ScareMazing South 2015 - Reviews & Feedback

Archive for past events.
Rob
Admin
Admin

Thank you to all those who attended our ScareMazing South event at Thorpe Park Resort, and making it another successful event!

We'd love to know what you thought about the day. So feel free to let us know what the highlights were for you, as well as anything you think could be improved upon or perhaps exclusives you'd like to see at future events.

We look forward to seeing lots of you again at ScareMazing North at Alton Towers Resort on October 24th.
Luce

Well, it's always a little hard to express how awesome the TTSP events have been but yesterday was really amazing. From the very insightful behind the scenes tours of The Big Top and Saw Alive to enjoying the mazes and rides, it was an awesome day all round.

A massive thanks to everyone to came along - it was so nice to see you all and to meet lots of new faces as well as people I know - this forum has fantastic members and this makes the event such a great success as well as our exclusive elements.

Roll on the next event :)
Jack

Yesterday was absolutely amazing, the behind the scenes were awesome and really showed how much detail (well, in Saws case ;)) goes into the mazes! Was great seeing everyone again and I am more excited than ever now for ScareMazing North! :D
Hexparadox

The TTSP event at Thorpe yesterday was yet again brilliant. Massive thanks to everyone for organising it and making sure everyone had a good time. Thorpe park sadly let themselves down though on queue management especially Blair witch. Felt as though they were still running round trying to figure out why this crazy thing called fright nights. Hopefully this will improve over the next few weeks.
BIA in big top was more than awesome. More than exceeded expectations and put to bed concerns over big top as a maze. My knees are bruised and my jeans are now only good for garden work. Top marks. Would do again.

Roll on Alton towers !!! Whoop whoop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Finally...

Great little event yesterday. Was hesitant at doing a SP meet at first as how SP ended a few years ago. But it seems back with a vengeance. Appreciated the tours and organisation of those who organised it and the fastrack. I was in Martin's group and we had a great tour with Adam, who really tried to sell the hotel and 'campfire stories' to our group. Loved the pendulum room, the boat was swaying and so eerie seeing the chains move with the boat. Nice little event as it'll be the only time I've got time to visit Fright Nights this year.
Morgan

You know you've had a good day when you've spent most of the day after in bed sleeping!

It was a great day in general- braving the mazes for the first time was great fun! Cabin in the Woods remains my favorite.
Can't wait to see you again one last time this season at SMN :)
Last edited by Morgan on Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thi3teenloverboy14

What can i say ehh? The best time I've ever had at Thorpe Park regarding being with a group that's not family,to be honest most of us were a bit hacked of with operations from the start to end of the day. The behind the scenes tour were great i did start to feel a little sick after a while on Saw as it kept moving,those actors must want a bucket near them! First time in a scare maze and we ended up doing Saw first and what fun it was the guys who i was with did well putting up with me and scaring me at the same time because there meaneys! Looking forward to the photos i know Paul got a couple of interesting ones of me in the inferno queue can't wait to see how they turn out. Thanks to the team for putting another great event and i'll see you all next year at Southern Screamer for some more fun and thrills!
Dom

Thanks so much everyone for yet another amazing event! The behind the scenes tour was incredible. I never knew Saw Alive had so much themeing and Big Top was really great. I love these events and they really are getting better and better.

But no matter what the event exclusives are, it is always the people who make these events so amazing. Everyone is absolutely amazing! Everytime i come to an event i meet old faces and new faces. Everyone really is so friendly and its always a laugh. A personal highlight for me was Amber going through Blair Witch. Screaming at bushes. Just amazing.

Bring on SMN!
Dan

Once again I have had a cracking weekend.

Thanks to the team for organising another great event. The BTS tours were great, I was particularly impressed with the level of detail in SAW but it's a shame that you don't get to see much of it when going through the maze. The Big Top was good but it's a real shame that the maze isn't finished as it just puts extra pressure on the actors.

As has already been said, it's the people who make these events. Whether it's catching up with old friends or meeting new people, everyone has an absolute blast and without the hard work the team do to put together these events none of this would happen so thank you to all involved for continuously putting these events together :clap:

In terms of highlights, the number of people that were petrified by myself, Justin & Zach in our costumes was hilarious (we were asked for photos at least 5 times during the course of the day) and my first experience of a Face It Alone was out of this world. We asked for the intensity to be ramped up, and boy did we get it! It was by far the most intense thing I've ever done, and I can't wait to do it again.

Thankfully we only have 11 days to wait until ScareMazing North. It's going to be brilliant and I hope to see you all there :D
Capt.Barnacles

Amazing! First ever Fright Nights experience for me and I can honestly say it's been brilliant! Sadly didn't get any night rides on anything but it was made up for by some of the mazes, especially Cabin in the Woods. The BTS experiences revealed a lot about how much (or little) goes into mazes. Lots to see in Saw but unfortunately we were rushed through the maze later in the day, so we didn't get time to appreciate any of it. The Big Top#s behind the scenes revealed surprisingly little to work with for the actors which was a let down since the actors themselves were incredibly into the role, and enjoying themselves.

Face it Alone in the evening was another experience completely. From being forced to crawl to being taped across the mouth right down to having hay shoved in my mouth, the entire experience was intense, but amazing! I can definitely say I'll be booking this again, maybe even for SMN when I get paid.

These events just get better and better, as you get to know everyone more, the atmosphere just keeps getting easier and more fun. Thanks to all the team for arranging and pulling off another awesome event, I can't wait to do this all over again in just under 2 weeks, bring on Scaremazing North! :D
toofpikk

It was nice to meet you all. Had a great evening and it was pretty cool to try out the mazes for the first time in a while so I'd like to thank the little group I stayed with for being so kind and welcoming towards me. I'll see if I can attend another meet sometime soon ^_^
coasterchemist

As someone that didn't really want to do the mazes, I'd been unsure whether or not to sign up for SMS. Thankfully Michelle persuaded me to come along and I'm really glad I did. Behind the scenes tours of both Saw Alive and The Big Top were great and showed all the little details that go into scaring the **** out of you later. Dinner at Fin's thankfully didn't break the kitchen this time and then it was onto more ride takeovers. One memory that will stay with me is my flying lesson on Quantum (not one I'd like to repeat though). When the mazes opened, I and the rest of Team Wuss went and experienced the regular rides in the dark which was a really cool and gave the rides a totally different feel. Once all the rides had closed, we went to the bridge over the Big Top midway to watch other people in the group Brave it Alone. It was an interesting sight to behold - the sight of Cj and Phil spooning in the Zoltar booth is one that will unfortunately will never leave my mind. Overall though, another amazing event. Thanks to all the TTSP team and TP staff for making it such a great day!!
Justin

I've only just recovered from what was a brilliant and head banging weekend!

As a fan of Saw, it was great to go behind the scenes of this maze. As someone said, it was eerie feeling it rock from side to side on many occasions. I've never noticed that before, and didn't once again later that evening when going through it.
The Big Top behind the scenes was interesting, but just like last year with CITW it was incomplete which was a shame. I do hope though it returns next year more sinister than ever.

Scaring the hell out of people was great fun. Even staring at them made people nervous as Dan, Zach and myself were dressed up. Hopefully I managed to freak Michelle on Rumba and Skye on Rocky too! As others have said, many of us are all very good friends, but it is great seeing some brand new faces, and hopefully you have all seen how fun these events can be!

My personal highlight was BIA with some of the gang on the Friday and Saturday nights!
Big Top was extreme and THORPE PARK must be commended for their efforts. What happened in The Big Top stays in The Big Top though ;).
I did have a few interesting conversations at work on Monday, especially about the large bruse and graze on my head. I can still see it now!

All I can say is roll on North!
Puggie88

wow just wow we had the best time last weekend.

I personally want to say a massive thank you to Paul and Michelle and Katie, a very busy day on park caused some difficulties but they way you guys made sure we were all having a fun time and no one was on there own was fantastic.
Behind the scenes tour on saw alive was just amazing, so much in there I never knew existed and very informative.

This technically was our 1st year anniversary with you guys as our first event was last years scaremazing south and it just gets better and better each meet up.

Role on screaming north next weekend can't wait to see you all again.
Michelle

Only a quick one from me this time, THANK YOU everyone for attending :) I loved the behind the scenes, I always enjoy the opportunity to get inside the mazes as it's something I don't usually get to do as captain of Team Wuss ;) I felt the park was lacking roaming actors compared to last year though :( Great seeing everyone again, seeing all you lovely people enjoying yourselves makes all the organising worthwhile for the team :) Please keep giving us feedback on what you like/love/dislike about the events, it helps us make them better for you next time!
See some of you at the weekend!
(thanks for the cookie Alice :P)
caterhamsteve

As always the event was well organised and the tt team really make the events they organise. None of the team are selfish and listen on the day to what people want to do. It's such a shame I had to leave early as I had a long day working at the BTCC finals the day after so I missed after dark. Looking forward to SMN when I have no commitment so will be there until the end.
Only criticism of the day, and I realise nothing could be done, was having behind the scenes prior to experiencing the attractions took the edge off them. Saying that, I just laugh all the way through at the other half panicking and screaming.
Bonus is, I get loads of cuddles lol.
TT the best enthusiast group I know. Keep it up guys

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk