Netherlands September 2015

Archive for past events.
Chris
Admin
Admin

As Germany didn't happen, I thought I would propose another cheaper and simpler Euro trip. Walibi Holland has the incredible Goliath Intamin hyper, and Efteling has the awesome new B&M dive coaster opening; Baron 1898.

Friday 18/09/15 - Drive to Folkestone, take Eurotunnel to Calais, drive to hotel near Walibi Holland.
Saturday 19/09/15 - Walibi Holland
Sunday 20/09/15 - Efteling then drive home

- Stay in budget but nice hotel nearby - allow £100.00pp max
- Eurotunnel - currently £116.00 per car, split between however many people
- Park entry for both around 65 Euros / £50.00
- Get drunk on both nights in a random bar

Eurostar and petrol can be split between people sharing cars.

Attending so far:
Baffles
Tim
Katie
Paul
Michelle
Stephen
Laura
Tom
Blythe
Last edited by lewis97 on Fri May 22, 2015 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladyofthelake

Noticed Efteling have a rather handy page detailing when certain rides and attractions will be closed for maintenance. Might be handy to look at when deciding on dates for the trip: http://www.efteling.co.uk/EN/thepark/at ... rhoud.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do we know exactly when Baron 1898 is opening as I can only find 'Summer 2015' quoted which is rather vague.
Tom

Yep, good for me.
Likewise I could do with knowing sooner than later, so that I can book the Friday off. :)
Dom

Depending on when your thinking off doing it, i may be interested. If its may than its a no, but if its towards middle/end september than i should be able to do it!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Dom wrote:Depending on when your thinking off doing it, i may be interested. If its may than its a no, but if its towards middle/end september than i should be able to do it!
The original plan was May (hence the reply titles), but it has now been changed to September, with the proposed dates in Baffles' first post.
Dom

Thanks Lewis. Completely missed that

Edit: the ferry from Dover to Dunkirk is coming up at £67 for a return for a car with 4 people.
Last edited by Dom on Fri May 22, 2015 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan

This is a potential yes for me, I'm off work 7th-20th Sept so finances depending I may be able to come along!
Capt.Barnacles

I would love to make this, but transport will be a major issue. Looking to have taken my driving test by then but even then, I still won't have a car. Maybe another time :P
Tom

Dan C wrote:I would love to make this, but transport will be a major issue. Looking to have taken my driving test by then but even then, I still won't have a car. Maybe another time :P
I'm sure that there will be some car sharing going on as it will reduce the costs for everyone. Maybe try and jump in with someone coming near your way?

The more people going the better! :)
Dom

I would need a car share, so if anyone is likely to have space, please think of me.
Capt.Barnacles

Tom-TT wrote:
Dan C wrote:I would love to make this, but transport will be a major issue. Looking to have taken my driving test by then but even then, I still won't have a car. Maybe another time :P
I'm sure that there will be some car sharing going on as it will reduce the costs for everyone. Maybe try and jump in with someone coming near your way?

The more people going the better! :)
I might look into that as a possibility! :)
Jack

I can't make this whatsoever, if anyone wants me I will be sobbing in the corner of the SB :lol
Lee

I'm in Florida so won't be making this sadly.

Have fun though guys :)
iCandy

Oh this sounds like a great trip, but I've booked holiday off between 5th - 20th Sept, what are the chances something might happen on the Sunday so we couldn't get back on the Monday? If it was a week or two earlier it would be perfect!
Mayfly_

I'm very interested in attending and can make the dates. Only thing is, I would need a carshare (I'm based in Coventry and London, can be flexible though) as i'm also taking my test the week before, but even if I pass I also won't have my car until around my birthday in October. :(
Chris
Admin
Admin

Have updated the who's coming list and plan to book this after payday at the end of July.
Chris
Admin
Admin

I have now booked this - see the following:

Le Shuttle
Friday 18th September departing Folkstone at 11.20am
Sunday 20th September departing Calais at 20:50pm

Friday and Saturday 18th & 19th September - Cottage at Walibi World
https://www.walibi.nl/en/stay-night/cottages" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;