The Smiler - Speculation

Smile always. New for 2013.
RyanY

I dont think that the track won't be able to cope with 3 rows of 4 or even 4 rows of 4. It more likely the vertical chain hat would struggle, but a way around that would to have 2 chains like Fahrenheit does.
Big stan

Charlee wrote: Does anyone know the throughput of Anubis?
Not sure i was trying to find this info out before.  :?
Dingerbell

700 (according to rcdb)
Bote

Anubis does achieve between 700 and 800 pph, which isn't great for a SW coaster. However, if Towers' layout could handle one more car it could possibly increase that to around 950, which (While not amazing) isn't far off Air. I think we will possibly see a standard EF car with lapbars, and maybe another row if the shuttles could be adapted and the track would withstand it.

Incidently, does anyone want to hazard a guess at how may vehicles SW7 looks like it could run? Maybe then we could try and deduce more (If no one has already!) :)
Dormiens-Dave

I imagine it will be 2 loading, 2 running, 2 in either pre-show (such as the dummy bit of Saw) and doing the inside track (so 2) and 2 in unload.

So probably 8, maybe 10 if you want some in the stack.
Bote

Anubis makes around 700 or so on 3 vehicles of 6, so would it be fair to say Towers could easily break 1100 pph using the same style shuttles?

Where's John (Duckman)? He's good at calculating these things :P
Big stan

And they also only have 3 cars! If they did choose to go with the style of car that Anubis has, then you'd need a couple more to get a decent throughput, Just looking at part of the theming but what's this on the track? Is it part of the theming? Cause it looks like some kinda space shuttle type thing! :?

http://old.towerstimes.co.uk/news/news. ... cat=1,9,10&
Nightfall

Remember though that while there are more trains the ride time on this will be at least double that of Anubis so by that logic it's not as big an increase as you'd like.

The maximum throughput will be the time it takes for 1 cart to pass through the longest block break section then turned into a number per hour. Given that the main ride section has larger gaps in between block sections then Anubis I'd actual guess this ride has equal if not worse maximum throughput.

This is why I'm fairly sure the trains will be a larger capacity vehicle.
[align=center]Image[/align]
AstroDan

Anubis is in a small park and has adequate throughput for that park. Much like Fluch von Novgorod, whose throughput is also low.

Alton require 1,100 frankly. Rita gets around 1,060 and we all know how slow that moves.
Nemesis94

Hi all, thought I'd share the latest progress with my No Limits model. I've been rebuilding it from the ground up, literally. The old model was built over No Limits' very rough and inaccurate terrain. I have since been practicing my 3D modelling skills and have managed to build a better representation of the ground in X Sector. I've also reworked the station building with the new graphics, and also added most of the new theming elements. I still have work to do on the spider, and at present only the central tower is complete.

Here's a single screenshot to be getting on with. That tree still dominates X Sector.

Go on then, here's another. I must admit, the station is a bit of a depressing box.

This new modelling requires a lot of work, so it could be a couple of weeks before it is complete.
See my No Limits recreation of SW7 (filmed by JAMMYD777) at
RyanY

Looks even better than before Nemesis94, if that's possible. :D

Will it be up for download again?
CoasterCrazyChris

These recreations are just getting better and better - fantastic work! :)

It does prove how awful that station buiulding will be though, I hate everything about it. 
Nightfall

Great again Nemesis94  :D

I must say I love the landscaping for this coaster, Very Nemesis. How do you recon most people will enter? Down the narrow path and under the legs of this machine or between the interlocked inversions! I love the fact that unlike Nemesis you actually do have to enter the pit to reach the queue.
[align=center]Image[/align]
CoasterCrazyChris

Does anyone think it would be good if they found a way to use the Black Hole entrance arch for this ride?

It is just too good a piece of theming to be demolished...
Rollercoasters4Life

Bote wrote:Incidently, does anyone want to hazard a guess at how may vehicles SW7 looks like it could run? Maybe then we could try and deduce more (If no one has already!) :)
I posted this a few pages back which shows the braking spaces and blocks.
To see it bigger: http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c259/shaney108/Rollercoasters4LifeSW7Prediction.jpg?t=1329176635

Given the length of the train which has to fit on that moveable transfer track to get into the maintenance shed I would suggest a train with 3 or 4 rows of 4. With at least 4 Trains on the track.
Last edited by Rollercoasters4Life on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Dave

Its not quiet as simple as that. Whos to say that the station can only hold two trains? A lot of eurofighters can fit 3 or even 4 cars in the station. In addition, if the lifts are in fact launches, it reduces the block zones. If they are chain lifts though, they can be used as another block zone and increase the number of cars on the track.
Ripsaw Raver

but surely if that predicted track layout was what they had in mind,why would they hide it on the plans, im sure what ever is hiding in there is going to be a very unique way of getting down a level,how ever im im wrong ill be happy with the turn and roll.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Rollercoasters4Life

Big Dave wrote: Its not quiet as simple as that. Whos to say that the station can only hold two trains? A lot of eurofighters can fit 3 or even 4 cars in the station. In addition, if the lifts are in fact launches, it reduces the block zones. If they are chain lifts though, they can be used as another block zone and increase the number of cars on the track.
No I'm just using the space from the transfer track (it has to be smaller than the station to maintenance building of course to go back into the maintenance shed) and then using that same length to see how many would fit into the station (which I could only fit 2) and then having an educated guess at how the track may be. The zones also show the braking sections which in my mind are realistic.
Nemesis94

On the topic of "how many cars?" and for the benefit of those who couldn't download my No Limits recreation, I have it working with 8 eurofighter cars (the same number as SAW). In practice this has four cars in the station, with 2 unloading and 2 loading. One car heading to the first lift, one car waiting at the base of the vertical lift, and two cars duelling over the main ride. I don't think we can work out the length of the cars/trains based on the plans, as it doesn't show how the track will switch to the maintenance shed. If it's like other eurofughters it will probably be a turntable as I showed a few pages back. If it was a point, you could theoretically have a single train the length of the maintenance shed.

A quick update on my new model. I've reworked the logo to fit the new plans, with the intension of using this at the ride entrance and so on. Hope you approve...

Hopefully I can give you another update Thursday evening.
See my No Limits recreation of SW7 (filmed by JAMMYD777) at
Rollercoasters4Life

Nemesis94 wrote: On the topic of "how many cars?" and for the benefit of those who couldn't download my No Limits recreation, I have it working with 8 eurofighter cars (the same number as SAW). In practice this has four cars in the station, with 2 unloading and 2 loading. One car heading to the first lift, one car waiting at the base of the vertical lift, and two cars duelling over the main ride. I don't think we can work out the length of the cars/trains based on the plans, as it doesn't show how the track will switch to the maintenance shed. If it's like other eurofughters it will probably be a turntable as I showed a few pages back. If it was a point, you could theoretically have a single train the length of the maintenance shed.
I'm really going off on the basis of the transfer track. To me I think the way it is show on the plans is it is more of a full transfer track than a turntable or switch track section. Looks to me as if there will be two rows side by side in the maintenance shed like this:

Larger view: http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c259/shaney108/Rollercoasters4LifeSW7TransferTrackMaintenanceShed.jpg

The light track is where the track would move across to the transfer the trains into the maintenance shed.

I guess a bit like Oblivion's Transfer track/maintenance shed with 2 vehicles/shuttles/trains behind each other yet it will be two tracks instead of the one Oblivion has.

Oblivion has trains 2 rows of 8, I am guessing SW7 will have at least 4 trains with 4 people per row with 3 or 4 rows.
Last edited by Rollercoasters4Life on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.