TT Smilefest - 28th March 2015 - Discussion

Archive for past events.
Dan

Alex Tyler wrote:I've got the latest e-mail, will we keep having to run all the way round on the ERT on the Smiler if we do we will only be able to get 4 rides on it each.
I wouldn't have thought so.

I reckon they'll allow us to go back through the door near the baggage hold.
Aidan Lowe

Given the amount that is attending the event even with 5 trains backed up staying on wouldn't be doable like it was with Air at the sizzler. But as Dan said they'll no doubt open the door leading straight to the loading bay as you walk down the first steps after exiting.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Arrangements have been made to maximise our ERT on The Smiler.
Jack

Some people have to hold onto the back of the seats? :P
Alex Tyler
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

I has arrangements from management that allowed me to have 3 re-rides (go up the steps over the track back down and through the door back onto the load side) but I had to wait 1 lap (the train I got off had to come back around) before I could have my next go and during the time after Scarefest and before fireworks on 4 trains I could do 8 rides an hour.
NemesisRider

When will we be able to pick up T-Shirts?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

NemesisRider wrote:When will we be able to pick up T-Shirts?
T-shirts will be available to collect when registering in the morning.
NemesisRider

I won't be there in the morning (as I will be at a rehearsal). Would it be possible to pick it up at the end of the day? :)
Stan.H

I might be in the park then, I will look out for you guys
Ladyofthelake

Two event tickets and two park admission tickets have become available for SMILEFEST this Saturday. If you wish to purchase these, please contact either Rob-TT or Liam B via forum PM.
SmilerLover

SmileFest tommorow. So excited!!!!!!!
Credit to NemesisRider for this awsome signature! :moj
George B

Is it just the letter with the itinerary that we need tommorow? And is it ok if it's in black and White?

Thanks to NemesisRider for the signature
lewis97
Admin
Admin

George B wrote:Is it just the letter with the itinerary that we need tommorow? And is it ok if it's in black and White?
Yup, a legible copy of the itinerary and your lead booker's name is all you need. Have fun tomorrow!
Vladimir Bobinski

i did consider going to this, but living in Warwickshire and being in Barnsley for a wedding on Thursday, I decided to swing by the resort on my way home today. Enough miles travelled for one week. I have to say the "Northerners" have a much nicer drive in, especially the last 10 miles approaching Farley.

If someone gets the chance I'd love them to ask, with Saw in mind how well they see the smiler ageing and what they can do to lengthen it's lifetime. I bear in mind the factor of getting old and just not being able to deal with rickety rides as well, but I'd love to know who did the winter maintenance for this Season, today I found 2 different smiler trains progressively rougher than 21 year old Nemesis, which I don't even have to think about bracing for. By rough, I don't mean what the ride is suppose to be, I mean feeling the judder of the poor contact between wheel and track surface going through to my teeth! I could hear the constant banging and slipping of the wheels struggling to keep good contact.

On a good day it's only the last 2 inversions that a pulled off quite quickly that can catch you out.

I say the same of Colossus, I think it has a fantastic layout ruined by a painful ride experience.