The Smiler - Speculation

Smile always. New for 2013.
ry1996

I'm actually more happy with a Gerstlauer that Maurer, due to the fact of more capacity in trains. Although Alton could have asked for custom ones, I'm still going with this being a Gerstlauer, regardless of it being a Euro fighter or not. It could be a new concept most likely.
Nemesis94

The Final Update:

I had a quick look at 3D modelling and have quickly built a rough representation of the station building, and added it to my model. So it is now finished. There is more I could do given time, but it's been pretty full on for the past few days and I've had enough. I imagine there will be other better recreations on there way, but for the time being I hope these will suffice to give an impression of what the ride will look like.

A HD POV is on the way, kindly being recorded by JAMMYD777 who has a much more powerful computer and far better editing skills than me. Hopefully this should be uploaded within the next day or two.

I shall look into making the file available as a download, but that will be at a later date.

Looking from the X-Sector entrance path, just after the X-Sector sign:

Looking from the exit of the KFC, towards the platfrom:

Looking from the platform to the main building:

Looking at the batwing/cobra from the station exit:

Onride 1: This is going to feel like quite a head-chopper! (The clearence is actually very generous)

Onride 2: Airtime!

Onride 3: Twisty Finale!

And one final overview of SW7:
See my No Limits recreation of SW7 (filmed by JAMMYD777) at
James

That is absolutely beautiful work. Looking forward to see the POV.
Big Dave

Merlin/Tussauds have dealt with and had unpleasant dealings with Mauer before. I dont think they would put trust in them to build a SW coaster given their recent track record.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
scruffy_

So we dont know if there is going to be a vertical/beyond vertical drop?
djneice

scruffy_ wrote: So we dont know if there is going to be a vertical/beyond vertical drop?
From what the plans show there won't be a beyond vertical drop unless it was in the building. The vertical part on the plans is a lift hill or possibly vertical launch, but people have said the track is to tight at the top of the vertical part to be a launch
.Will

From what you can see on the plans there is no vertical drop, there is however a vertical climb which could either be a launch or a standard chain lift.
consult224

Hello all,

I have been reading over your comments on the forum but i feel i should add, this is not a Gerst. coaster. How do i know? well i work for one of the firms involved in designing this project, But i can confidently tell you all that this will not be a Gerst/ but will be a well known manufacturer and I am sure that you shall be impressed by the new coaster.

Also when we took the noise readings yes these were compared to SAW and so this was based around SAW. It is not uncommon as most of you are aware for a company to change designs of things / products. The coaster itself does not require to have Planning Consent it is merely the building for the station, ancillary and shop that is required to do so.

The finished product of track design and layout I am sure you will be pleased with and also the type of trains / car being used.

You will appreciate I cannot comment much on this project too much at this stage but AT shall make an announcemnet in the near future to you all on this exciting new development.
pluk

Hello you,

I have been reading over your comment on the forum but i feel i should add, I don't believe you.

EDIT: Prob should add sorry if you are for real blah blah ......... prove it.
Last edited by pluk on Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Total Unique Ridecount
The Crab of Nemesis

Excellent, someone claiming to be part of the development team! This is a true SW now, never has there been one without someone claiming to be part of the dev team!

Sorry if you really ae, it's just this has happened far too many times before for me to believe you...
ImageSince 2008
Coaster_Dude

I'm going to put my vote in the 'troll' box as well. If you really do work for the design firm, you really don't value your job if you're happy to come on a public forum and start revealing stuff!
Don't_Look_Down

I don't believe you, either. Surely an official member on the development team would be sworn to secrecy over any construction.
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
Bear

A basic rundown of what you said;

- The coaster will definitely be made by someone;
- The station is the only thing that needs planning consent (which we knew);
- It will be good;
- AT will announce things about this ride sometime before the ride opens next year.

Wow I can't believe someone from the ACTUAL DESIGN TEAM is posting on our little forum! Squeeee.
Boz

Don't_Look_Down wrote: I don't believe you, either. Surely an official member on the development team would be sworn to secrecy over any construction.
they are, as a former ride op i know for a fact that ALL members of staff have to sign a disclaimer stating that they cannot reveal ANY information about park operations to ANY member of the public, and that forums like this are monitored to ensure compliance.

so i believe that about about as much as i believe that chessington is going to install a B&M Hyper/inverted coaster hybrid  :D
sibic

consult224 wrote: Hello all,

I have been reading over your comments on the forum but i feel i should add, this is not a Gerst. coaster. How do i know? well i work for one of the firms involved in designing this project, But i can confidently tell you all that this will not be a Gerst/ but will be a well known manufacturer and I am sure that you shall be impressed by the new coaster.

Also when we took the noise readings yes these were compared to SAW and so this was based around SAW. It is not uncommon as most of you are aware for a company to change designs of things / products. The coaster itself does not require to have Planning Consent it is merely the building for the station, ancillary and shop that is required to do so.

The finished product of track design and layout I am sure you will be pleased with and also the type of trains / car being used.

You will appreciate I cannot comment much on this project too much at this stage but AT shall make an announcemnet in the near future to you all on this exciting new development.

maybe theirs not to much info but smells a bit fishy he/she did not tell us it what it will be just that what's its not and that Alton will talk latter hmm........... I'll give this a 4/11 for believability as the track does lend support to this but noise add doubts we will see if the facts add up. also the shop dose not need planing as they are using the section 28 powers town and country planing act, its allowed in gda as its under 10m.
Bear

This isn't up for discussion anymore, I have DECIDED, this guy is clearly talking out of his bye-bye hole.

Swiftly moving on...
sibic

Bear wrote: This isn't up for discussion anymore, I have DECIDED, this guy is clearly talking out of his bye-bye hole.

Swiftly moving on...
we will see where the facts lead us.
Javs

Whey hey! That actually took longer than in the past, we normally get the anonymous member of the SW project team much earlier in the discussion process! Lol. I don't think I can recall any of them proving correct, but hey ho gives someone a bit of fun I guess!
consult224

Just so you know:

Our firm is not based within Merlin or Alton Towers Resort. Yes we are silenced on several fronts, these mainly refer to what exactly the SW7 part is and i wont be dragged into a conversation regarding this. I merely stated it is not a Gerst, as there is nothing in the confidentiality agreements which prevent us from naming the supplier. However the suppliers themselves are NOT allowed to disclose any details on the project in any way shape or form.

In our job of consulting and design we regularly look over forums such as this so that we can see feedback and envisage how we will then feed this back to our clients, we work for various amusement park operators / providers and ride designers / manufacturers throughout the world. However as we have completed our end of the project this was signed off by us and is now upto Merlin & AT to carry forward.
Vanessa Feltz

consult224 wrote: Hello all,

If it's Intamin, I'm not going to be best pleased.
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"