General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Josh

[quote=""Locker""]That's the one LiftHill.de had :)

Regards,
Mark[/quote]
aah rite had never seen that, with the link being down :wink:
Makusu

Thanks for the video :P
Anonymous

Topic merged with the existing Rita topic...;)

:twisted: :P
Williscroft

Ahhh i loved that sound clip, ive got it on my phone. It made things so tense :D "are you ready for the final count down" keep ya heads back and hold on tight, the tension is mounting, GO GO GO" :D just that when i would there it didnt say mounting, it just got as far out mount and then went GO GO GO lol. Why they pay money to have these things made and then dont use them i dont know :( Its things like that that stick in people minds and remind them of Alton Towers. I woulder if they will ever be played again :?: :(
Anonymous

I'd prefer a more Uugy one to be made. After all, it is Ug-Land!

It is a good asset nevertheless though, and I'm sure it'll be back! Would be hard to keep something going for so long without any technical difficulties.

:firebounce:
Jon

[quote=""Dom C""]I didn't think it would what with it being a racing theme.[/quote]

yer i dont really get the theme. Its drag racing but whats that got to do with dinosaurs?
Formerly "Dagoo"
kalvaza

Errrr, dinosaurs mabye raced each other in chaved-up motors at one point in history?
Satch

It doesnt have ANYTHING to do with dinosaurs. Rita is a drag car taking part in the Thunder Rock Rally - a race which just so happens to have UgLand as its setting. Imagine the Monaco grand prix - Formula 1 has nothing to do with a small kingship in the middle of France, but it is set there...
timmy1372

Does seem a little random as a setting but it works for me.

Those vids are quality, it always amazes me how willing people are to risk losing there very expensive cameras on fairly extreme rides amd then fight to hold it still, still i suppose the straps on most cameras are pretty good these days.

I think it was an easy place to put a Coaster for 2005, better like it is than not at all I reckon :D
Anonymous

Why do alton towers make perfectly innocent people que 2 hours for rita but for the other popular rides you can get a fastrack and que 5 minutes can some one please explain this as it doesnt make sense to me
Anonymous

Topic merged with Rita topic...:)

:twisted: :P
Rita 2005

[quote=""joelew2010""]Why do Alton Towers make perfectly innocent people queue 2 hours for Rita, but for the other popular rides you can get a fastrack and queue 5 minutes can some one please explain this as it doesnt make sense to me[/quote]Because the other rides with Fastrack have an hourly capicity almost twice that of Rita, and since the Rita Trains only carry 20 passengers unlike Air & Nemesis which can carry 32, the effect on the main queue would be to slow it down to a crawl.
Williscroft

I was just wondering, with people saying that Ritas launch has been incresed so it covers an extra meter per second, what is the top speed now and dose any one know why it was increased. Also is there any signs of the smoke and the whole sound effects coming back on as they make the whole experience so much better :?: :)
Shadowrider

24th August: Sound effects were on, GO GO GO!! Except, you can only actually hear the first 'GO' 'cos by the time the others are shouted, you're miles away. I love the way they shift you forwards a bit and play revving noises and stuff. Brilliant! Front row seats the second time, too!! I didn't see smoke, but I didn't really care.

And the queue was 45 minutes at most all day.
Me? Adrenaline junkie? Never *whistles and stares at ceiling*

*Wills Black Hole to return...*
Williscroft

Well just got back from the park and Ritas full sound effects were on :D "Are you ready for the final countdown, get them engines reving, GO GO GO :D Also for most of the day the lights were in perfect timeing, just went a bit wrong about midday but its a start. Still no smoke but im shure that will be sorted some time soon :D
Adz
Admin
Admin

The smoke cannot be run and will not be on again.

It obscures the operators view of the second train approaching the station therefor making the ride unsafe to operate.
Williscroft

Shurely they would of thought about that befor installing them and if they now know this shouldnt they unistall them, maybe use them on a diiferent ride/park. Im shure someone said on here they were just simpley broken and would be working again when they are fixed.
Rita 2005

[quote=""Adz-TTR""]The smoke cannot be run and will not be on again.

It obscures the operators view of the second train approaching the station therefor making the ride unsafe to operate.[/quote]That is incorrect, the problems with the lights and smoke machines are apparently being caused by the electro-magnetic field generated when the trains pass through the magnetic brakes section above the station. Whilst the smoke obviously slightly reduces the Ride Operators view of the platforms, its not enough to affect the safe operation of the ride. If the problem with the field can be fixed, the smoke will be back.
Williscroft

I knew i had herd it off someone before :D Hopefuly it will be back on then but how their going to solve the problem is going to be a tricky one :? Their probably just letting the ride settle in properly first and not bother to much with the effect at the moment :)
Anonymous

Rita isn't good enough. She's a 1 trick pony - once you've ridden her (ahem) then it's just never the same again - w o r s t coaster in the park (corkscrew not included XD)

To make Rita better she needs more track elements, or just a more thrilling ride path - figure of 8 ? 2005 ? ... get real