The Smiler - Speculation

Smile always. New for 2013.
Rollercoasters4Life

Coolbeans14 wrote:
Krazycoaster wrote: Just had an idea. People think the vertical lift is going to be launched. Zierer do a vertcial hill launch coaster. Perhaps it could be the world's first multi-manufacture rollercoaster. In other words, the first half of the ride is a Eurofighter and the second half is the Vertical Tower coaster. It could be possible however it isn't very marketable!

I hate to break it to you, but the hulk coaster in Islands of adventure is multi manufacturer. the track is B&M, and the launch is a different company (Intamin, I think?)
The track & trains are B&M, the launch as far as I am aware was done externally via Premier Rides I think.
Johno

People are barking up the wrong tree.

Alton want a marketable worlds first.

Air was technically not, but they got around it by having 'next genenration' in the tag line.

It'll be something clearly marketable to the gen public.
PeteMadden

I see Alton's own Saw ride, done to a better standard with a 'worlds first' and good storyline.
Krazycoaster

Does anyone actually know for sure weather it's gonna be a Gerstlauer Eurofighter. I was just doing some research and have found that when Alton were planning the Dark Forest they had ideas for a tower launch coaster by Zierer. Could that be what we are getting for SW7?
starbugger1303

Krazycoaster wrote: Does anyone actually know for sure weather it's gonna be a Gerstlauer Eurofighter. I was just doing some research and have found that when Alton were planning the Dark Forest they had ideas for a tower launch coaster by Zierer. Could that be what we are getting for SW7?
Well we know it's going to be Gerslauer. Because in the reports, that were submitted along with the plans, back in January. It said it was going to be the same manufacturer as Saw: The Ride.

It's just an educated guess, that the ride will end up being a Eurofighter.

:)
Last edited by starbugger1303 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krazycoaster

starbugger1303 wrote:
Krazycoaster wrote: Does anyone actually know for sure weather it's gonna be a Gerstlauer Eurofighter. I was just doing some research and have found that when Alton were planning the Dark Forest they had ideas for a tower launch coaster by Zierer. Could that be what we are getting for SW7?
Well we know it's going to be Gerslauer. Because in the reports, that were submitted along with the plans, back in January. It said it was going to be the same manufacturer as Saw: The Ride.

It's just an educated guess, that the ride will end up being a Eurofighter.

:)
I suppose, however in the planning application Alton used SAW:The Ride for the noise level report. This doean't mean Gerstlauer are going to be the manufacturer. As there is only one tower launch coaster in the world and it is not in this country, it makes sense to use a similar coaster. I think SW7 will be Gerstlauer, i'm just thinking of possibilities while no one is sure yet  :D
James

The manufacturer is 100% Gerstlauer, without a doubt.

As to whether it is an Eurofighter or not is anyone's guess.
Bote

As James has just said, the manufacturer is confirmed by the noise report. Regardless of what type of document the name is in it specifically says "the same manufacturer as SAW: The Ride" :)
-Prometheus-

And it also mentions 'same type' aswell as manufacturer in there somewhere I think.  Gerstlauer seem to getting more adventurous with their custom designs like Iron Shark and Takabisha, maybe a new productline that has evolved from the Eurofighter or at least the next step in their development.  New train concept perhaps?  I guess that's hardly world first territory though.
Last edited by -Prometheus- on Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djneice

it said on a video someone posted up at some point that Gerstlauer are doing lap bars all the way now so its likely that it be a lapbar, and im sure it said in the same video they had some new rides or something big lined up ( i might be wrong on that but im sure it said that)
so this could be meaning SW7
Krazycoaster

Bote wrote: As James has just said, the manufacturer is confirmed by the noise report. Regardless of what type of document the name is in it specifically says "the same manufacturer as SAW: The Ride" :)
Yes. I think it's definately going to be Gerstlauer. I was just trying to create some speculation. I can't wait to find out what the world's first is;it better be good!
scubahood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oMzW5DJcSzs Saw this on my facebook earlier hardly SW7 info but they're claim on the worlds first is interesting although they give no actual detail or evidence
Krazycoaster

scubahood wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oMzW5DJcSzs Saw this on my facebook earlier hardly SW7 info but they're claim on the worlds first is interesting although they give no actual detail or evidence
I suppose a new inversion could be the world's first; it could be in the indoor part if the ride. However, I don't think this will be the world's first because it is not very marketable and there is not really any new inversions that could be created
Coaster_Dude

I don't think there's any doubt that the interlocking cobra roll/batwing hasn't been done before, I can't see them marketing that as a worlds first though, it doesn't seem enough of a thing to appeal to non-enthusiasts.
nemesismad

A friend of mine has made this photo this evening, it's basically a sw7 mood board, he wanted me to post it on here to see what you guys think. :D

Here you go
mrbrightside

Coaster_Dude wrote: I don't think there's any doubt that the interlocking cobra roll/batwing hasn't been done before, I can't see them marketing that as a worlds first though, it doesn't seem enough of a thing to appeal to non-enthusiasts.
Nemesis 'interlocking corkscrews on the same track' Inferno?

(To show that track element world firsts exist in a Merlin owned park :P)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage
Coaster_Dude

I'm not arguing that it's not happened or won't happen, it's clear from the plans we're getting a worlds first inversion (well, inversion combination at least). What I'm saying is that I don't think there will be posters and adverts boasting about that fact. I think we're unlikely to see people wandering towards X-Sector next season saying "Mate, dat's dat new ride innit, da one wiv da worlds first interlockin' cobra roll and batwing."
mrbrightside

I never said you didn't argue that... I was just pointing Inferno out as it opened with a worlds first element but obviously didnt use it within marketing.

They just need to show people the coaster and it will market itself - so the worlds first may simply be the inversion, and the marketing may not focus on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage
Coaster_Dude

I certainly hope so, although I fear that there will be some kind of gimmicky 'worlds first' in order to give the marketing something to hook on to, my only hope is that it's not anything that affects the main ride experience.
Nightfall

When Alton say they're building a World's First it'll be a proper World's First, something that the public will hear and remember. Just look at their previous World's Firsts:

Oblivion - Vertical Drop
Air - First of its kind Flying Coaster
Th13teen - First Freefall Drop

These are all credible and very memorable aspects of the ride experience. If you asked someone to describe each ride above they'd use the World's First element as the description.

What's more Alton likes a challenge. Just designing a new loop and claiming that the ride is a World's First wouldn't be good enough for them. They want something unique that can’t be described as being like anything else.

That’s why I’m fairly confident that the World’s First will be something meaningful. I’m still placing my bets that it’ll have something to do with the ride Duelling but beyond that I don’t have a clue.
[align=center]Image[/align]