The Alton Towers Park Map

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dan

AltonOperator wrote:The full high res pdf 2019 map has now been uploaded to the Alton towers site
https://www.altontowers.com/media/6257/atr-gate-map-2019.pdf
That one does look better than the one Towers originally posted on social media, although it still isn’t overly effective as a navigational tool.

For next year I’d love to see a new map design, with a bit more of a balance between functionality and artistic quality.
Dachshund

The thing I don't like about it is that you have for example the Towers pointing up at an angle, then immediately behind it is the Dungeon which doesn't. Just looks like bits of different maps quickly collaged together.
Justin

The map isn't bad to be honest. It is a style that has been used for a few years now, but it is a design that links instantly to Towers.

Any redesign would have to be carefully thought out, otherwise we will get something diabolical like Thorpe's new map!

I did notice Burger Kitchen in CCL is now the wrong colour! :lol
Swarm Chris

Justin wrote: Any redesign would have to be carefully thought out, otherwise we will get something diabolical like Thorpe's new map!
Controversial  :P

Whilst the navigational use of Alton's map is perhaps a little odd, I wonder how many people actually use the map as a map? To me it seems they are used more as souvenir pieces. The app provides a far clearer map for actual navigation, along with the benefit of queue times being listed. 

For all the things that have been cut over the years, it's kind of nice that this is still something that exists.