General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Lizbeth

Shes looking good! im loving the song thats on the video too!
Cant wait till shes open to the public.
\"It\'s not about winning or losing; it\'s about how drunk you get\"!
Philman

Loved the vid :D And the groovy music :D What did you email them Matt?
What a fad.
jpecool

[quote=""selb""][quote=""Dom C""]Oh yeah. heh oops... let me guess the air in the hyraulic chambers pushes the car down the track?[/quote]
there is no aire in hydraulics... as air can be compressed n it would be spongey... no goot for a launch, it uses hydrolic grade oil[/quote]

Air is very good for launching!!! Have you never heard of the S&S compressed air system using the compressor and Accumulator etc!!! S&S use it on many of their rides, including their launched coasters, the Space Shots, and even the Sky Swat (it is used to push the arm upwards before it starts to rotate). Compressed air has been used to make some of the fastest accelerating rides in the world Selb, including Hypersonic XLC at Paramounts Kings Dominion, which has a launch of 0-80 mph in only 1.8 seconds. This was one of the first major launched coasters that didnt use LSM's or LIM's to launch the train. This was built by S&S. They then beat this acceleration on the Donponda coaster at Fuji-Q highland Park Japan, which has an astounding launch of 0 - 106.9 mph in 1.8 seconds! These S&S launched coasters have some of the most intense launches in the world apparently and a very scary hissing sound (the Space shots also do this too, it is when the ride is compressing the air, which will then be released quickly. This then pushes a piston either upwards or downwards, which then pulls on the cable attatched to the car. This propels the car suddenly upwards or downwards), i have never ridden one myself though! :-( But the S&S Space shots and Power Towers also use this Compressed air system to launch the cars to maximum potential, both upwards and downwards. Most will have experienced one of these launches, so will know how good they are. :D Sorry i just had to share that information i remember, i found it out after riding my first S&S ride. :lol: :roll: Anyway Ritas Good. :lol: :roll:

EDIT: Great Video!!! :lol: :lol: :D :D

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
Jay12

For your age mate, you no a bloody lot :clap: :clap:
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
Locker

I've noticed that before now! Amazing knowledge mate :clap:

Regards,
Mark
Ryan

I am really liking the testing videos.
All so there are a few more photos on ATA.

:)
Crofty

Stood, near rita I thought she wasn't as fast is I imagined, but when we saw her from across the valley by the FV skyride station she looked much faster. , That airtime hill is going to be great!

Just wondering why it has the 1.4 metre height restriction, I would of thought that because it doesn't go upside down and you will be pinned to the seat it would be suitable for a shorter hight restriction.
Any Ideas??

:D :D
jpecool

Hmmm i think its for 2 reasons really! Them airtime hills are really gonna push you out of you seat you know, so with so much room in them restraints for a small person i think they have given it the restriction of 1.4m in account of this. Then also in a way i have to agree with you Rita doesnt need the restriction of 1.4m, i thought it might be a 1.2m ride! But maybe they have placed it as a precaution kind of thing (im not sure :lol: ) so when people see the 1.4m height restriction they will KNOW the ride is intense, and it is one of the big rides in the park. With a smaller restriction, it may not seem as scary! I'm probably totally wrong, lol! :lol:
For your age mate, you no a bloody lot
I've noticed that before now! Amazing knowledge mate

Regards,
Mark
If these quotes were aimed at me thankyou very much! :D :D :D If they werent i will go and hide in a corner embarressed! :oops: :lol: I have been a fan of coasters for 10 years! So nearly all my life! :o :D

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
Rita 2005

[quote=""croftybaby""]Just wondering why it has the 1.4 metre height restriction, I would of thought that because it doesn't go upside down and you will be pinned to the seat it would be suitable for a shorter hight restriction. Any Ideas?.[/quote]The fact that it doesn't go upside down is not the only consideration when deciding what a rides height restriction should be. The forces exerted on the passengers during a ride are also taken into account, and since Rita pulls a maximum of 4.7g's, it was always going to be a 1.4m ride.
Bailey

i agree with Rita 2005 there, i also think that its the G's that makes it the 1.4m restriction!
Phil

The cave games steel structure seemed to be progressing fast. Most of the landscaping has also been done. With the area around Ug-swinger and the final turn/maintenance shed area of rita being the only areas with things to do. Through-out yesterday the workers seemed to be concentrating on things underneath the station. :) I'll get the photos taken yesterday up soon.
scargill

Does anybody have any more information on thw "video wall" that was supposed to be going up on the hydraulics building...scrapped I guess?
Phil

Apparantly, ideas are circulating about a glass window in the hydraulics building, so the visitors can watch all the hydraulic equipment work as a train is launched. This might be linked to the 'video wall' idea, i'm not sure!
Satch

Yes, I was thinking about the Information Wall today, does anyone know whats of this? As it appears to be garage doors where this wouldve been at the moment, with the no parking painted on them
Phil

http://www.towersalmanac.com/features/r ... 13/03.html

^ The photo which talks about the 'glass window' idea.. :)
TenZero

This is what i emailed them:
Is there gonna be Hotel Priority Pass for Rita, becuase I have seen pictures of a Priority Pass queue but some people are saying Rita wont have Hotel
Priority Pass access. Does it or does it not?
Matt
and got a reply today (very speedy) saying:
Dear Matt, for those visitors staying in the hotel, priority will be
permitted from 25th of March to 'RIDE RITA'
Thankyou for Your enquiry
The Contact Centre
So hotel visitors have priority access to Rita!!!!!!
Yay :D
Adam

ah so dose this mean there will be no priority after that date? :?
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Bailey

i will still go on that Date to see if i can get on or not neway! *HOPES*
Dom1991

[quote=""Phil""]http://www.towersalmanac.com/features/r ... 13/03.html

^ The photo which talks about the 'glass window' idea.. :)[/quote]

I'd like it if they did the glass window it'd be intersting for those who wish to know how the launch works.
Rita 2005

[quote="".:Adam:.""]Ah so does this mean there will be no priority after that date? :?[/quote]From Friday 25th March to Thursday 31st March, Rita is avaliable for all park guests to ride, however because it is the first week of operation Hotel Guests will be given priority to "Test Drive" Rita. Non hotel guests will have to join the normal queue, but because of the nature of a new ride with technical problems, no one is actually guranteed a ride, and the queue will not be allowed to grow too long, so the Queue may be closed well before the park ride close time. Even if the queue is closed early Hotel Guests will still be allowed to use their priority access until the ride closes for the day. If there are any problems and some hotel guests are not able to ride Rita then their whole party will be given free park tickets to be used before the end of June this year.

After 31st March there will be no hotel priority passes, hotel guests will have to join the main queue like everyone else, and SRQ will be avaliable.