Alton Towers Hotel vs. Splash Landings!

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

Alton Towers Hotel or Splash Landings

Poll runs till Sat Feb 02, 2041 12:14 pm

Alton Towers Hotel
43%
Splash Landings
58%

Total votes: 40
Anonymous

The question that has baffled man-kind since the erection of Project Calypso Springs... but what lays at the top of it's game.

Alton Towers Hotel, the clean cut atmospheric typical Hotel with a difference! Have you been lost in the enchantment that represents all of which is magic at Alton Towers?

Splash Landings, Notting Hill get outta the way for the Carribean revelution! This hapyy spot has fun labelled all over it! Failing that, take a sight and a dive into the UK's best Waterpark: Cariba Creek.

TTFer's, the decision... is your's!

:firebounce:
Ant

Alton Towers Hotel everything about it is magical includeing the amazing t lifts and the hotel is very well themed I rate it higly over splash landings.
Adam

having not stayed in either, just had a look around both, i think Splash Landings is a better theme, but as service goes etc.. i couldnt comment... :)
Last edited by Adam on Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Anonymous

Splash Landings, although both are very good.

Cariba Creek is a huge bonus for SL, obviously. ;)

The rooms in Splash Landings ARE smaller than the ones in the AT Hotel, and the decor is a little...'in yer face'. :lol:

But what is true throughout not just Splash Landings - but every room, the corridors, the reception, restaurant, bar, shops etc, is the attention to detail - the theming, which is just first class. Nothing has been left untouched, nothing has been done half-arsed.
The AT Hotel is also themed, although this is more subtle. I prefer SL because its so vibrant and bright - it really is like a tropical paradise through and through and that hotel is a credit to AT and I don't think it gets ENOUGH credit for what it is.

Before I stayed in Splash Landings, I never thought a 'new' hotel could ever surpass the AT Hotel (more down to loyalty! :lol:), but it is brilliant.

The service in both hotels is fantastic - staff are friendly, helpful and efficient. I feel sorry for the staff in the AT Hotel, because their uniform is just lurid, but then it does add to the general theme of the place. It's very distinguished and kooky...but it doesn't jump in your face like SL does.

Food is just as bad in both hotels...over-priced and not great quality. SL offers an all-you-can-eat buffet for a ludicrous £18:95...great because you can eat as much as you want, and there's quite a wide variety on offer...but I could never eat 20-quids worth of food in one sitting! But because there is nowhere else to go, you have to eat - so very clever, Alton. :roll:
Secret Garden in AT Hotel is a very nice setting (not as nice as Flambos in SL), but it is a set menu. High prices for very pretentious meals - but you can pay £9 for a burger and chips if you want. :shock:

When I stayed at SL for our second night (we loved the hotel so much, we forked out for a second night within a few hours), we didn't want to pay near-on £20 for another meal, so looked at Secret Garden as our other option...and decided to fork out another £20. That might say something in favour of Flambos.

The bar in AT Hotel is quite plain - suave and sophisticated perhaps, but Ma Garritas at SL is flamboyant, does c0cktails (yum!), with a great family atmosphere and the entertainment on for kids was brilliant and had us adults joining in (well...Gashead - not me until I had sufficient drink inside me :P). I can't speak for the AT Hotel entertainment, but from what I have seen of it - it is just as good.

AT Hotel has the Spa, SL has Cariba Creek. SL wins. :P Craiba Creek is amazing - it's out of this world - this is a place an adult can come to relax in the jacuzzi, main pool, or even the rapids...but will end up feeling like a little kid again. The three rides - Rush, Rampage and the legendary MasterBlaster are intense, yet painless water slides - and that's just indoors. Outside is another pool and another slide.

The fun area (can't remember the name) is absolutely brilliant - like a children's playground with water flowing EVERYWHERE from all directions. Stand at a higher level, fill your buckets from all the trickles and pipes - and aim it at an unsuspecting person below you. But watch out, you may just get a drenching yourself!! It's brilliant fun, and the clanging of the massive wooden bucket at the top is so formidable it's exciting - the torrent of water flowing from that is brilliant and all goes with the great theme/story and the humid tropical atmosphere around you. Theming is great, the surroundings are top-notch and time will whizz by when you're here. I could drone on for ages about this.

In conclusion, SL all the way. AT Hotel does beat it with its lifts though. Lifts in both hotels are themed - SL has a blue and gold tropical sea/sand theme with flashing lights and up-tempo tropical music playing - we always had a boogie for the 5 seconds we were in the lifts :P. But AT Hotel's lifts go dark and lights flash and various AT ride music plays. Magical. :D

Sorry about the poor structure of this post - I was doing it quickly. Go to Splash Landings! It rocks!! :D

:twisted: :P
Mankey

Well i thought the Secret Garden Restauraunt was better, i dunno why, i just enjoyed it more, everything in flambo's just seemed rushed plus a bit on the expensive side... then again i did go to SLH the year it opened 2 months after the collossal breakdown of the first few days. :lol:

I havent stayed at AT hotel yet, only SLH, but from what i saw, if cariba creek wasnt in SLH i would have prefered AT
Back from hibernation!
plasticboy

Well, its a close one, but it has to be Splash Landings! The caribean theming and atmosphere is always buzzing. Flambo's restaurant is amazing, the food is out of this world! Its even better when you get a view overlooking the waterpark!

AT hotel is a bit too plain for me. A little too dull in the daytime. Although things liven up in the evening, SLH is lively all day!
canon man

Sl anyday as AT hotel is looking old and the rooms need updating and the bathrooms just look at these

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/ ... C02020.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/ ... C02019.jpg
Anonymous

Oh no. Not limescale :shock:

:firebounce:
Liam

Ooh, that ceiling is quite bad, did you tell reception?
Anonymous

I would say alton towers hotel because its got a great atmosphere and although very good splash landings seems a bit taccy to me.
Anonymous

Splashlandings!

The whole place is buzzing and lovely the lights the music. It is a amazing hotel.
Peterwittland

I haven't stayed in the Alton towers hotel yet but the regular rooms look quite plain from pics ive seen.

The rooms at splash landings are nicer and more colourful. If I did want to stay at the Alton towers hotel I would pay extra money to stay in a suite, You get stuff like a jacuzzi bath and free merchandise. I also want to know if you get Xcelarator tickets when you stay in the suites cos my mate said you do.

p.s - does anyone know how much 2 nights in a suite costs, the AT website says you have to book by phone which costs like 10 quid a call the amount of time you spend waiting to hear an operator. :cry:
FAT PEOPLE ARE HARDER TO KIDNAP!
TenZero

Splash landings is so much better, the rooms are brighter, cleaner and much more fun! The Alton Towers hotel is ok, but Splash Landings is much better!
sammie04

I love them both very much but I would have to say Alton Towers Hotel.

I like Splash Landings it has brilliant theming and a nice atmosphere and the water park gives it an extra bonus. The hotel makes it feel like you are in the caribbean. Although I think that it can sometimes be a bit loud and that the bedroom theming is a bit too bright :lol: .

Alton Towers Hotel is better because it is the orginial hotel and it gives you a magic feeling. I aggree that the rooms definately need a makeover but they still give you a nice relaxed feeling.The spa is a nice addiction to the hotel and the lifts make it that little bit more special. It is quieter and a bit more relaxing and I've always loved the hotel since my childhood :D
youdontscareme

I absoloutely LOVE staying in the SL hotel, it is fun, relaxed and has great theming. I love the way the rooms are designed, and also accessing each area of the hotel is pretty easy.
I can't say much about the AT hotel, having never actually satyed there myself, but from walking through it briefly etc it seems much more formal and serious. The rooms are pretty bland, unless you happen to stay in the Oblivion themed room, which is great!
I love the SL hotel, and the music theming and everything. Especially Cariba Creek!
:twisted:
You Know You LOVE It
It Pains Me To Say It, But I Am Officially A Keshi Head

ImageImage
themeparkfreak

I prefer AT hotel personally, has more magic to it.
Nemesis 4 eva

For everything except the lifts, suites and restaraunt i'd say splash landings, its more vibrant, its newer, and as a bonus you can see either Air or Cariba creek from your room! However you just cant beat the AT hotels lifts, the SL lifts are good (one of my mates said apparantly he has a video of me dancing to the lift music after having to many coctails in Maagaritas bar) but for an AT enthusiast the AT lifts are unbeatable.

p.s - does anyone know why they play TP's detonator music sometimes? ive always wanted to know that.
Adz
Admin
Admin

p.s - does anyone know why they play TP's detonator music sometimes? ive always wanted to know that.
Because before that music was used at Thorpe Park, it was used on the blackhole at Alton Towers.