General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Wes

Can someone please tell me where I can download the launch sound effects for Rita?!

:D

Cheers Muggins
Marshy

I doubt you'll get what you want, the ride is brand new!
St Helens - 2006 Clean Sweep Champions and so far 2007 World Club Champions.
Rita_05

I did get to go on rita after an hour an a half! But the q was worth it though
latest alton trip (2nd april 2006) went on:
Rita: 2 nemesis: 1 Air: 2 Oblivion: 4 Spinball: 1 Corkscrew: 1 Ripsaw: 1
Nick

How does the acceleration compare to oblivions?? Because oblivion does 60mph, and its at that speed quite quickly isnt it? But i suppose RITA is a completely different experiance
Wes

Oblivion is actualy faster ... on the drop its 62mph but its nothing campaired to Rita.
She launches at 60mph but in a much faster time than Oblivion :)
Satch

I dont know why people keep comparing Rita to Oblivion just because they reach similar speeds. Oblivion reaches its speed by dropping due to gravity, a continually acting force giving the train momentum, meaning it experiences an accleration of 9.81m/s2, or 1g. This is totally different to Rita, which reaches its top speed on lainch due to the single point force propelling it forwards at 1.5g's or whatever, so it will actually feel more intense, with a slightly larger accleration than Oblivions drop.

You cant realistically compare a launch to freefall
Williscroft

I would say Oblivion is more about the fact that your going face first to the ground at a speed thats so impressive, with Rita the launch seems faster than Oblivion and James (manager) said its about 62-63mph. Yes Oblivion is shocking when you drop but you kind of get prepaird for it because of hanging over the edge waiting to drop, with Rita its a sudden launch and it takes your breath away. Like ive been saying in other topics Rita and Oblivion are in joint first place for me but they are both there for different reassons. To me it feels like Rita is faster :)
Nick

What about the 4.5g on RITA, where abouts on the ride is that experianced?? The first turn?
Coasternut

This is purely based on what I felt, but the place where I felt the most positive G is the second corner as it's very tight and you enter it at high speed after the 1st airtime hill. You are really pushed into your seat and your hands are forced right back!
Williscroft

Yer that second corner is very forceful but personaly i found the launch the most forcefull. The second corner is very tight like Coasternut, said which helps with the force :D
MagicTowers

I rode Rita they day before she opened, it was fantastic! My favourite ride in the park, we only queued about 10 minutes for the back and about 20 for the front, due to the fact they were filming some band on it, and a program called Desperate Housewives on channel 5, (which i managed to get filmed riding Rita and dancing in the q :lol: )
jpecool

I rode it today!!!!!!! twice. It was fanatastic, as good as nemesis in my opinion!! The launch is great, much more forceful than anything i have ever felt i think, i really got pushed back into my seat, and my arms got pushed back when i had them in the air. :roll: :lol: Also the ride offers fantastic airtime!!!! You really do come out of your seat, although on one of the times i rode i was stapled which spoilt it a bit, but the other time i had plenty of room to move! :D You get some very good positive Gs too dont you and that first turn is very cool. :D

Also, did anyone else go today, was it me or did nemesis feel like it was running a whole lot faster???? :D Anyway, i have load sof rita footage, and footage of the other rides so i am about to make an alton towers video. Hopefully it will be about 4 minute to 6 minutes long, but thats just estimating.

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
Williscroft

Glad you liked it jpecool, , youve been so excited for the past few days about going on it and it dosent sound like you were disapointed one bit :D When i went on it even though i did it 6 times because it was in the test drives they were ramming you in your seat, you realy couldnt move so felt little air time at all but i can imagen just how much there is and hopefully when i next go ill try and not let them push the restraint in to much. I even sat forward once so they wouldnt push it back so far but they pushed me back with it :shock: I was like noooooooo i want air time but owell it was still a great ride :lol: . Are the two cars working now and was it running smoothly. Look forward to seeing your vid soon :)
jpecool

[quote=""williscroft""]Glad you liked it jpecool, , youve been so excited for the past few days about going on it and it dosent sound like you were disapointed one bit :D When i went on it even though i did it 6 times because it was in the test drives they were ramming you in your seat, you realy couldnt move so felt little air time at all but i can imagen just how much there is and hopefully when i next go ill try and not let them push the restraint in to much. I even sat forward once so they wouldnt push it back so far but they pushed me back with it :shock: I was like noooooooo i want air time but owell it was still a great ride :lol: . Are the two cars working now and was it running smoothly. Look forward to seeing your vid soon :)[/quote]

Yes the 2 cars were running very smoothly. :D :D :D Which is very good news. Although the smoke and the lights were not working, and the "go, go, GO" was not always in time. For example the first time i went on, we launched at the 3rd GO, but the 2nd time, we launched very unexpectedly right at the beginning ofthe first go. I was like :yikes: :yikes: , but i still had me hands up! :D I will post my Onride photo in another topic or something.

BTW if you want airtime, i have learnt a trick, well it aint really a trick, but never mind :lol: When the ride assitants are about to come and push your restraint right down, place your hand in between your restraint and the top of your leg. When the ride assistant pushes the retsraints down, it hurts your hand alot, and it can be quite a struggle releasing it from under the restraint, but if you manage it, it gives that little bit of room to allow you to come out of your seat a bit! :D

BTW i didnt just like it, i loved it!!!!!!!!!! :D I will definately be riding thorpes when they get it. :D

Uncle_Adolph

I would love to go on it now, but were waiting until the queues shorten a little, although we may go sometime in the next 2 weeks. Otherwise I'll be waiting for ages...... and ages.... still waiting.....

-Ben
jpecool

The queues were not that long when i went. The board reckoned the queue was 120 minutes, but i got on in about half an hour to 45mins, and the ride had broken down for about 10 minutes in the time i was queueing too! So the queues are not really that long at the moment.

nuttysquirrel

Ok i'm REALLY confused! I was watching TV and the alton towers advert came on, but it was saying "Camilla Queen of Speed" and the thing he was holding was saying Camilla aswell! :?
Theme Park Domination...Coming soon!
Crofty

[quote=""nuttysquirrel""]Ok i'm REALLY confused! I was watching TV and the alton towers advert came on, but it was saying "Camilla Queen of Speed" and the thing he was holding was saying Camilla aswell! :?[/quote]

He he , The name was changed today to celebrate the Royal Wedding.

:D :D
nuttysquirrel

[quote=""croftybaby""][quote=""nuttysquirrel""]Ok i'm REALLY confused! I was watching TV and the alton towers advert came on, but it was saying "Camilla Queen of Speed" and the thing he was holding was saying Camilla aswell! :?[/quote]

He he , The name was changed today to celebrate the Royal Wedding.

:D :D[/quote]Oh! Thats really silly! I take it its changing back tho...
Theme Park Domination...Coming soon!
jpecool

BTW people i have a 19.9mb video of Rita. It isnt great quality, and sorry to you people without broadband, there is only one version at the moment. :( I just finished making it with all my footage of rita i got. It doesnt actually use up all the footage, and it lasts about 2 and a half minutes. But i have nowhere to host it at the moment so i cant upload it anywhere. :(