Rate the Rollercoasters (2018 Edition)

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

Select your favourite Alton Towers rollercoaster!

Poll ended at Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:18 pm

Wicker Man
34%
Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure
No votes
The Smiler
18%
TH13TEEN
No votes
Rita
4%
Spinball Whizzer
No votes
Galactica
3%
Oblivion
4%
Nemesis
38%
Runaway Mine Train
No votes

Total votes: 77
MIR

1. Nemesis
  2. Oblivion
  3. Rita
  4. Wicker Man
  5. Th13teen
  6. Galactica (without VR)
  7. Spinball Whizzer
  8. Runaway Mine Train
  9. The Smiler
Sorry Smiler! I'm not the biggest fan of most of Gerstlauer's creations...  :lol
Stan.H

1. Wicker Man
2. Nemesis
3. The Smiler
4. Oblivion
5. TH13TEEN
6. Rita
7. Spinball Whizzer
8. Runaway Mine Train
9. Galactica (been on it once so far this season...)
10. Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure
vikkimoo

SO after yesterday's trip I need to shuffle my rankings around a little...
jlm2002

I'll rank the coasters I've been on so far:

1. Wicker Man- this ride has everything, the theming is great, it's speedy fast and it's easily my favourite woodie
2. Galactica- call me uninspired, but as well as the feeling of flight you get on the ride, I actually love the VR addition. the blue portal is a neat touch too. 
3. Oblivion- this ride is basically the definition of 'short but sweet'. the rush you get whilst on it is INSANE. I love the theme on it and to me, it's the perfect dive coaster.
4. Nemesis- controversial placing, I know. the ride's a classic and the overall coaster is very cool, but just like Inferno, you feel a bit queasy when you come off. one word to describe this: INTENSE.
--------------------------------
YET TO GO ON:

The Smiler
Rita
Th13teen
Spinball
Nickolai

1. Wicker Man
2. The Smiler
3. Nemesis
4. Oblivion
5. TH13TEEN
6. Galactica
7. Rita
8. Runaway Mine Train
9. Spinball Whizzer
Formally Smiler313
Doublethink

I am so happy that so many enthusiasts are rating W icker Man so highly. It really was the coster towers needed- liked by enthusiasts and families alike.

My ratings
1) Wicker Man- It has everything I could want from a coaster, fast, fun and great theming. Worth a 1+ hour queue.

2) Nemesis- A classic and intense though this year inferno at Thorpe had been running fantastically and (controversial opinion) I feel may slightly edge it. Especially since all its effects got fixed. Flying down the pre-drop into that smoke filled tunnel is fantastic in the dark on a 10pm close.

3) Oblivion- One of the few coasters that can give my shriveled adrrenles a kick and deliver a propper adrenaline rush. The slightly camp spacy themeing always entertains me and the drop has a great kick to it. Only complaint is how long you can get stuck on the break run if operations are poor. Please fix the smoke on the pit of Oblivion!

4) Thirteen- I enjoy this one every time. Liked by everyone generally though short. The show building section is great fun. Can see the Universal Studios Harry Potter themed intamin family with its copycat drop being worth a visit to try.

5) Galactica- A solid B&M flyer, enjoy it with and without VR. Swarm and Nemesis kick it's but for ride experience and strength of theming though.

6) Smiler- Mixed feelings, sometimes I have a good ride on this but sometimes have had a painful experience on section 2. Themeing was good however ride needs some TLC as some of it starting to look a bit run down. Better than its cousin Sore (sorry I mean Saw): the ride.

7) Rita- It's ok. Not a great fan of intamin accelerator coasters in general and this isn't a very interesting one in terms of layout or themeing.

8) Run Away MIne Train- Choo Choo!

9 ) Spinball- Looking forward to the death and replacement of Spinball. I just find it so rough now and the break run on this is a real inducer of whiplash!
Dom

1 - Oblivion 
2 -  Nemesis
3 - Wicker Man
4 - Thirteen
5 - Rita
6 - Galactica
7 - Runaway Mine Train
8 - The Smiler
9 - Spinball
10 -  Octonauts
Nutty Man

1.Wicker Man
2.Nemesis
3.The smiler
4.Galactica
5.TH13TEEN
6.Rita
7.Oblivion
8.RMT
9.Spinball
10.Octonauts
Complete credit goes to the bubbleboi
Tom170499

1. Wicker Man 
2. The Smiler 
3. Rita
4. Oblivion 
5. Nemesis 
6. Air 
7. Spinball 
8. RMT 
9. Th13teen 

My prediction of Wicker Man being either 1 or 2 was correct. I’ve also had a bit of a reshuffle since my previous post so a few have changed position. I appreciate the theming and technological innovation of Th13teen, but the ride does nothing for me and once you’ve ridden it the first time, you know what to expect so it feels a little flat. 
Swarm Chris

1. Nemesis
2. Wicker Man
3. Oblivion
4. Th13teen
5. Runaway Mine Train
6. The Smiler
7. Galactica
8. Rita
9. Spinball

Nemesis and Wicker Man are close for me. I much prefer the atmosphere and overall themed experience from entering the queue to exiting the ride of Wicker Man. However, the ride experience and intensity of Nemesis wins for me, with the closeness to the ground and the near miss over the station being one of my favourite things of any ride. Plus I can normally run around for another go on Nemesis, only been able to do that once on Wicker Man!

Galactica, Rita and Spinball: well I'll happily watch them go to the scrap heap! :lol

I like the idea of Galactica, but the VR is patchy at best and I find the seats really uncomfortable and painful by the end of the ride.
ATI

I have fairly unpopular opinions:-

1. Smiler
2. Wicker Man
3. Rita
4. Thirteen
5. Nemesis
6. Galactica
7. Spinball Whizzer
8. Oblivion
9. Runaway Mine Train
10. Octonauts
We were born to fly...
jackf1tz

1. Nemesis
2. Wicker Man
3.Galactica
4. Th13teen
5. The Smiler
6. Oblivion
7. Rita
8. Runaway Mine Train
9. Spinball Whizzer
Morgan

1. Nemesis
2. Wicker Man
3. Oblivion
4. The Smiler
5. Galactica
6. Spinball
7. Runaway Mine Train
8. Thirteen
9. Octonauts
10. Rita
JC13

1: Wicker Man
2: Rita
3: The Smiler
4: Thirteen
5: Oblivion
6: Nemesis
7: Galactica
8: Spinball
9: RMT
10: Octonauts
Nynaeve

I've not been since Wicker Man opened so will leave it off my list til after Scarefest...

1) Nemesis - still going strong as my favourite
2) The Smiler - have only actually been on The Smiler once but boy does it live up to expectations, smile always!
3) Air/Galactica without VR - I loved Air and after one brief try of the VR I much prefer Galactica without, still one of my favourites though.
4) Th13teen - in terms of re-rideability Th13teen would be top of my list, I could go round and round on this great little coaster all day!
5) Oblivion - still love the rush of riding Oblivion, this is the one ride that genuinely terrifies me as it starts to move out of the station and crawls slowly towards the drop!
6) Runaway Mine Train - RMT like Th13teen I could happily go round and round on all day, it might be aimed at kids but it's a totally joyous little ride.
7) Rita - I do enjoy the exhilirating speed of Rita but she's so rough in recent years that I can't ride more than once a day without getting a headache.
8 ) Spinball Whizzer - Spinball just makes me feel sick, I don't tend to bother riding at all now.
Wagstaff04

Just one change since my trip yesterday. Rides which I rode them have a description. 

1. Nemesis. Still as butter-smooth and intense as I remember. 
2. Wicker Man. If I had to describe this in one word, it would be insanity. Back row is a must at the end of the day. 
3. Galactica. Just loads of fun. 
4. Oblivion. Still here, although the ride I had yesterday was extremely disappointing. 
5. Smiler. Had high hopes yesterday, but was still pretty rough. Didn’t help that I was on back row. 
6. Th13teen. 
7. Rita. 
8. Spinball. 
9. Mine Train. Had a good ride, and the ride op was great. #choochoo. 
10. Octonauts. 
RideOpMatt

1. Smiler
2. Wicker Man (late on when it shifts)
3. Oblivion
4. Galactica
5. Nemesis
6. Th13teen
7. Rita
8. RMT

First time riding Nemesis was after seeing on all the forums everyone raving about it, and honestly I don’t see what everyone enjoys about it so much. Just didn’t really do it for me as much as some others.
ChelsBartsATFan

1. Wicker Man
2. The Smiler
3. Nemesis
4. Spinball Whizzer
5. Oblivion
6. Thirteen
7. Rita
8. Galactica (no VR)
9. RMT

Wicker Man on the back row = Air time!!! :)
Nemesis will always be a classic
I can’t stop laughing every time I go on Spinball!
Oblivion use to be my fav but it’s lost it’s spark :(
Galactica is sooooo woeful and so is the long queue!
Sawboss

1. The Smiler
2. Wicker Man
3. Nemesis
4. Air :P
5. Thirteen
6. Spinball Whizzer
7. Rita
8. Oblivion
Dom

I'm updating my in the dark list.
1. Wicker Man