Rita best ride ever?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

Do you think rita is the best ride in the park?

Poll runs till Wed May 15, 2041 1:57 am

Yes, definitely
5%
No
82%
It\'s my joint favourite
13%

Total votes: 39
Anonymous

The advert says it it is but is it your best alton towers ride ever. Not mine ill stick with Nemesis. Write a comment about your choice. :D
SW-Dave

im no fan of launch coasteres, Nemesis is deffinatly AT's best ride IMO.
$t£v£

What could possibly beat Nemesis i bet its not long before Nemesis returns to favourite on ATs site.
$t£v£, formerly Mr Writer.
plasticboy

NEMESIS! There is no comparison. 8)
Ant

Nemesis obvioulsly followed by Oblivion.
Jay247uk

Yup, deffinatly Nemesis, although Oblivion seems to get better each time I ride it.
Anonymous

i wonder if alton put it as there best ride ever just for advertising because our poll only has 1 person who thinks its best :?
Lozza

i think that the launch on it is amazing but thats it. nemesis provides thrills all round and from the top of the lift hill till the brake run there isn't one moment of 'boringness'. i know rita isn't boring all the way round but what i'm getting at is that it is a one trick pony- an amazing launch but not much else to boast about. you go round the rest of the track thinking 'that launch was amazing!' but you don't get a chance to think on nemesis. oooo i want to go on nemesis now! :D

:mrgreen:
:D
Anonymous

LOL Rita the best ride ever? The best way to describe that ride is boring imo. The best part is the launch, the rest is :?
MikeB

The launch is by far the best part of the ride (especially on the front row). The rest is a bit standard but you spend the rest of the ride thinking how good the launch was, so it doesn't really matter! Not as good as nemmie which is intense throughout.
jpecool

Nemesis, then rita.

Oblviion isnt as good anymore IMO, its lost its scariness.

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
Fanta

Rita is a good ride, but its not the best ride in the park.
doom+sons1988

Best Rides at Alton Towers (Thrill Rides)

1.Nemesis
2.Oblivion
3.Rita
4.Air
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Soph

it is my joint favorite with the almighty nemesis and oblivion :p
Anonymous

No Rita hasnt had enough time to become a classic like Nemesis which has been there for 12 years!!!
JezziWezzi

personally i think Nemesis is the best. Rita hasn't been in the park a full year yet!!
Fanta

[quote=""Liam13""]No Rita hasnt had enough time to become a classic like Nemesis which has been there for 12 years!!![/quote]

Being a classic has no relation to whether Rita is the best ride ever. And how do you rate a classic. Its certainly not by age you can tell a classic as soon as you've ridden it.
genesis

I think most of the GP don't see coasters as some of us enhusiasts do. When all my mates and I went to ride Rita in April when she was new they all thought that Rita was the best ride ever. Not me, I look back to my past experiences of roller coasters and Nemesis will always stick in my mind as the best so far. Nemesis will really take some beating. Also, my mates always say the same thing over and over, and that's whatever ride is new is the best, what? When Nemesis was new, that was the best, when Oblivion was new that was, then Air now Rita. (They even thought Spinball Whizzer was in 2004, help!!!) I class my mates as the GP. To me, just because a coaster is new, doesn't mean it's the best.
Makusu

Oblivion is deffinately my favourite..
Rita would probably come 4th on my fave list o.o

1. Oblivion
2. Ripsaw
3. Nemesis
4. Rita
Fanta

[quote=""genesis""]I think most of the GP don't see coasters as some of us enhusiasts do. When all my mates and I went to ride Rita in April when she was new they all thought that Rita was the best ride ever. Not me, I look back to my past experiences of roller coasters and Nemesis will always stick in my mind as the best so far. Nemesis will really take some beating. Also, my mates always say the same thing over and over, and that's whatever ride is new is the best, what? When Nemesis was new, that was the best, when Oblivion was new that was, then Air now Rita. (They even thought Spinball Whizzer was in 2004, help!!!) I class my mates as the GP. To me, just because a coaster is new, doesn't mean it's the best.[/quote]

|Yeah its because they look the freshest of the rides. They believe the newer rides will always be the best rides. Look at Submission in 2001 for instance :P.