Nemesis - Has it been left to rot?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
phillipvass

Now I know this coaster is suppose to look like it's been bashed about a bit, but i think now it's starting to suffer from neglect, the path was so much better when it wound around, now the fence to that it rusting away and overgrown, and the nemesis monster itself is looking a bit tatty. Also the blood river isn't working, I hope Alton get these problems fixed in the near future, and bring back the nemesis that I remember
Last edited by phillipvass on Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spinwhizzer

Yes I agree its a shame! Hopefully they will do something about it soon, but if htey do it wont be a big tidy up, maby a station re-paint. I doubt we will ever see the waterfalls working again!
richardlerwill3

Nemesis looked awful in 2004, it certainly needs doing up. It's considered one of the best themed coasters in the world, yet Alton Towers don't seem to care, they haven't been looking after it well at all when it certainly needs it.
Anonymous

While Nemesis IS supposed to look a bit rough and ready...there are very obvious differences between this being simulated and it actually being real neglect...and I think perhaps AT have started to...errr 'believe' Nemesis' own hype about it being such a great coaster and perhaps left it to its own devices in some aspects. The litter everywhere, chipped paintwork, dirty station (inside and out), chewing gum is EVERYWHERE on the monster and of course, the defunct river of blood. It needs a good clean-up and fix-up to restore it to the Nemesis we know, love and miss!

:twisted: :P
loop_the_loop

A good general tidy up, bit of painting, steam cleaning and plastic re-moulding of certain parts of the beast would improve it a lot. And I only wish that they have cut down the bush that overgrows into the queue line from the entrance of the now non-used extra queue system (just before the station entrance).
.........Chance favours the prepared mind..........
phillipvass

I think there needs to be a bin outside, just before you enter the monster, that's where most of the chewing gum and crap is. :( I think 2004 should of been it's best year, rather than it's worst seeing as it was ten years old :( It saddens me to see it as it is
stokywolf

Well i think the rivers wil lwork again :D maybe because it has been on a different topic :P :P

But the state of the nemesis building is a shame.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Xx Rita xX
Location: In front of my computer, though I wish I was on AIR !

Yep :D Blood waterfalls are going to be working next year, Nemmy monster is getting a re-paint, new queue's for single riders. All will be good for Nemesis in 2005 season.

:)
Anonymous

a we tidy wouldn't go wrong and a paint job aswell
SW-Dave

i seem to be in a minority here, obviosly the cleaning of litter and chewing gum would be good, But i personally think that nemesis just gets better with age, I thinbk the rusted fences and overgrown abandonned paths look great, as well as the now dull paintwork.

A tidyup would be good, but the weathered, neglected and somewhat appocolyptic look is good IMO
Fanta

As long as the monster looks fresh and the blood waterfalls are kept clear of litter, I'm not to bothered about anything else.
Soph

Im sure alton towers WILL sort it out soon, it just needs a re-paint and a bit of a clean up, and it will return to its great self :)
Beaver Dude

Um it was sorted out already the monster was repainted (and I hear the rest of it'll get a repaint for 2006) and it's still pretty tidy.
plasticboy

it just needs a re-paint
The monster was painted for the 2005 season. If you mean you wish the track was painted, then yes i agree. I also wish all the large weeks growing out of the sides of the rocks were removed. Some say that it makes it look good, nut i dont. Nemesis will look more like a Garden Centre if it isnt sorted out. lol. :lol:
Beaver Dude

You obviously don't know much about weeds. If you pull them out they'll be back the next day.
Lauzi

I do agree Old Nemmy needs a fix-up. Especially all that chewing gum.
Last edited by Lauzi on Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
jord

went to alton in begining of october 2005, and nemesis does look pretty terrible and needs doing up and a good clean! but still the best ride there even though its the oldest
1st: Nemesis
2nd: Air
3rd: Rita
4th: Oblivion
Kenzie2012

Thought I'd bring this back into play....

As you can see, 6 1/2 years ago the general thoughts were that Nemmy was suffering from fatigue and of course neglect.
I think it's an all round observation now that the most popular ride on park has been left to rot away again ( and others too) It's falling apart..... I'm massively confused to why they would let this happen after the " king Nemesis" result last year.

I know it all boils down to budgets and cash, but how can they let this happen???? Really???

Thoughts from you guys - and any pictures woulda be good. I've not managed to get any of the areas that need work yet tbh.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
The Psychoaster

Merlin seem more concerned with investing in new rides rather than renovating older ones, which although is obviously a very good thing - does leave a lot of classic AT rides looking rather tired. To be honest I'd rather have an Oblivion repaint before Nemesis - it's looking awful these days whereas at least the rust on Nemesis can be attributed partly to the theming.
roary01

The Psychoaster wrote: Merlin seem more concerned with investing in new rides rather than renovating older ones, which although is obviously a very good thing - does leave a lot of classic AT rides looking rather tired. To be honest I'd rather have an Oblivion repaint before Nemesis - it's looking awful these days whereas at least the rust on Nemesis can be attributed partly to the theming.
I think i have to disagree here, im beginning to get bored of the "the rust/rundown look can relate to the theme" in Nemesis case the track is fine, that isn't the problem, but how many alien monsters are covered in moss, falling apart, peeling paint, layers of mould/slime (not slime relating to monsters either)...
It is  now gettin to the point where its needing work quite soon as it will get to the point where parts have to be totally replaced because of the time its been left without TLC... but at the end of the day Merlin will have to foot a bigger bill to repair it then..
Whereas although oblivion now is grey instead of black, i can just tolerate it, but in terms of the station exterior, its beginning to get like Nemesis and also needs work.
Truth is i don't see Merlin doing ANY repairs to either until something actually falls off the station/becomes unsafe...