General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Marshy

[quote=""andrewsnick""]I know there will be a list somehwere, but does anybody know the list of songs used for Rita?[/quote]

Some are here http://towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6053
St Helens - 2006 Clean Sweep Champions and so far 2007 World Club Champions.
Nick

Anybody know why the start lights werent working all day today? Also, have AT decided to scrap the tyre smoke on the launch?
Williscroft

[quote=""andrewsnick""]Anybody know why the start lights werent working all day today? Also, have AT decided to scrap the tyre smoke on the launch?[/quote]

I dont think there going to scrap the smoke, its already installed and a great feature to the ride so i dont see any need to remove it and its no harm to any one as its not the same as the smoke at your discos. I cant remember what james ( manager ) actualy said but i think he said it was water based :)
Nick

Also, whats with the launch and voice over syncing? Is that just teethig, because if it is, couldn't it have been sorted in the past 2 weeks it has been open?
Sazzle

I think it's trial and error - I've only experienced a few out of sync launches, the majority have been fine (concerning the voice over). However, the light sync needs to be improved - I've only witnessed a few where the lights have been working. I like to look at the lights as a signal for the launch, it detracts from the ride if they're not right!

I expect they'll be fixed with time :)
Nick

I dont think the lights bothered me that much yesterday, there were a few launches that were in sync with the voice over, but the majority of them were out
martini500

The lights and smoke weren't working when I was there on the 11th but the sound effects were all fine so it didn't bother me too much
jpecool

The souns were working when i was there, but neither the smoke or the lights worked, and the launch was slughtly out of sync with the sounds on my 1st launch. we went on the first "go" instead of the 3rd :roll: :lol:
Last edited by jpecool on Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
Wes

I think it can be expensive to use the smoke all the time so wait until holidays or special events and they will probably more than likely be on then!

As for the lights, I think because one is out they arnt putting the others on! :roll:
Anonymous

The smoke was in use today but lights are switched off. rita also closed at 2.30 due to a major technical fault , there was a team working on alot of wires on the launch section at around 4.30pm (and had been since it was closed) when i passed on the cable car
daboywunda

for the first trains of the day (one of which i was on) on the 13th, RITA was launching on the first of the "go"(s), yet later in the day, a few were launching on the last "go". So, was wondering whether it should be the first or last "go"? The smoke from behind was working too, but alas, no lights. Which I assume would be lighting up when there is no voice-over (although, without the lights created an amazing suspense!)

Also, I think that an improvement to RITA would be if you were launched THROUGH a cloud of smoke as opposed to infront of it. I appretiate why there is smoke behind it, but still think that for excitement of the ride, there should be a cloud infront of it so you can't see the track infront until after launch, when you realise just how fast you are going!
nemesis_mad_becky
Location: Coventry, West Midlands, United Kingdom, Planet Earth...

[quote=""daboywunda""]Also, I think that an improvement to RITA would be if you were launched THROUGH a cloud of smoke as opposed to infront of it. I appretiate why there is smoke behind it, but still think that for excitement of the ride, there should be a cloud infront of it so you can't see the track infront until after launch, when you realise just how fast you are going![/quote]

I agree with you there daboywunda

and I think it would be better if it launches on the first "go" :-k
I don\'t use this anymore, I have a new username its cheeky_becky

myspace
jpecool

[quote=""jamie""]The smoke was in use today but lights are switched off. rita also closed at 2.30 due to a major technical fault , there was a team working on alot of wires on the launch section at around 4.30pm (and had been since it was closed) when i passed on the cable car[/quote]

yeah one of the copper aloy fins had a fault and would not rise above the, launch so was not interfearing with the rides launch and magnetic field. Heres Pictures

http://www.ukridesvideos.myqth.co.uk/co ... tabust.JPG

http://www.ukridesvideos.myqth.co.uk/co ... abust1.JPG

But now shes up and running again! :D

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
Marshy

[quote=""jpecool""][quote=""jamie""]The smoke was in use today but lights are switched off. rita also closed at 2.30 due to a major technical fault , there was a team working on alot of wires on the launch section at around 4.30pm (and had been since it was closed) when i passed on the cable car[/quote]

yeah one of the copper aloy fins had a fault and would not rise above the, launch so was not interfearing with the rides launch and magnetic field. Heres Pictures

http://www.ukridesvideos.myqth.co.uk/co ... tabust.JPG

http://www.ukridesvideos.myqth.co.uk/co ... abust1.JPG

But now shes up and running again! :D[/quote]

Posing mechanic! :P
St Helens - 2006 Clean Sweep Champions and so far 2007 World Club Champions.
TenZero

Posing mechanic
Yeah doesnt he look happy lmao :| :lol:
Williscroft

daboywunda, I know what you mean about the smoke and i did think when i was there wouldnt it be good to launch through the smoke but then it wouldn't look like the car was reving and burning ruber would it. After doing the front and middle a few times me and Wayne decided to go on the back and you are actualy in the smoke when you launch if you sit in the back seats which was cool :D .
mphillips16

i was at the park today and rita was working and that ride is wicked what a rush this ride is up there with the big three plus the smoke was working today now and again but one side of the launching lights werent working i went in the single rider as the nomal q was 1hr maybe more it took me about 45 mins.
planned trips this year
Alton Towers
Fantasy Island
Pleasure Island
Bottons Pleasure Beach
Flamingo land
Vik

Thought rita was fantastic when I rode it wednesday. I too used the single rider, was fine early on, only a couple of peeps using it, but later on had reached 1/2 way down the stairs, and took me 30 mins at least to get to the front, not helped by the fact that many trains were going round with empty seats because the op in charge of loading guests hardly ver bothered to check.

Think my limit on single rider would be if the queues at the bottom of the stairs, guess that would be at least 45 mins or more.

The smoke was working fine, most of the day, lights wernt working, and the go go go was out of sync, sometimes would shoot off after first 'go', other times a couple of seconds after the last 'go', the suspense was just to much :D
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

mphillips16

i have just watched back a video that i took of rita from the sky ride and just as the skyride goes over the station all the lights were on then they go green the train shoots off and as soon as it does smoke appears it looks great looks like they have fixed the lights i have have nowhere to put it up so i cant show everybody it but it looks good
planned trips this year
Alton Towers
Fantasy Island
Pleasure Island
Bottons Pleasure Beach
Flamingo land
Javs

Went to the park yesterday and RITA was not working first thing. We went back after lunch and she was working well, with smoke, lights and sound effects. What a great ride! I still think Nemesis is 1, Rita comes joint 2nd in my oppinion with Oblivion for the Rush Factor! A great addition to the park. Looking forward to the next AT development!