TowersTimes' Summer Festival - 4th August 2018 - Discussion

Archive for past events.
User avatar
Dan
Member
Member
Posts: 2364
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:08 pm

Image

Get ready for our hottest event ever, as we bring TowersTimes’ Summer Festival to Alton Towers on Saturday 4th August!

Join us for exclusive ride time sessions on both Nemesis and Oblivion, a presentation from the Resort on the development of Wicker Man and more, as well as exclusive access to the courtyard and The Welcom-Inn after park close, with music to enjoy and food outlets open until late, alongside a reserved final ride on Wicker Man.

Tickets start from £25pp and are available from our events website now!
Image
User avatar
MakoMania
Member
Member
Posts: 1615
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:29 am
Location: Who knows?

Thinking of attending my first event since April 2016! It's been too long!

Just one question, I think I know the answer but it's worth a shot....

Is there any way at all that season pass holders can take advantage of the bring a friend for £15 offer when attending the event. These tickets need to be collected at the park so whilst the ticket offices have been opening at about 9am this season, there is always a chance that they might not.

Many thanks and looks like a great lineup :)
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
User avatar
Dan
Member
Member
Posts: 2364
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:08 pm

MakoMania wrote:Thinking of attending my first event since April 2016! It's been too long!

Just one question, I think I know the answer but it's worth a shot....

Is there any way at all that season pass holders can take advantage of the bring a friend for £15 offer when attending the event. These tickets need to be collected at the park so whilst the ticket offices have been opening at about 9am this season, there is always a chance that they might not.

Many thanks and looks like a great lineup :)
As we won’t be entering the park via the main entrance, you would miss the morning welcome, check-in and possibly the Nemesis ERT session.

You would be more than welcome to join us upon your arrival in the park :)
Image
User avatar
MakoMania
Member
Member
Posts: 1615
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:29 am
Location: Who knows?

Dan wrote:
MakoMania wrote:Thinking of attending my first event since April 2016! It's been too long!

Just one question, I think I know the answer but it's worth a shot....

Is there any way at all that season pass holders can take advantage of the bring a friend for £15 offer when attending the event. These tickets need to be collected at the park so whilst the ticket offices have been opening at about 9am this season, there is always a chance that they might not.

Many thanks and looks like a great lineup :)
As we won’t be entering the park via the main entrance, you would miss the morning welcome, check-in and possibly the Nemesis ERT session.

You would be more than welcome to join us upon your arrival in the park :)
Ok thank you, I'll do some thinking!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
User avatar
belpertramp
New Member
New Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:26 pm
Location: Here or there

Hi. Just to let anyone know, there are major improvement works being undertaken at Derby Rail Station, so if you're thinking of travelling by train, please check timetables! www.derby2018.co.uk
User avatar
Swarm Chris
Member
Member
Posts: 1626
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:28 pm

Looks like an amazing lineup. ERT on both Nemesis and Oblivion, then full speed Wicker Man... going to be an awesome day!

Look forward to seeing you all again!

Also, really like the artwork for the event. :)
User avatar
Justin
Member
Member
Posts: 2728
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:51 pm

It will be good to see everyone again, especially in the warm sunshine!
User avatar
Morgan
Member
Member
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:22 pm
Location: Altonville Mines

Now that you've said that, cue the rain :lol
Jokes aside this looks like another fab event, I'll have to take it slow during the Nemesis ERT this time so I don't feel stupidly ill again :lol
User avatar
Jack
Member
Member
Posts: 1310
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:16 pm
Location: Solihull

The social has me hyped more than any event exclusive ever :lol
Image
User avatar
DeadJack5
Member
Member
Posts: 876
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:15 pm
Location: :sus:
Contact:

Nemesis ERT, Oblivion ERT, Wicker Man last ride AND a Courtyard Social?

Ticket booked 8)
User avatar
Chris
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2567
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:38 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Bubbles... will leave that here.
User avatar
ThemeParkEwan
New Member
New Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:00 pm
Location: Leicester
Contact:

Looking to go to this, have any older teenagers attended in the past? (Im 16 and i feel like everyone will be a bit older than me)
User avatar
Rob
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2386
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:05 pm
Location: Glasgow

ThemeParkEwan wrote:Looking to go to this, have any older teenagers attended in the past? (Im 16 and i feel like everyone will be a bit older than me)
Usually at our events there is a real mix of ages so I'm sure you won't feel out of place. This event has a real sense of community about it so I'm sure that you will make new friends throughout the day and enjoy the social side of the event in the late afternoon.
User avatar
ThemeParkEwan
New Member
New Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:00 pm
Location: Leicester
Contact:

Rob wrote:
ThemeParkEwan wrote:Looking to go to this, have any older teenagers attended in the past? (Im 16 and i feel like everyone will be a bit older than me)
Usually at our events there is a real mix of ages so i'm sure you won't feel out of place. This event as a real sense of community about it so i'm sure that you will make new friends throughout the day and enjoy the social side of the event in the late afternoon.

Alright, thanks for the help, I'll try and book as soon as I can!
User avatar
Jack
Member
Member
Posts: 1310
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:16 pm
Location: Solihull

I'm 18 now, however I've been going since I was 14. Although a lot of people are a bit older, you'll be more than welcome and you will have a great time just having a laugh with everyone :)
Image
User avatar
Jack
Member
Member
Posts: 1310
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:16 pm
Location: Solihull

Sorry for a double post, I think it'd be a great idea if everyone attending the event wore Hawaiian shirts to the event, would make for quite the site :lol
Image
User avatar
Michelle
Member
Member
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:32 pm
Location: North West

I'm all for this concept :lol
User avatar
ruthisobella
New Member
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:17 pm
Location: Midlands

Hawaiian shirts and glitter?! I would be the happiest!
User avatar
LittleReidy
New Member
New Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:24 pm
Location: North East
Contact:

I’m thinking of coming on my own, does anyone else do this? I don’t really know anyone so I’m a bit nervous. (Also this would be my first time attending an event like this)
Melissa
Instagram - GingerFreckledGirl
Blog - www.GingerFreckledGirl.Wordpress.com
User avatar
Swarm Chris
Member
Member
Posts: 1626
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:28 pm

I went on my own to the one last month at Thorpe and was in a similar situation. I enjoyed myself enough to be coming up to Alton for this one :).

People are very friendly, and you'll find most age groups covered. You'll no doubt make friends, especially during the craziness of the ERTs, or when we clog up queue systems, or inadvertently break rides!
Locked