Nemesis - Has it been left to rot?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
pixie-ro

Apologies for off topic, but this really confused me...was slightly concerned that I had actually travelled back in time for a few moments. And yes, I am easily confused (I once slept in my parent's spare room and thought I had gone blind when I woke up because it was very dark I couldn't see the time on the clock that is in my actual room!)  :?
TheRealRNixon

Kenzie2012 wrote: Thought I'd bring this back into play....

As you can see, 6 1/2 years ago the general thoughts were that Nemmy was suffering from fatigue and of course neglect.
I think it's an all round observation now that the most popular ride on park has been left to rot away again ( and others too) It's falling apart..... I'm massively confused to why they would let this happen after the " king Nemesis" result last year.

I know it all boils down to budgets and cash, but how can they let this happen???? Really???

Thoughts from you guys - and any pictures woulda be good. I've not managed to get any of the areas that need work yet tbh.
I couldnt agree more! Over the past few years I have always re-assured myself that the park would upgrade some of its existing attractions, now Im begging for it.

I know people on these forums have a constant debate about wheather or not Alton Towers/Merlin actually read what we are saying, but in this case I really do feel they need to. Instead of buying big new attractions Alton/Merlin really need to sort out some of the existing ones, sometimes I feel as though we dont need another Secret Weapon, but instead, have the money spent on re-newing existing rides they have within the park.

Im just hoping that at least oblivion will get a new paint job, and station redo with the coming of SW7 next year, as I feel it would just be aweful to walk into X-Sector and seeing a ride all new and shiny, and looking at oblivion as though its the ugly step-child in the courner. I feel in 2014 Alton NEEDS to spend there money on re-doing, re-painting some of its existing attractions, my main three being Nemesis, Oblivion and The Flume.

Sort it out Alton. Its embarrasing and sad to see.

p.s. pixie-ro that really made me laugh :lol:

- RyanNixon
@TheRealRNixon
NatOwls82

Is the red 'blood' waterfall still apparent on the Nemesis ride? It was flowing (i think) in 2010 when we last went
Looking forward to another visit on 10th July
lucky13

Nemisis river is still flowing but for me nemeisis looks great. I think its matter of opinion.
Thats how we roll SLIDERS
CoasterCrazyChris

It's not a matter of opinion.

It's either rotting or not.

And if it is, surely that can't be a good thing?
Ritadz

It is rotting, and this is mostly because M£rlin take great pride in not taking great pride in the state of their coasters. The station building is in a shadow of it's former self, and while I'm aware the ride is meant to look somewhat run down, it is just to bad a state nowadays.

Although I do personally think it's in a better state than Oblivion is in.

:no:
Benzin

I think the park's really need to look abroad and see what they do regarding upkeeping the existing rides...

Things don't have to be repainted every year, but every few years to ensure they don't get into a really bad state... But if it's not happened before Merlin, I doubt it will now...
aru

Just an observation - looking back a the topic in 2005 no one mentioned Tussauds when expressing disappointment with Nemesis being a mess. Now this and almost every topic gets the "M£rlin" treatment. I'm not saying Merlin are not to blame but it is interesting to see where blame is pointed..  :?
mrbrightside

Nemmys track looks fine - a re-paint would probably make it look pants... It would probably be done all in one colour and would lose what makes it special now...

The station however needs urgent work. I can see it just being left to rot though, at which point I can then see it just being removed and a tin shed left :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage
CoasterCrazyChris

I don't care what the theme is - no track or supports of any coaster, including Nemesis, should be left to get dirty.

It should all be expressed in the paintwork, not left to build up grime. No other top parks would ever let this happen.

The park looks appalling and has done for many years and I simply don't believe that the management can't find money to sort the problems out, they should be sorted before they even become problems.

Keeping things looking as they should is no luxury for goodness sake, it is keeping things as they should be.

Instead we get cheap rainbow coloured repaints because they are to lazy to get some proper creative artists in.
thefatone

To be fair to them, artists would cost a lot.. a hell of a lot.. to get stuff repainted.

Most of the park has been left to become it's current self, and to improve everything to its original standard would cost more than it's worth. Lego repainted almost its entire park over this winter, and cost itself a rumoured £750k.
CoasterCrazyChris

thefatone wrote: Lego repainted almost its entire park over this winter, and cost itself a rumoured £750k.
To do most of the park, that really isn't much.

Alton Towers really need £10-20 million to get the park up to standard. Unlikely.
PeteMadden

It's been there since 1994, leave the guy alone.

But I would love to see refurbishment, I just don't think its too big of an issue at the moment, I don't think the rides particularly aged a considerable amount.

Will be old fashioned in a few years though.
roary01

Hi
Just heading back after a day on park nemesis station is a Mess! Will post. pics when im back

Okay heres the pictures of the station taken today.. If you think this is looking okay then i really have to disagree...
[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8163/7167 ... _c.jpg[img]

Is it just me who thinks it really needs a repaint...
Last edited by roary01 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
Admin
Admin

I've seen it look alot worse.
CoasterCrazyChris

After years of neglect and dodgy repaints it barely resembles the fleshy living organism that it is supposed to resemble beause all the textured detailing (such as veins) have been lost.

:)
garyh

Its an alien, and aliens dont like being clean or having washes. 
Don't_Look_Down

Nemesis is certainly different to the ride of past years. For one, roughness means I can't ride Nemesis as much as I'd like to. I've also noticed sections of track covered in algae or other green slime. Not exactly visually appealing!
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
MattsDesigns

The test results for trying to disguise ride aging have started coming in  8)
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
CoasterCrazyChris

garyh wrote: Its an alien, and aliens dont like being clean or having washes.
Sounds like you're defending the park for their appalling lack of maintenance...