Where do you head first?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

Where do you head first?

Poll runs till Sat Jun 02, 2040 9:26 pm

Adventure Land or Cred Street
7%
Forbidden Valley or Gloomy Wood
50%
Hex or Katanga Canyon
4%
Mrrie England or Old McDonald\'s farm
4%
Storybook Land or Towers Street
1%
Ug Land or X-Sector
34%
The Gardens
1%

Total votes: 141
Anonymous

When you first get in the park, people go to their fav ride, what do you do? And leave your comment on what ride in that section you go on?
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomofthetowers

I usually go to Air as that usually has the longest queue of the major rides but it may be worth going to Katanga Canyon first because everyone who visits the park is liely to go on The Flume and The River Rapids. My favoruite ride is Oblivion but I've never queued for more than three quaters of an hour for it.
Adam

I USUALLY HEAD TO THE GARDENS (LOL) IM SOO FUNNY!! :roll:

read these please: http://towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5131 :roll:
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
bond231

please don't use capitals it annopying and against the rules, but i usually go to FV
Satch

OH JOY

Forbidden valley, where else would you want to go? Start at the back and work your way forwards
Anonymous

Forbidden valley then to uggland then X sector then to spinball then Merry england then Katanga canyon then then Gloomy wood then onto forbidden valley again if theres time for last ride on nemesis :D well thats what normally happens when i go
Anonymous

FV - getting a ride on Nemesis and Air is the most important and as Air tends to build up the biggest queue throughout the day, we usually go for that first. Once we've done FV, we head to Gloomy Wood, Katanga Canyon, Merrie England, X-Sector, Hex and UG Land occasionally. Then back to FV. Generally get a ride on everything we want! :D

:twisted: :P
Sazzle

Woah, serious case of caps here!

It looks messy, takes longer to load, and is perceived as shouting - don't do it, please. *Remembers her manners through gritted teeth*

Case now changed,
Sarah
Lizbeth

I tend to head for FV to get at least one ride of Air and Nemmy before it gets too busy, then work my way round through GW and KC.
but that may all change once RITA is open. As a trip up to UG land may take priority.
\"It\'s not about winning or losing; it\'s about how drunk you get\"!
Anonymous

I start at X-Sector as, it is quite quiet in the mornings because like the poll suggests everbody heads of to Forbidden Valley or Gloomy Wood.
Anonymous

It really depends on how early you get there. Some people who live hundreds of miles away don't arrive at AT until midday, gone midday, and in this case, I should imagine its best to leave FV until the end of the day...

:twisted: :P
Williscroft

I always go to X-Sector first to go on Oblivion, gets the hart pumping at the start of the day :D Most people tend to go from area to area that are next to each other but because im a single rider and dont have to worry about the Qs i just go were ever i fancy next, im back and forward all day.
Satch

I find myself in FV for nemmie first, then join the ever building queue for Air, ripsaw and maybe Blade, and then skyride over to Ugland but go straight to X-Sector, maybe stopping at Hex along the way, for Oblivion, Black Hole (RIP) :(, and Enterprise, then lunch in Pizza Hut, and then long walk/run over to Merrie England for Flume, then katanga Canyon, Duel, and then finish the day in FV again. With Rita, I imagine things will always change.

I always tend to rush things as Im always worried I wont ride everything in the day, even though I usually get on everything at least twice!
Anonymous

It goes...

Adventure Land ( but just for Spinball)
X-Sector
Ug-Land
Forbidden Valley
Gloomy Wood
Katanga Canyon
Merrie England

:D
Jay12

I like to head for the wet rides first usually then dry of on the roller coasters.
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
timmy1372

oblivion first and last every time for me, gets the ball rolling nicely and a good end to the day to. :D
ripsawfan

I always end up at FV first, Seen as we don't go to AT that much and when we do go we stay in the Hotel and from the hotel if you go on the woodland walk to the park that's where you end up. :)
[font color=blue]Brin[/font][font color=aqua]g bac[/font][font color=lime]k rips[/font][font color=green]aw\'s fount[/font][font color=red]ains now![/font] Check out www.freewebs.com/atowersfrenzie
stokywolf

First thing Rita! Saves Queing later in the day for the ride and also Queing for front.
Used to head straight for Forbidden valley but not no more!*geeky laugh* 8) :lol:
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Anonymous

I usually head straight to Forbidden Valey, to get on Nemesis and Air before the queues become 1:30 hrs +
Anonymous

X-Sector, to give me a pleasant wake up on Oblivion