TT Spring Spectacular 2019 - Reviews & Feedback

Archive for past events.
Dan

Thank you to everyone who attended our Spring Spectacular event at Alton Towers Resort!

We'd love to hear your thoughts about the day, whether there are things you particularly enjoyed or any suggestions that we could consider for future events, do let us know.
Deb1138

Just want to say a massive thank you for today...felt really nervous, but was absolutely no need as today has been perfect from start to finish, thank you so much for making me feel so welcome x
Justin

Glad you had a great day, Debbie. It was good chatting :)
Liam.W

Yesterday was absolutely fantastic! Although it always is so no surprise there!

Smiler ERT to start the day was... Cold! Sore head and numb hands aside, Smiler is always a fun ERT to do (but only front row because every other row is torture)!

The ride takeovers were as fun as ever, it is so much more fun heading around the park with a bunch of brilliant, amazing individuals who i'm glad to call my friends than going round on your own or as a two! 

The talk was very interesting, and was great to finally ask about the boat ride breakdown situation as that has been playing on my mind since opening weekend :lol

And finally, the best part of the day... DUNGEON TAKEOVER!!! I can't decide what was more fun, the dungeons themselves or me somehow getting an actor to seriously break character and laugh with the line "It's not about the size, it's what you do with it" :lol :lol

All in all it was an absolutely fantastic day, and was Launa's first TT event and she loved it also, now she can't wait to go to them all!

See you all at Thorpe Park in a couple of month!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

NemesisRider

Fantastic event as usual folks!

Smiler ERT was a great start to the day - especially when it was running so smoothly! Takeovers were great as usual, even if I missed the iconic Blade takeover (womp womp). The Dungeons talk was very insightful; I think the Q&A section was the best point. If I was to suggest an improvement to this it would have been prints of the concept art they showed us (as has been present at a couple of the other talks in the past). To second Liam's point, the Dungeons takeover was definitely a highlight! Shout-out to Jack's bubble insanity for allowing us to all act like children and attack each other with bubble guns :lol I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the attraction and the actors, a particular shout-out to the person at the entrance who had to deal with our antics for a couple of hours! Social was fab as usual, I really appreciate this fantastic community and it's nice for us to sit down and have a few drinks.

Can't wait until the next one!
Deb1138

Thank you so much it was great chatting and meeting you all....not stopped smiling since x
Dan

Thank you everyone for coming!

It was such a great day and I can’t wait to do it all again at Thorpe in a couple of months.

Mind the gap.....
Swarm Chris

Such a fun day. The takeover of the Dungeon was perhaps the best way of experiencing the attraction.

Great to see new people and catch up with everyone else. Even though it was freezing, we all still managed to keep the energy up until the end of the day.

Can't wait to see you all again at Thorpe Park in June. It looks like it's going to be an experience like no other...
Jack

Fab event guys, really enjoyed everything (even if I was left phoneless for most of the day...oops).

Exclusives were fantastic, Dungeon talk was interesting, and our run through the Dungeons was brilliant. Obviously the Smiler ERT was absolutely class (if a bit freezing cold!).

Thanks to the team for organising the event and well done to Jack and Chris on their first event as team going as smoothly as it did! Keep up that form aye? ;)
MakoMania

Thanks to everyone who helped organise the day, it was fab as usual! Gutted I'll have to wait a few years till my next one, SW9 ERT maybe Michelle? :lol
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Launa.Lindsay

First TT Event, it was absolutely amazing and I enjoyed everything about the day including everyone being so welcoming and the awesome exclusives!
Justin

I'm glad that everyone seemed to enjoy the event. It was a great day and possibly one of my favourite events!

I'm also happy to see we had some new attendees too and pleased that you have all managed to come away smiling. That is a sign of a good event!

Hopefully we will see you all again very soon!
Michelle

This event was an excellent start to the season, I had so much fun catching up with everyone and it was lovely to meet plenty of new faces who hopefully will be back with us in June!

Highlights were how smooth the ERT ran, the interesting talk from Chris Carter which gave a behind the scenes look at the planning of the Dungeon attraction and of course, a bit of gentle mocking of Jack for dropping his phone in the Wicker Man ride area and it still managing to take a picture on the way down :lol (only after we knew it was safe naturally :lol )

Looking forward to seeing everyone again at the next event , thank you so much for coming!
DeadJack5

Definitely one of the funniest events I've attended. Amazing to see everyone after the closed season and some new faces too! Everyone seemed to have enjoyed themselves which is great to see.

Smiler ERT was surprisingly smooth! Really good kickstart to the day, some great ride takeovers soon followed and the talk about the Towers Dungeon was extremely insightful! 
Finally the run through was perfect, some great interactions and some slight script changes made it something special.

Also, bubbles were madder than usual. I think we managed to scare some staff members so that happened :lol

Overall a great event and certainly a great start to the events for the rest of the year, Southern Screamer should be fun ;)
Luce

I had a fab time as well which was full of fun and great to catch up with everyone and also meet some new people :)

The Dungeons were really good and better than I expected with some really great actors too - "this is a boat, this is a river" etc :)  Also the gnome in The Smiler ride area was a particular amusing moment as well as Jack's bubbles :D

Thanks to the TT team for organising a fab event and roll on the next one! :)