Portaventura Mini Meet 10th-14th September

Archive for past events.
Alex

[align=center]Image[/align]

The trip will run from Wednesday 10th September - Sunday 14 September, the main reason for selecting these dates are that the park is open until 2am on the Friday and the Saturday so we would get plenty of time on park! The plan is to stay in apartments which are roughly a 5 minute walk from the park entrance.

Due to this being an unofficial meet there will be a strict 18+ age limit on this trip.

As TowersTimes is a wide reaching forum the likelihood is that we will travel from different airports and meet up at the apartments or the park itself. Because of this it would be tricky to cost all the possible permutations for the flights so below I will list the costs that are likely to be fixed so you have a rough idea how much everything will cost.

Apartment
The plan is to stay at the UHC Paradis Village which is approximately 500m from the PortAventura theme park entrance. The rooms will fit 4-6 people and costs £260 for four nights. Here is the link to the booking.com site where you can see the price and photos of the accommodation.

Park Tickets
Using 365Tickets we are able to get a three day park ticket for £65.30 and when you use the voucher code “pasa10” it knocks 10% off the price which brings the price down to £58.77.

Airport Transfers
Busplana offer private coach transfers that run every hour to PortAventura. The bus costs £22.30 return from Barcelona or £8.20 if you are able to get a flight into Reus.
In total this comes to roughly £165pp (based on three people sharing the apartment), so if flight work out roughly at the same amount it works out at about £330 for the trip, which is a great price for 3 full days on park!

If you are interested in coming on the trip just leave a reply so we can get a rough idea on numbers and also which airport would be better for you. And if you have any questions on the trip don't hesitate to PM and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Who's going?

Alex - Manchester to Reus
Lee - Liverpool to Reus
Ladyofthelake - Birmingham to Reus
Michelle
hursty
laurakinley02
StephenSkinnerBulldogg
Last edited by Alex on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dom

i'm a maybe. will have to double check i can afford it and i can get the time of work and that im not chicken
Martin

Me & John would deffo be going
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
Dan

I'm very interested in this trip, finances permitting of course.

In terms of airport then East Midlands would be better for me.
Kirsty25

I'm in the process of looking up alternative accommodation and eating local (mainly because i miss my Spanish food fix) though the current dates I'm looking at are slightly different in that it's 9th September - 13th September.
Tom

Maybe
lindsay.j.chant

I may be in so long as I can resist going to the last home game of the season for my team in May and am not required down in Hampshire for starting a new job.
Our goal in life is to overcome obstacles placed in our way without destroying them, so that those who follow us may share in our triumphs.
Dom

this is looking more and more likely for me
Alex

Good to hear Dom!! :joy:
Alex

Just a quick update, the trip is now definitely going ahead as there is now 3 of us booked on it, everyone is welcome and for £330ish we are going to have a great 4 days so why not join us!
lindsay.j.chant

Make me a definite. Will do booking of flights during the week and update on where I'm flying from.
Alex

Good to hear Lindsay, if you have any questions about it feel free to PM as I feel a bit like a travel agent at the moment :lol I can't add you to the list as I can't edit that post anymore but I will ask a mod to do it :)

Edited the who's coming list - Kirsty25
laurakinley02

Already booked to go for this week before we knew this mini meet existed so me and Steve could meet up with people in the park. We are there 7th- 14th September. Staying at hotel caribe.
StephenSkinnerBulldogg

and I'm going with Laura :D
Deejay

Flights to Reus are better than Barcelona as it's right next to the park, taxis from the airport to the resort aren't that expensive, it's literally 10 minutes away! Also Salou is walking distance from the resort if you fancy a night out in a chavvy English infested Spanish town!!

I would love to go to this but with the announcement of Ferrari World coming to the park in 2016, I'm going to wait for that! Enjoy Shambhala :)
djtidus

This is something I would be interesting in, travelling from Liverpool to Reus.
Ladyofthelake

djtidus wrote:This is something I would be interesting in, travelling from Liverpool to Reus.

That's great news you want to join us. Everyone who is going has taken their own responsibility for booking their flights and accommodation so feel free to use the details posted in the first message of this thread to help you to decide what to book. The apartments suggested are more economical price wise if you are sharing as they are designed for 4-6 people.

If you have any questions feel free to pop them in this thread :)
djtidus

ladyofthelake wrote:
djtidus wrote:This is something I would be interesting in, travelling from Liverpool to Reus.

That's great news you want to join us. Everyone who is going has taken their own responsibility for booking their flights and accommodation so feel free to use the details posted in the first message of this thread to help you to decide what to book. The apartments suggested are more economical price wise if you are sharing as they are designed for 4-6 people.

If you have any questions feel free to pop them in this thread :)
Yeah it sounds good, Just need to check prices I will be travelling/staying alone :lol
djtidus

Has anyone booked a 4-6 person room that has space left and would like another person to cheapen the bill?
Ladyofthelake

djtidus wrote:Has anyone booked a 4-6 person room that has space left and would like another person to cheapen the bill?
I'm afraid that, as far as I'm aware, everyone who is confirmed as coming has already booked their accommodation, therefore rooms are either full or, due to the terms and conditions of booking, cannot have another person added.

I would suggest that the most cost effective option may be to consider stopping in the official park hotels. some packages include park tickets so you wouldn't need to book these separately (I strongly advise checking this though so you're not left without park tickets). Booking the hotel and park tickets through the official park website, works out at around £216. You would need to book flights and transfers separately.

Hope that helps.