Oktoberfest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

As posted on TowersTimes social media, Alton Towers have added details of a brand new seasonal event to their website - Oktoberfest.

Running 18th - 20th, 25th - 27th September & 2nd - 4th October, the event is aimed at families and thrill seekers alike, and will include themed entertainment for all ages and food, all with a German twist.

Are you interested to hear more about the event? What do you think / hope will feature?

AaRrOoNn

I like that something different is happening, hope it doesn’t mean a lesser scarefest
Morgan

I love it already! I'm so glad to see that there's another entertainments based event as Scarefest and Fireworks are absolutely fabulous. I'm really looking forward to chilling out with a pretzel and watching the drunken antics!
Michelle

Morgan you have literally summed up my entire thoughts on this. Bring on the pretzels.
Dom

This is pretty cool. I wasn't expecting it and I have been side swiped by this. I'm actually really excited about this. Its slightly different and slightly random and I hope it does well. I hope it kind of has Winter Wonderland vibes but in  early Autumn :lol
Mr_Gibson

I think this has potential to be a good event and I’m certainly planning on being there. I’m hoping for some nice bratwurst and currywurst!
Dom

I can't be the only one hoping for little wooden huts around the place selling pretzels and Bratwursts etc. I mean, most Christmas markets don't need them until November, so they could easily rent them :lol
Swarm Chris

Dom wrote:I can't be the only one hoping for little wooden huts around the place selling pretzels and Bratwursts etc. I mean, most Christmas markets don't need them until November, so they could easily rent them :lol
Don't they have some of those ready to go over by the hotels? :sus:
Dom

Swarm Chris wrote:
Dom wrote:I can't be the only one hoping for little wooden huts around the place selling pretzels and Bratwursts etc. I mean, most Christmas markets don't need them until November, so they could easily rent them :lol
Don't they have some of those ready to go over by the hotels? :sus:
:lol
I mean, they could have an alternative use, but alas, not the ones I was thinking off :lol
SJW

Some coverage here: https://riderater.co.uk/7932/alton-towe ... niversary/

I'm looking forward to the details of the beer tents and food offerings etc. I hope it's not too small time, and that the selection of rides is decent!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

As posted on TowersTimes social media, Alton Towers have updated their opening times to extend and confirm the theme park closing times for the Oktoberfest event.

Having previously been only due to run over three Friday - Sunday periods in September and October, the event will now be every day from 11th September - 4th October. The theme park will open 10am - 6pm on Monday - Thursday, and 10am - 8:30pm on Friday - Sunday.

LittleReidy

I’m really hoping for pretzels and beer!
Melissa
Instagram - GingerFreckledGirl
Blog - www.GingerFreckledGirl.Wordpress.com
Liam.W

I say we start a petition for Olympia Looping to make an appearance for the true Oktoberfest experience :lol 
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Mr_Gibson

That would look great on the lawn in front of the towers!
OliverDav

That would be amazing! It would fit in so well
lewis97
Admin
Admin

TowersTimes News now has all the details on today's Oktoberfest announcements.

Dan

This past weekend Alton Towers launched their newest entertainment offering, the Oktoberfest Family Fun Festival.

Featuring two stages of live Bavarian entertainment alongside numerous food and drink options, Oktoberfest is fantastic fun for all the family.

TowersTimes News rounds up all the details. Prost!
Zach

Having been to this event twice now, I have been shocked both times. I'll be the first person to hold my hands up and say when I first heard about this I thought it would flop but having seen it and experience the event, I have been presently surprised. 

The street entertainment, although sometimes a little cheesy really adds to the atmosphere and dare I say it a little magic back to the park! The balance between alcohol and family entertainment I feel is done tastefully to get the essence of Oktoberfest but keeping to the family theme the resort is looking for.  
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Following its debut last year, Oktoberfest returned last weekend as the festivities for 2021 got underway! 🥨🍻

TowersTimes visited to see what changes and improvements the Resort have implemented to build on 2020’s successful event.

Did you experience Oktoberfest over opening weekend, or are you planning a visit to the event in the coming weeks?