Do you think The Height(tree line) Rule is Correct?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

Do you think The Height(tree line) Rule is Correct?

Poll runs till Mon Jul 08, 2041 6:04 am

Yes Alton Towers Is a Beautiful Place one of the nations most treasured land marks
60%
Dont Care Much, i Just like the park
18%
Or should Alton Towers build 3 Kingda Kas, a few Goliaths and a wooden coaster rattling through downtown Alton and all neighbouring villages?
22%

Total votes: 55
Sr88

What I would like to know, is how easy is it for them to get permission to go above, like with Rita.
stealthsmiler

This may seem selfish sort of, but I agree with the tree height limit but not noise etc. I personally think the locals should suck it up and get used to the noise. With the exception of October/early November, the noise doesn't really run into unacceptable hours of the day and people living next to airports and main roads have to suck it up, so I personally think so should they. Install better windows or move or what ever. I know many people wont like it but its what you expect when you live next to a theme park. I do agree with the tree height limit though, as the park should spoil the view. Although I think rides which aren't permanently above the tree line should be allowed, for example a ride like an Screamin Swing or a giant frisbee where the gondola goes above the trees but not the frame. This is because it isn't going to permanently ruin the view, only for a couple of seconds which adds some excitement to the nearby area when you see it for a few seconds before it disappears again.
TheOutpatient

The restrictions have bought about some cool qualities in rides like the Oblivion hole and quarry that Nemesis is in. Imagine how it would detract from themeing if these coasters were all above ground. At the same time I think its a bit bossy and old fasioned to imply that coasters are a monstrosity that must be hidden by an organization that doesn't own any part of Alton Towers. Don't get me wrong, I love the historic landscape and the trees and the old structures around the park but Alton Towers faces restrictions not just on height but on noise and the trees they can remove aswell, I just wish they would let up a bit.