The Smiler - Speculation

Smile always. New for 2013.
Walla13

A hidden corkscrew and series of barrel rolls will combine with the eight outside inversions to provide The smiler with a record-breaking 14 inversions. Just found this on another site
JayTricky

Walla13 wrote: A hidden corkscrew and series of barrel rolls will combine with the eight outside inversions to provide The smiler with a record-breaking 14 inversions. Just found this on another site
6 track inversions inside? Not a chance. Utter tripe.
Phild94

JayTricky wrote:
Walla13 wrote: A hidden corkscrew and series of barrel rolls will combine with the eight outside inversions to provide The smiler with a record-breaking 14 inversions. Just found this on another site
6 track inversions inside? Not a chance. Utter tripe.
Nor do i believe 6 inside inversions, even with the washing machine (we really need a more appealing name for that) however i more than believe of a possible 10 outdoor inversions assume a zero g roll after the cobra roll and the now rumored barrel roll instead of the slalom

EDIT: Maybe it could be referred to as the marmalisation chamber :/ or something along those lines XD
Last edited by Phild94 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
sw7nutter

I highly doubt that there would be 6 inversions inside.
Anyway there is a picture of a piece of track on TS that just doesn't fit in anywhere. There is a link to it a few posts back but does anyone have any idea on where it could fit in. All the people on tower street say it is for the top of a launch lift hill. Is this true?
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.
cammyproductions

Alton towers will have put may because that is the longest amount of time it will take to finish, so if the weather stays reasonable (it probably won't it's England) and everything goes up quickly and correctly and themeing is of a high standard then who knows the smiler might be open near the start of may or maybe even a little before, considering that previews are meant to be in April I'm guessing the ride will open a week or so after so I'm expecting late April if we're lucky and if not then the start of may.                                                                                                                                What ever happens alton towers will do their very best to open the smiler as soon as possible, so lets respect that, to be honest we have had a lot of rain and snow during construction.
Bring on The Smiler in May! (Excuse my name i made this account a while back)
Gary S

First post on here in an age!  :wave:

Just a passing thought, the 'washing machine' section, if that's what it is - could be the 'Correction Section' or 'Innoculation Station'  :lol:
A frown is a SMILE turned upside down...
Liam-AltonTowers

So if Alton Towers are advertising The Smiler to be world beating and a worlds first then couldn't it be both...? As in the world beating part of it is the fact that it inverts the most times on any roller coaster in the world and the worlds first in the fact that the track rotates?

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
srewotnotla

So excited about this ride! I like the idea of it being a 'transformation' from start to finish, as if being sent around the roller coaster is supposed to forcefully make you happy in some way!
I know this is only an image of the app, but if you look on the right it says 'half way converted', before what appears to be the second lift.
I love this idea of 'conversion', its so creepy!
Benji

I hope with the part where the smiler goes into the second lift hill we don't have another air tunnel scenario. I would love to see that area cover in servalance cameras and massive tv screens with your face on as you go by :moj

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
icecream88

53173 = SMILE
Each number represents a letter. A bit like what some people use on car registrations.
That's what I see anyway when you rotate the individual numbers.
danhalen1985

Sorry if already said... anybody think the ride photos will be edited so that we all have freaky smiles like the woman in the promo pic?
Owen

danhalen1985 wrote: Sorry if already said... anybody think the ride photos will be edited so that we all have freaky smiles like the woman in the promo pic?
Well this would be good but really it would defeat one of the purposes of a photo, that it shows your expression, maybe it could be optional for an extra charge?

What do you think?
lozzyhickers

I doubt it, it would probably cost extra if so, as it would require work thought photo software, where usually they'd just print it. People could easily edit the photo themselves if they scan it.
oj

icecream88 wrote: 53173 = SMILE
Each number represents a letter. A bit like what some people use on car registrations.
That's what I see anyway when you rotate the individual numbers.
Watch the person posting before you's avatar.
The Smiler is Coming...
JayTricky

thillmad wrote:
danhalen1985 wrote: Sorry if already said... anybody think the ride photos will be edited so that we all have freaky smiles like the woman in the promo pic?
Well this would be good but really it would defeat one of the purposes of a photo, that it shows your expression, maybe it could be optional for an extra charge?

What do you think?
I think you should stop saying 'what do you think'.  :shock:
bensaund

A normal ORP will be good, does anyone know if there will be on board video?
If you go down to the woods today
scw55

Is it just looking into it a bit much that the the numbers;

5 3 1 7 3 rotate to make smile?

5. stays still
3. 90* cc
1. stays still
7. 180* cc
3. 270* cc

I guess coincidence that this is the way it's rotated.

Through out the bits of visual information we get about SW7 there is an element of rotation. Spirally eyes. Hypnotic spirals. The Smiler Logo being rotated around on the banners. I don't think it refers to the amount of inversions. I think a rotation will be significant to this ride. I doubt the rumoured element because it would slow down the flow of the ride, and cause unpleasant feelings as opposed to thrilling ones.
I am taken by the implication of an event occuring when you're inverted.
Last edited by scw55 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owen

JayTricky wrote:
thillmad wrote:

What do you think?
I think you should stop saying 'what do you think'.  :shock:
True true
Lotte

Why do we have a speculation section and quotes like... More confusing information came when The Smiler had been labelled as “World’s First” once again  when Chris and team know exactly what it is?
oliviamae

This is probably clutching at straws, but my cousin Steph had an ents host interview at Magic HQ earlier and builders came in and requested to relocate the group - could they be looking to put up the spider?