Smile always. New for 2013.
spark

Standup lol bring it on
JaykeAT

Stand up=pain
Gersty=pain
Stand up Gersty=borderline Submission
The Moon

oliviamae wrote: hopefully not 4d. with ice age 4d, it would look too much like AT are latching onto the gimmick. i hope it's something with more of a lasting impact.
Wrong 4D. Look up X2 Six Flags Magic Mountain, that kind of 4D.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
oliviamae

The Moon wrote:
oliviamae wrote: hopefully not 4d. with ice age 4d, it would look too much like AT are latching onto the gimmick. i hope it's something with more of a lasting impact.
Wrong 4D. Look up X2 Six Flags Magic Mountain, that kind of 4D.
i mean more having two rides listed as 4d doesn't sound as exciting as a totally unique first
The Moon

But if you cannot distinguish in your mind between an animated sloth and a huge seat spinning coaster, you really won't have the nouse to write yourself a cheque in your favourite crayon to buy a ticket. People give the GP too little credit.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
oliviamae

i don't know... some of the things i've overheard in queues beg to differ! haha
swfcjambo

oliviamae wrote: by world beating i think it means beating the world record of most inversions. that seems most plausible. sorry if it's already been mentioned!
As far as I can see, the change to the wording probably means this is most likely - switching from "Worlds first rollercoaster with 11 (or 12, or whatever it is) inversions" to "World beating 11 inversion coaster"
Boz

swfcjambo wrote:
oliviamae wrote: by world beating i think it means beating the world record of most inversions. that seems most plausible. sorry if it's already been mentioned!
As far as I can see, the change to the wording probably means this is most likely - switching from "Worlds first rollercoaster with 11 (or 12, or whatever it is) inversions" to "World beating 11 inversion coaster"
It's unlikely that Alton will go for that record, as there's a 12 inversion coaster being built in the far east, due to open shortly after SW7. So for Alton to go for a legitimate record they would need 13, and as only 8 are visible on the plans (and unless alton have found a way to cram 5 into the station building) it's highly unlikely that it will be the inversion record.
scw55

World First Coaster to feature a pocket dimension where the 5 other inversions are hiding.

Beating also implies to me a heart-beat. But what does that have to do with hypnosis/genetics/secret organisations?

World's First Eurofighter with a splash section?

Guess which suggestion was the real one.
TropicKnight

I have a very good feeling that it is related to the 'New for 2012!' Scarefest Maze 'The Sanctuary' bearing in mind that the title logo has very similar features to the brand-new Alton Tower's '2013' site that went live a few days ago i.e. bright, yellow and green colours, same font for text etc. So, I think it will definitely have something to do with 'burial' (from the sheer fact they've talked about construction in the X-Sector (SW7) in the Scarefest Description). Also, I'd just like to point out, this ride won't have a 'World First' element but it's described as a 'World BEATING' Element, which could relate back to the Vertical Launch idea!  :)
Boz

you are correct, Towers have already stated that The Sanctuary will be linked in some way to SW7.
Ripsaw Raver

TropicKnight wrote: I have a very good feeling that it is related to the 'New for 2012!' Scarefest Maze 'The Sanctuary' bearing in mind that the title logo has very similar features to the brand-new Alton Tower's '2013' site that went live a few days ago i.e. bright, yellow and green colours, same font for text etc. So, I think it will definitely have something to do with 'burial' (from the sheer fact they've talked about construction in the X-Sector (SW7) in the Scarefest Description). Also, I'd just like to point out, this ride won't have a 'World First' element but it's described as a 'World BEATING' Element, which could relate back to the Vertical Launch idea!  :)
however in the sentinel paper the ride is still being refered to as a world first.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Boz

Exactly ^^
"World beating", "World's First", I think towers are really playing with enthusiasts this time round :)
Nightfall

Boz wrote:
swfcjambo wrote:
It's unlikely that Alton will go for that record, as there's a 12 inversion coaster being built in the far east, due to open shortly after SW7. So for Alton to go for a legitimate record they would need 13, and as only 8 are visible on the plans (and unless alton have found a way to cram 5 into the station building) it's highly unlikely that it will be the inversion record.
The same debate came up over at TS a few days ago, here was the answer I gave:

It's worth noting that the current inversion record holder is Eejanaika which is recognised by the Guinness Book of Records as having 14. I know there's some debate over this as some of them are roll over inversions like Air but if Alton are after the record they'd have to reach 15 to truly take the crown.

For this reason I find it exceedingly unlikely. We only know of 8 which are already very tightly packed together. Space wise there isn't any way to fit in 15. The only option is some type of trick track but it would have to tip the cart upside down ~7 times all within 32 seconds (the time I previously calculated for the Block Break system).

Personally I'd rather they didn't try breaking that record  :-\

Edit: I forgot to mention, to my knowledge there is no Roller Coaster that has 9 inversions. So it could be the World's First ride to have 9 inversions only... but I can't imagine it will be (although I'm kind of hoping it does as a secondary unique selling point).
Last edited by Nightfall on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Image[/align]
SMBStoker

I really don't think this will have an uphill launch. Nothing's been confirmed
sweedish2009

SMBStoker wrote: I really don't think this will have an uphill launch. Nothing's been confirmed
Nothings been confirmed full stop. No one has any idea what will happen inside that building, what the ride cars will be like, what will happen on the lift hills.

You can't rule anything out yet, including a launched lift hill.
Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

Follow me on Twitter- https://twitter.com/one_hung_low
Evostance

Has anyone seen the revision plans

Why do the boxes/theming features over the track have spikes in them and why does it look like the exit is blocked off :/
Boz

The exit isn't completely blocked off, as you can see in the top right of the picture below. And the spikes are theming  8)

oliviamae

Using 'world's first' again
JaykeAT

Nice video,anyone else thinking if the rides reg number may leave a clue to the name?