The Smiler - Speculation

Smile always. New for 2013.
AstroDan

Is anyone able to state the physical track length?

:)
muttlee

AstroDan wrote: Is anyone able to state the physical track length?

:)
As a very rough guide taken from the plans I reckon about 800M to 900M, although this was just my rough measurement!
Cariba

Boz wrote: ...
incidentally the return hole in the station is 4m wide which is definitely not enough for a 4 across train and the maintenance track hole is only 3.5m so i think we are looking at 2 across trains.
Firstly great models, gives a great look at what the station will be like. However, I have to disagree with regards to the trains, Eurofighter track is 1.2m wide and the 4 seat trains don't have much overhang so I would say we will see 4 across trains, especially with regards to capacity.  :)
Jollylee11

Really excited to see the trains every though its too early!  :lol:
Their something about Euro-Fighter trains that i love, and also love the fact they didn't do any vertical drops just for Oblivion is perfect, i would like to see something inside the station but im not fused, i think going upside down 8 times is enough, an extra one or two in the station building will make you feel dizzy before you have got up the hill, i just want a turn into a little drop, some pre-show and go straight to the lift
One thing thats confused me is why is the Photo shop building outside the retail building?  :? and in a strange location
darrenhosker

Have a look at the modified pics below, it shows the extrance and exits to the station.

Pink = Station Buildings/Maintenance
Yellow = Gif Shop
Blue = Queue Line Building
Red = Track Return Entry (Station/Maintenance )
Green = Track Exit
Purple = Ride Track
Black Circles = Where the ride leaves the station and where it has to join ready for the lift hill. (Guess)

Wouldn't it be great if the track did swoop round inside the gift shop a little at the back, and you could view it through glass on the inside of the shop as it swoops round.
Charlee

Sorry to completely go off subject but,

Alton has said that this will be a Euro-Fighter

But Alton also said that Thirteen will be the ultimate coaster

:P
I used to think I knew a lot about coasters, but then I joined this forum.
darrenhosker

Also, have a look from above, how will the station fit in that top building when the corners are cut. (Pink dotted line)?

Blaze

darrenhosker wrote: Also, have a look from above, how will the station fit in that top building when the corners are cut. (Pink dotted line)?

I'd imagine the far side will just be for unloading and have steps down into the shop, while the near side is used for loading. The track will almost certainly use part of the sticky-out round bit.

We'll know more when the next set of documents go online. They'll have at least one showing the interior layout.
Coaster_Dude

I genuinely can't work out what the ride is going to do inside the building, to me there doesn't really seem to be enough room to manouvre between the two known track positions without using up the circular section cropping out. Some people have said that the circular section looks like a gift shop type thing, which seems possible given the layout and the doors, although don't they typically get you to the Photo point before you go through any gift shop? That's how it works on every other ride with photos and a gift shop.
Blaze

Rita's merch shop and ORP shop are seperate as well. I'm guessing the shop is optional and you won't have to walk through it, like Thirteen's. It could also be more than just a shop, and be another arcade or something, and therefore not connected to the ride exit, just strategically located next to it.
Jiminy Cricket

could the circle bit be 2 floors, shop at the bottom then the track on the stop half?
John

darrenhosker wrote: Also, have a look from above, how will the station fit in that top building when the corners are cut. (Pink dotted line)?

Probably something like:
darrenhosker

Another mock up of how I think it could be, god you can tell im bored on a friday.

Green = Queue Line (Ground Level)
Light Blue = Queue Line Stairs
Black Boxes = Station Platforms
Black Lines = Transfer Track Structure
Brown = Track on Plans
Dotted Brown = Routes it could follow.
Red Circle = Photo Op Shelter, either a Shipping Container!!! or is it referring to an actual camera on a platform??? It does say "resting on existing paving" so could be a shipping container!!

darrenhosker

John wrote:
Probably something like:
[/quote]

Great minds John!
siralgenon

Blaze wrote: Rita's merch shop and ORP shop are seperate as well. I'm guessing the shop is optional and you won't have to walk through it, like Thirteen's. It could also be more than just a shop, and be another arcade or something, and therefore not connected to the ride exit, just strategically located next to it.
???  :? On the plans it says retail entrance and ride exit on the semi-circular building - to me this says that you will walk though the shop on the way out?
Blaze

Or like this:

*Hopes*
Blaze

siralgenon wrote: On the plans it says retail entrance and ride exit on the semi-circular building - to me this says that you will walk though the shop on the way out?
Two seperate doors, are there not?
siralgenon

Blaze wrote:
siralgenon wrote: On the plans it says retail entrance and ride exit on the semi-circular building - to me this says that you will walk though the shop on the way out?
Two seperate doors, are there not?
Yes, lots of buildings have two seperate doorways, but it doesn't mean they don't both go to the same place? The Air shop has pillars in between the doors but they still go to the same place.
Last edited by siralgenon on Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AdamPanic

siralgenon wrote:
???  :? On the plans it says retail entrance and ride exit on the semi-circular building - to me this says that you will walk though the shop on the way out?
As always, or facing directly the shop.
Last edited by AdamPanic on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coasternut

Anyone care to speculate on the rather impressive 15m x 15m theming object that will be at the centre of this ride? Considering how often the track passes through that particular area it could be pretty spectacular!