they go round?

*edit*

after posting just a thought the image that appears on the banner above

was that an official image or  made by TT?
if it an official image it could hint at this?
Last edited by Trisnie on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sw7nutter

I think the worlds first is 14 inversions. I mean there are facts to support that so i think that answer's all of our questions. As for world beating they can put that on anything as it is an opinion. Really I don't think there is much left  to speculate about.
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.
RubyGaga

lewis97 wrote:
Rollercoasters4Life wrote: Three major inversions are missing...

That was what I've been thinking, so say that the two dive loops are one upgrade and the other inline is another upgrade that leaves 5 more items. Therefore, the app does not currently reveal the ride to be beating the inversion record and I assume that's been done on purpose. Now, the 5 items left over could be on board (the train) effects that go alongside the effects on The Marmaliser's legs, similar to what I suggested yesterday...
Maybe some of the unlockable features could lead to different parts of the game, for example, in the promo video it shows a pov from the queue line, so mabye you could unlock access to travel around the X sector? You could maybe even get access to ride Oblivion?? Also, there could be QR codes in the queue line. So passengers are occupied whilst waiting for a (predictably) long time?

These are just my suggestions and thoughts, what do you think?

Image ImageImageImage
thinkwithheadcrabs

sw7nutter wrote: I think the worlds first is 14 inversions. I mean there are facts to support that so i think that answer's all of our questions. As for world beating they can put that on anything as it is an opinion. Really I don't think there is much left  to speculate about.
In the radio interview, it was mentioned that it was something that had never been done before, yes, there has never been 14 inversions, but we already know that it's record beating and I can't see them advertising the same thing twice on (most likely) the same posters.

Looks like there is still a lot to speculate about.

EDIT: I also remember he said that you'd only find out what the world first (In other words: Secret Element) is if you actually go there when it opens. If it was only inversions everyone knows already.
Last edited by thinkwithheadcrabs on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InversionMonster

DeanGaryCox wrote:
spin_doctor wrote: The 5 Marmalising elements according to the game:-

The Giggler (seems to be a steam gun)
The Hypnotizer (spinny wheels)
The Flasher (Looks like strobes)
The Tickler (Image looks like a carwash but im imagining 4D Leg ticklers.)
The Innoculator (A shringe, no idea what that does, yet.)

The innoculator could possibly be back prodders like sub terra?
I really hope not I hate them. I also think it would distract you from the ride. I don't think this needs gimmicks like in cart features.
Stern John

Just downloaded the app, exciting times!
Does the however mean we will definitely be seeing OTSR's rather that lapbars?
I have a feeling this ride could become quite painful! :box:
Ripsaw Raver

i think that the trains are decoys i think that the real trains will be released in may
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
JayTricky

What's with the multi coloured stairs in the station?

Seem a bit out of place.
rockportboy

I think if the ride is near enough the same as the game.Then there will be quite, a lot of theming elements such as hypnodisk and needle and possibly smoke machines placed on spider. What do you think will be theming elements. Also the stairs are abit stupid they should be yellow and black.
Last edited by rockportboy on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youarecorrectsir

I've seen a lot of people saying that the worlds first element will be 14 inversions. I think the marketing team are VERY particular about the words they choose. I think the 14 inversions (which is practically certain from the game) will be the world beating part. I also think that the section in the game titled "secret element" will be the worlds first feature. It also says that it will be revealed in May... guess theyre going to keep their cards close to their chests right until the last minute!
Considering 'secret weapon' is Alton Towers' codename for a worlds first ride, it would make sense that the 'secret element' is the worlds first element - as was the case for the dropping section in th13teen.
Personally, I dont think the washing machine element will feature. With all of the incredible stuff this ride will feature, I would be surprised if the designers would imagine a cheap trick would win over the crowds. I can't see where it would go either, I imagine the space required for it would be massive.
As for the 'marmalisation' stages, I think these will be wicked! Obviously the flasher would be easy to implement, and I think its a good shout to assume the tickler will be the same sort of thing as sub terra, but I wonder what the giggler and the innoculator will be!? Any ideas? :)
Anyway thats my two cents... anyone agree/disagree?
[align=center]"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives"[/align]
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Obviously, it's been noticed that the game lacks the sea serpent roll, and another inline twist after the cobra roll. However, it is clear that the sea serpent roll will become available as there is a trench for it to fit into, in both the game, and in real life. So this to me only confirms that we will be seeing the inversion count beating, and AT just don't want the hype of the GP to start to early.
sku11dude123

The giggler could be this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrous_oxide