ScareMazing North 2016 - Reviews & Feedback

Archive for past events.
Tom

Thank you to everyone who attended our ScareMazing North event at Alton Towers Resort!

We'd love to hear your thoughts about the day, whether there are things you particularly enjoyed or any suggestions that we could consider for future events, do let us know.
JonDoesTT

Amazing day again, 100% the best event so far. The mazes were so good, and the BTS on Altonville Mine Tours was amazing. Also, it was nice to do some of the ride takeovers and scare zones with the group, which I don't normally do. I prefer having park access before everyone else to going in at the same time as everyone else like last year, and I thought that this SMN was much better than last year's, even though last year's was still fantastic. However, I think it would be best if we did the BTS tours after the mazes, as it does spoil them for people who haven't done them before. Although if this can't be done, it's not a huge problem at all, the events are fantastic either way.

Can't wait for the next one :D

Credit to NemesisRider
Rob
Admin
Admin

JonDoesTT wrote:However, I think it would be best if we did the BTS tours after the mazes, as it does spoil them for people who haven't done them before.
Thank you for the feedback and i am glad you had a fantastic day. Unfortunately it is not possible to do a run though of the mazes before the BTS tour/s. This is something that we have looked in to before but would not be practical.
JonDoesTT

Rob-TT wrote:
JonDoesTT wrote:However, I think it would be best if we did the BTS tours after the mazes, as it does spoil them for people who haven't done them before.
Thank you for the feedback and i am glad you had a fantastic day. Unfortunately it is not possible to do a run though of the mazes before the BTS tour/s. This is something that we have looked in to before but would not be practical.
Ah right, that makes sense I suppose :)

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Credit to NemesisRider
NemesisRider

Another amazing event from the TTSP team :clap:

I have never done a BTS of one of the mazes before, so it was very interesting to see the inner workings of Altonville Mine Tours, how the maze worked and what was needed to make it what it is today. Whilst I agree with Jon that it does slightly spoil the surprises at points, I wouldn't say it really impacted my enjoyment of the AMT maze itself. Doing the other mazes with Team Wuss was really fun too :P My personal favourite is Sub Species, I hadn't done it before and the actors gave us a pretty intense run despite it being non-extreme.

The talk was very informative as well, as this was my first ScareMazing event I haven't heard a talk on the mazes before. It was cool to hear about Altonville Mine Tours origins beyond what the marketing team put out too.

As usual, TTSP ride takeovers were great. Nothing beats the look on a Ride Host's face when you tell them the amount of TTSPers coming through :lol Only ended up doing 3 rides in the dark due to Th13teen kindly breaking down for reasons unknown, but I still enjoyed them all.

I await 2017 and TTSP@15 excitedly! :D
Finally...

Cheers for organising a great meetup and extras. I was the guy with the Illuminous green Ninja Turtle snood/hat on. My second time at a TT event and since I now live closer to Towers am looking forward to future meetups. Had a great time and those I did speak to seem nice and all seemed to have a great laugh. I thought the talk was interesting and liked the little touches like the haribo and even biscuits and tea were nice.
Hopefully see you again soon.
Morgan

Once again I'd like to thank you all for a fabulous day and a bit, each event seems to be an improvement on the last. The runs of the mazes we received were great fun, especially Sub-Species. For a non-extreme version it was crazier than usual!
Thanks to the TTSP team and Resorts for organizing the events this year, can't wait to see whats in store for TT@15 :)
Jack

Had an awesome time once again guys, the BTS was great and our run-throughs of the mazes were excellent. Can't wait for next years events now! :D
Owen

Well, what fantastic weekend! It was brilliant to see everyone again and meet some new faces, as well as try out the mazes. I especially enjoyed Mine Tours as it was just a little bit better than the other two for me, however I seemed to get the most attention in both Sub-Species and Mine Tours! Of course the real reason it was such a great weekend was because of the people and so a big thank you to those on the Saturday and Sunday who made my first Scarefest a memorable one!
TinkerGem

What a brilliant event for my first TT meet! Everyone made me feel really welcome and I had a great time. I'm so glad I allowed myself to be talked into the extreme mazes as they were amazing and I thought they really brought TOTT up to the level of the other two. I cant wait for the 2017 season and my next TT event :D
Justin

Thanks to the team for another great event lineup, which I enjoyed thoroughly!

The Mine Tours BTS was excellent and it was great to see the level of detail put into the maze. I do believe this is one of the best mazes Alton has ever designed!

Extremes were brilliant and unique in their own way!
I was not disappointed with my experience as I was pinned up (and more) in the shower and bedroom scenes of Mine, sacrificed in the Chapel of Terror of the Towers and pushed and pulled in Sub Species, including an interesting chainsaw experience in the chair at the end! Heck, the woman in the control room of Sub Species got us too!

Overall a great day, although I was gutted that I missed the social. Unfortunately, I was unwell throught the day, which became progressively worse, but hopefully you all had a great time!

Good to see some of you on Sunday too, luckily I was back to my normal self!

Hopefully I'll see some of you at Fireworks!
paige

I wasn't planning on making a post, but I just wanted to say thank you to everyone I was with for (literally) helping me through the weekend, despite being incredibly unfortunate a few times I generally had a lovely time- it's a shame that I didn't get to speak to many people and that I ended up leaving the group part way through. I might pop along to another Northern meet at some point to make up for it!

ALSO I may have wimped out of the mazes on Saturday, but I did (just about) do them all on Friday so I'm not a complete wuss, and all of the mazes were horrendously terrifying
Ladyofthelake

A huge thank you to everyone who helped make this event happen and to everyone who came - it was fantastic to see several new faces as well as see many familiar ones as well.

The behind the scenes tour of Altonville Mine Tours: Uncover the Legend of the Skin Snatchers was great - it was good to have the opportunity to walk through and take in all of the theming throughout the maze and appreciate just how much detail there is in there, something that you may not fully take in as you're going through during a normal run. Then there was the extreme mazes. All of my runs were good, although the stand out for me had to be Sub Species: The End Games. Having an actor drag me through the traps at the start then stay with me throughout the entirety of the maze, right up until the chainsaw ending, was certainly an interesting experience. I think she must have taken me the longest possible route through the maze and at some points forced me towards places where there were up to 3 other actors waiting! Not forgetting her words of 'encouragement' all the way through with her shouting 'Come on Ratty 54!' :lol:

I found the talk from Chris Carter and the creative team very fascinating, I always love hearing how the concepts move from the initial ideas stage through to reality and they certainly didn't disappoint. The mood board with the Mine Tours and House of Monsters concepts on was a particularly nice touch and interesting to look at.

What always makes these events though is the people. Getting the chance to go round the theme park with everyone doing the usual ride takeovers is always huge amounts of fun and one of the reasons I love these events. It was great to see all those who dressed up this year too - as ever you all looked great in your outfits :)

I look forward to what next year's events have to bring :)
Dan

A truly fantastic event so thanks to everyone on the team for putting it together!

The BTS of Mine Tours was brilliant. It's by far and away the most well themed maze I've ever experienced so getting the chance to walk through it with lights on was awesome!

The extreme mazes didn't disappoint. Lots of actor interaction (especially in Mine Tours where I had to wash an actors belly :yikes: ) and I also got held in the ToTT finale for what seemed like an eternity.

The talk was very informative and as others have already said, it's interesting to see how a maze develops from a concept to reality.

As usual though, the best thing about TTSP events is spending time with all of you. SMN is always a bittersweet one for me because it's generally one of the best events of the year but it also signals that the end of the season is upon us :(

Due to my current situation at work I am unlikely to make it down to Fireworks but I hope to catch some of you over the winter, and those of you who I miss I'll see in March next year.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

After arriving late on Friday and leaving yesterday morning, this weekend's been a bit of a blur but thanks to all for a great day on Saturday. Extreme Sub Species and the talk/Q&A were particular highlights for me, along with spending the day with everyone for a number of ride takeovers.

Despite still being exhausted upon waking up this morning, I look forward to doing it again next season - hopefully at TT@15!
alicheesy

Thanks to everyone for a fantastic weekend, definitely one of my favourite events so far. Made a couple of new friends which was good as well. The BTS was great being able to see Mine Tours in detail, however I still managed to walk into a wall on my run through XD.

Everyone that dressed up (and didn't of course) looked amazing and it was fun going round the park as a dead unicorn, despite my horn being abused throughout the day...

Thanks to Dan for the bourbon and Morgan for the Jaffa Cake and chocolate and I sincerely apologise for slightly forgetting to put vanilla extract in the cookehs (I hope they were still somewhat nice). Next time they will be better, I promise :lol
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever
Chris
Admin
Admin

Alice I loved the dead Unicorn look. Sorry if people found this fascinating and harrassed you :)

Thanks to all of you for making what was my favourite ScareMazing yet. AT pulled out all the stops and really upped their game on the extreme mazes. Had a blast.

We have started planning TT@15 already, and look forward to another fun year in 2017.

The dates will be released in the next few weeks.
Michelle

Evening lovelies.

Thank you everyone who attended SMN for making it such a great event, it's lovely to hear that you had such a fab time we really enjoy reading your feedback and value your opinions!

Personally I had a wonderful time with you all, and would like to say a huge thank you to Chris, Kieran, Nat, Matt and everyone else who was involved in the running of the day - even speaking as someone who didn't do the mazes you have truly put on a product to be proud of, the whole park was buzzing with life once again!

I absolutely loved the takeovers on this event, it was satisfying to get to the front of the queues and tell the ride op we had about 35 people in our group hehe, awesome that some new and even some old faces stuck around to ride with the group, and also thank you to my lovely reliable helpers who I leaned on through the day for various tasks, you know who you are and I appreciate your help! :)

Thoroughly looking forward to seeing many of you again next year, and some of you at fireworks in two weeks :)
Luce

I've had such an amazing weekend with fantastic people and it's hard to know where to start as everything was great but it has definitely been one of my most favourite visits to AT and has been full of fab memories.

I loved the talk and Q&A from Chris Carter and the Scarefest creative team - hearing about all the planning and design the goes into the event was fascinating and also the BTS of Altonville was amazing as has been mentioned, it was a great opportunity to see all the detail and the park have certainly pulled off a very impressive event.

My many highlights include seeing everyone again and also meeting new faces which I love, Alice's awesome cookies, doing tree top quest for the first time on Sunday which was pretty hard but I loved it. I also loved the maze extremes and really made the experiences more memorable - especially getting a cross painted on my forehead with fake blood! :D

Thanks to the team for organising another fantastic event and it was so nice to see everyone - roll on the next events! :)
Tom

I had a great time as ever, always enjoy seeing you all and this weekend was no exception.

Alton have really upped their game this year with the maze offering in general, the extremes were awesome too, Sub Species in particular. Getting repeatedly dragged back through the tunnel was fun, as well as watching people get sacrificed in TotT and then getting trapped in the strobe maze.

As others have said the talk was really informative, it was a nice touch for them to bring along their ideas/mood board along for us all to see.

Thanks to everyone for many laughs and good times at this years events, I look forward to seeing you all again next year and hopefully a good number of you at fireworks in a couple of weeks time! :)

Thank you all for your continued support at this years events, without our awesome attendees they really wouldn't be the same.