SP Southern Weekender 2015 - Reviews & Feedback

Archive for past events.
Rob
Admin
Admin

SP Southern Weekender 25th & 26th April 2015.

Post your reviews & feedback below.
paige

So yesterday I went to Thorpe for what was my first event, and I was absolutely terrified. The sheer size of the group seemed absolutely daunting to me, and I was afraid that I wouldn't fit in and the like; I'm glad to say that I was very wrong!

I genuinely felt so welcomed and included and wasn't left feeling down or left out at any point. I also found it nice that I wasn't almost alienated as a newer member and people weren't afraid to have a joke with me (atleast I hope it was a joke :yikes: ). The behind the scenes was also pretty amazing, having never experienced anything like that before it had me quite excited, as a couple of people may know, seeing as I kept on banging on about how excited I was :lol

Thank you very much to Baffles and Adz and the rest of the team who were behind the entire thing, as well as those I spoke to and hung around with for making me feel as comfortable as I did. My only regret is that I kind of ran off without really saying goodbye!

I definitely intend on attending another meet, I've marked out the date for SMS in my calender already!
JCCoasters

This weekend was amazing, I must say a huge thank you to all the team that organised the event and kept it all running as smoothly as possible, the staff were amazing at the parks, and also the whole community that came together really made me feel welcome.

The exclusives were overall well organised by the parks, and they tried to ensure that we got a decent amount of time on the rides. I'm also quite pleased with getting one of the wheels from vampire :D

Really happy with my first ever meet, and I'll try my best to attend others throughout the year!
Dom

What a very long, but incredible weekend!

It started Friday afternoon for me. Enjoyable day, despite being forced to re-ride Rush because the ride op wouldn’t let me off lol.

Saturday came and we met at Thorpe Park and we got wristbands!!!!!!!!!! The talk was interesting and very enjoyable. I then met some late comers, Yes I’m talking about you Paige and Katherine lol, and we headed to Inferno. To be honest, I can’t remember much else about the day itself, it went by like a blur, but Skye doing Saw for the first time was sooooo funny and the Dodgems was hilarious. The Stealth BTS and ERt was incredible. The rain held off, thank god. Who would have thought Stealth is launched by an octopus!

Sunday came and I must admit I was shattered and found it hard to get up but Chessington was calling. The coffee and biscuits was probably the best thing that they could have done first thing. That went down very very well. Then we went to Vampire. Despite it being on one train everyone had a blast and got plenty of rides. Front row for me was the best experience ever. We then wandered around the park jumping on many rides. Got soaked on Bubbleworks, got trippy in Hocus Pocus Hall and other rides. The ERT on Dragons Fury was dizzying but really really really fun. The BTS on Vampire was amazing. Getting into places we don’t get to walk was amazing.

Thank you TTSP for an amazing weekend!

PS. I did the spinny rides. Kobra and Dragons Fury 4 times. My brain is still spinning!
Luce

It's been a very long but really amazing weekend and I'd like to thank everyone who attended as well as the parks themselves for providing two memorable days that has had so many fantastic moments.

Thorpe Park on Saturday was the first port of call and began with a very informative talk and ended with an amazing behind the scenes and ERT of Stealth. Seeing what goes into launching each train was a unique and fascinating experience and one that gave us some great photo opportunities as well.

Chessington on Sunday was equally awesome and filled with two brilliant ERTs on Dragon's Fury and Vampire - even though it was on one train, there was time to fit in several rides. The remainder of the day was pretty relaxed and had some great highlights including when I got a bit moist on Monkey Swinger :D. The Vampire behind the scenes was fantastic and I'm still amazed by some of the facts on the info sheets the engineer gave us.

Overall, the weekend was so amazing and it was lovely to meet lots of new faces as well as seeing the ones I knew before which is one of the things I love about our meets :)
Robster

Just would like to say a massive thank you to all the team involved in organising the weekend for a newbie I never felt left out and Saturday was amazing the back stage tour was just brilliant.

On the Sunday I returned with my son and everyone was so friendly to him him being the 7 year old mad rollercoaster lad when he got in the car at the end of the day he did not want to leave the fun he and I loved the vampire your and ert on vampire and dragons so thank you again and see you at the next meet
Credit to NemesisRider
Capt.Barnacles

I say this every time, each event is bigger and better than the last, there's not much I can say about this that hasn't already been said only that from start to finish I've loved every minute of the weekender! It's provided another few firsts for me, including my first ever trip to Chessington which I absolutely loved, definitely impressed with the whole park :) The exclusives were brilliant, kept us moving and I somehow managed to get given a used nut and bolt from Stealth, which was a massive highlight for me. Meeting new faces is always something to look forward to and just getting to be back with old faces, some of whom I've seen at every event since my first, it's a great social atmosphere, anyone who's not been to these events please do get yourselves them, they're incredible and you'll love them :D

Big thank you goes out to the team for organising and pulling off another great event! See you all at Sizzler! :D
Chris
Admin
Admin

Absolutely shattered! Hope everyone had a great weekend, I know I did.
Tom

Fantastic weekend, as always it was great to see all of our regular event goers and to meet another bunch of new faces!

The ERT and BST of Vampire were the real highlight for me, an amazing ride that I hope will be back to full operation soon. The AMAZU Treetop Adventure was also a great laugh! :)

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and that they are looking forward to the Summer Sizzler.
Dan

Well another event weekend has been and gone. And once again I had an amazing time.

It was great to be back at Thorpe for the first time since last years Southern Screamer, and my first visit to Chessington was equally as good.

It really is so hard to put into words just how good the TTSP events are. They are a barrel of laughs from start to finish, and that is all down to the amazing community we have here, and the exclusive ERT/BTS' we get are worth a lot more than we pay to attend these events so once again a massive thank you goes out to the entire team for all the hard work that goes into organising these events, it is greatly appreciated!

If there are any members out there reading this that haven't yet attended an event, I strongly urge you to get yourselves to the Summer Sizzler! I can guarantee that you will have an amazing time, as does everyone else who comes to them on a consistent basis, they really are not to be missed!

10 weeks and counting. See you all at Sizzler!
Jack

I can't say anything that hasn't been said already, absolutely amazing day at Thorpe and I am absolutely gutted I couldn't make chessington! :D
lewis97
Admin
Admin

You know it's been a great weekend when you're aching and still tired come Monday! It's hard to think that it'd been half a year since my last event when you're able to chat comfortably with everyone bright and early on a Saturday morning.

Once again a big thank you goes out to the parks, with both Thorpe Park and Chessington being accommodating of our enthusiast requests. It's really pleasing to get to interact with staff who are as passionate about the parks and rollercoasters as we are, with Steve, Cath, Les and two staff members called Dan at Thorpe, as well as Martin at Chessington.

The highlight of Saturday for me was the behind the scenes tour of Stealth, which I found to be really comprehensive and it was somewhat interesting to be standing in the Ops Cabin at the point where Stealth decided to breakdown. Similarly, Vampire's behind the scenes on Sunday was a great way to round off what was an excellent weekend spent at theme parks with wonderful company.

Thanks to everyone for making it awesome - I look forward to doing it all again soon.
alicheesy

This was such a great weekend I can't even. Thank you to the team for organising everything; I had an amazing time :D (aside from almost fainting due to running to Ninferno :lol)

These events are slowly making me more confident and everyone is so friendly and welcoming. I think I may have to bake cookies for every event I go to now (nom).

The BTS tours were really interesting and the ERTs were awesome. I've never spun so fast on Dragon's Fury! I have also discovered a quality tac-tic that earned me a score of 17300 on tomb blaster :sus:

My highlight was probably X and Paige and I were out of breath from raving on the ride and raving while jumping/galloping all the way through the exit corridors.....

I will definitely attend more events as they are fantastic and I have made some amazing friends. Maybe one day, my awkwardness will have gone and will be replaced with pure mentalness :lol
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever
mol7030

Wow. What an incredible weekend! I think that is my first back to back Theme Park weekend and I loved it- though I needed a rather strong coffee at work today!
The behind the scenes tour was brilliant- the octopus looking system for Stealth was enjoyable to watch over and over again and the walk around Vampire was great. Both speakers were engaging and it was refreshing to see them so passionate about their jobs.
Thank you so much to the team for making us feel welcome and for all of their organising- we have had a great time!

PS- A highlight would be 5 times in a row on Dragon's Fury getting the best spin ever with Laura and Steve!

:mrgreen:
thi3teenloverboy14

This was an amazing weekend i only went to the Thorpe Park event but that was enough for me and the excitement. I arrived thinking omg i know nobody here how am i going to fit in! But you guys were amazing in including everyone and i felt well welcomed. Starting the day on a walk on ride on Nemesis Inferno was great but sadly i lost the group at the start so i was going round on my own but i did eventually find you by I'm a Celebrity.

The Mr Monkey Banana take over was excellent as well as the Bumper Cars! I still hurt from them. By the time it was 4pm i was talking to more and more people which i was glad about. I really enjoyed the Behind The Scenes and i managed 6 rides on Stealth during the ERS probably would of managed 8 if the break down didn't occur but Les saved the day with his great engineering skills!

I will definitely be attending more meetups and you will be able know who i am by looking out for the Furious Baco Bag.
Highlight has to be taking over the Banana boat ride and the Stealth ERT/BTS

Well done TowersTimes/SouthParks!
Justin

Once again I had an excellent weekend; however I am still feeling tired from all the fun we had!

Thorpe Park was brilliant. It was great to see lots of new faces along with the usual gang all having fun together. We managed quite a lot during the day and was pleased we managed to take over a lot of rides, although the run to Nemesis Inferno tested our fitness from the start :lol Mr Monkey's Banana Ride take over was very good #banana #split, as was the King Pig's Wild Hog Dodgems!

The backstage tour was good, however a group of us left the tour early to get a couple of rides on Stealth before the ERT finished therefore we didn't get to see the workshop, however I did get to the operating cabin after the ride closed so hopefully I didn't miss too much! I'm not sure of his name but the chap who was in there was great as usual, just like he was for Saw last year!

Chessington was excellent. In my opinion this was the best day out of the two! The Vampire ERT was amazing. I think I managed 6 rides out of 7 which certainly made up for Stealth. I love that ride as it has some kick!
I'm not sure what happened that day but I may have picked the unluckiest seats on Monkey Swingers and Rameses Revenge as I came off both rides soaked! Dragon's Fury was brilliant although I felt dizzy after my fifth time, so I was pleased they closed the queue line when they did otherwise I'd be sick! :lol The backstage tour was interesting and informative and it is really appreciative that the guy came in to talk to us on his day off. It was great to get up close to the train and walk though the restricted areas!

Great work as usual TTSP! The countdown to Sizzler is on!
woodla

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone at TowersTimes and SouthParks for an absolutely incredible weekend! It was brilliant! These events just keep going from strength to strength. Loved the behind the scenes tours, exclusive ride times and catching up with everyone and meeting new people :)
Not gonna forget this weekend for a long time :)
Mega excited for Summer Sizzler now! Will be another quality event for sure
VampsLuke

I have to say in all my years of going to park's this event was the best time i have ever had!, the cool thing was that every 1 got on even in a massive group at Chessington, amazing people amazing event.

Thorpe parks tour around stealth was a real treat i hope there are more like this in the future i really thought the badges system worked well although i would add that given people were in the own little group's on that day maybe could of gave the colours to each group just an idea. But thank you to all the team and i met some amazing new friends!! thanks guys see you at sizzler !!!
SamTP

My vlog from saturday if anyones interested? Just want to say a massive thanks as it was a great day and cant wait for the next ones!
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alex

Thanks to all of the TTSP team for organising another amazing event weekend. Considering it was over two different parks the event ran very smoothly. It was good to see that the majority of the group stayed together over the two days which made for a good atmosphere and also confused a lot of staff who were on batching duties!

Both the Steath and Vampire behind the scenes tours were really interesting due to the members of staff conducting them being very knowledgeable and as always the ERT were fun and the group got lots of re-rides.

Once again thanks to the team and also all the members who attend the events which make my visits to theme parks so enjoyable. Can't wait for the Summer Sizzler and seeing what exclusives the TTSP team can come up with this time!